(Topic ID: 72482)

Data East Star Wars Club...Members & Fans Welcome.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,741 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by EmptyH
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c7f69cb7e727466a9dbf81e20a2982efb50f5e3d (1) (resized).jpg
20240403_121151 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240403_133710_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240403_121203 (resized).jpg
20240403_121219 (resized).jpg
20240403_121236 (resized).jpg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpg
IMG_8263 (resized).jpg
20240327_211638 (resized).jpg
20240327_211610 (resized).jpg
20240326_211038 (resized).jpg
20240311_121514 (resized).jpg
20240226_145845 (resized).jpg
20240226_144735 (resized).jpg
20240226_140945 (resized).jpg
20240226_135857 (resized).jpg
There are 4,741 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 95.
#2401 6 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Fixed my connector issue permanently. Typical overload burn got to the circuit board as well, causing permanent damage to the traces. I had to replace and re-route a couple of them, so the original connector replacement was not my first choice to repair it:

Wiring and terminals overheated:

Repaired the damaged board and added a pigtail with an automotive connector. Added the mating connector to the original harness:

Replacing the bulbs with LED's will reduce the load significantly and prevent further aging. Unfortunately, time vs. heat has gotten to all of these machines, since LED's weren't an option for years.

Great repair. Impressive. Very impressive...

1 week later
#2402 6 years ago

Anyone have a source for the yellow standard standup targets of the scoop cliffy? Marco is out of stock on both of those items and I can't seem to find any at any other vendor.

Thanks!

#2403 6 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Anyone have a source for the yellow standard standup targets of the scoop cliffy? Marco is out of stock on both of those items and I can't seem to find any at any other vendor.
Thanks!

I have an extra 2 bank 500-5615-06 target. They are clear not yellow. I put it new yellow targets thinking they were bad but the pin just had loose wires in the back box. You can have them. PM me with your address.

#2404 6 years ago

The Data East SW remake is ready to play.
Unofficial 1.07 rom with stock DE hardware.
You have to destroy the deflector schield by shooting the kickback at the right side between the ramp and scoop.
Then the death Star lift ramp (left) opens for multibal (under the death star ).

IMG_20170601_005920 (resized).jpgIMG_20170601_005920 (resized).jpg

#2405 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Now if only your artwork package was on the new Stern pinball....
Fantastic job!

#2406 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

You have to destroy the deflector schield by shooting the kickback at the right side between the ramp and scoop.
Then the death Star lift ramp (left) opens for multibal (under the death star ).

My mind is blown. Where would you even start?!! Great job!

More pics and gameplay videos please!

#2407 6 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Marco just shipped me out 4 today that I had on backorder, #180-5082-06

#2408 6 years ago

Anyone have the pinsound file by julien in converted to wav format that you can share?

I have it installed but want to update it and save to pc, just having a problem with the conversion.

#2409 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

My mind is blown. Where would you even start?!! Great job!
More pics and gameplay videos please!

Agreed. Would love to see a video.

#2410 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Does the lcd interact with game play?

Is the dmd below it still used or its just reuse of the speaker panel.

#2411 6 years ago

LAH Crane Decal Redrawn to vector and in Metric 25mm by 23 mm per letter

LAH Crane Decal Redrawn.pdfLAH Crane Decal Redrawn.pdf

2 weeks later
#2412 6 years ago

Ok, my sound issue is back and the fix is to reseat the sound board cable to the power supply...problem is, I can't recall which connector this is. Could someone throw me a bone? Thanks in advance!

#2413 6 years ago

I just picked up a DESW that is in pretty good shape. This is my first DE. Their is a rubber bungee cord hooked to an eye bolt on the floor inside the cabinet. A sign tells me to connect the cord between two eye bolts to hold the playfield up. I don't see eye bolts anywhere to use for this purpose.

Does anyone have a picture of where the eye bolts are supposed to be?

#2414 6 years ago

20170926_203513_resized_1 (resized).jpg20170926_203513_resized_1 (resized).jpg

#2415 6 years ago

Thanks DrummerMike... I see where it is supposed to go now. Must be a screw-in eye that came out at some point on mine. Just a hole there now.

Mac

#2416 6 years ago

NP. It takes a hard pull to get the strap on! My LAH is the same.

#2417 6 years ago
Quoted from Sheprd:

I just picked up a DESW that is in pretty good shape. This is my first DE. Their is a rubber bungee cord hooked to an eye bolt on the floor inside the cabinet. A sign tells me to connect the cord between two eye bolts to hold the playfield up. I don't see eye bolts anywhere to use for this purpose.
Does anyone have a picture of where the eye bolts are supposed to be?

Mine was missing too when i got it. It is a counterbalance device for service.

#2418 6 years ago

Anyone think there is a way to make the millennium falcon from the new Stern machine work on the DE game?

Would be a cool addition if we could get it to work and illuminate with the hyper space shot.

#2419 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone think there is a way to make the millennium falcon from the new Stern machine work on the DE game?
Would be a cool addition if we could get it to work and illuminate with the hyper space shot.

I would be in for that. Anyone have the link to what one they used? I could experiment with it.

#2420 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I would be in for that. Anyone have the link to what one they used? I could experiment with it.

Don't have a link for it but I think stern is selling it so it could be added to the pro and I know for a fact that Mezel mods has it for $90 on their site. Expensive but if it could be tied in so that when hyper ramp is hit, the lights illuminate.... that would be a very nice addition. Cointaker has one for sale as well but doesn't look quite as detailed.

I'm thinking easiest way to do this would be able to tie into the wiring for that hyperspace light correct?

1 week later
#2422 6 years ago

To be precise he only released a new hardware design but he never showed a version fully working. So as long as there is no video I assume he has not even started with programming the firmware necessary for it to work. This if definitely the more time consuming part of it.

In contrary I have tested and released the first working version PIN2DMD firmware for 128x16 just today which of course supports full frame by frame colorization. Just need to finish the pcbs design for the hardware.

Here is a test with a Star Trek Display ROM

#2423 6 years ago

Anyone know if a source or have an extra metal ramp? Mine has a failed weld at the very bottom corner as you enter the ramp that causes the ball to deflect and not go up the ramp unless the shot is perfect. The 2nd weld up the ramp is about to fail as well. The ramp is in otherwise good shape.

Any advice on repairing those tiny welds??

#2424 6 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Find a local shop (body shop, metal work, etc) and have it welded back together.

#2425 6 years ago

I took mine to local welding company, $20 and 10 min later it was good (maybe better) as new!

#2426 6 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Anyone know if a source or have an extra metal ramp? Mine has a failed weld at the very bottom corner as you enter the ramp that causes the ball to deflect and not go up the ramp unless the shot is perfect. The 2nd weld up the ramp is about to fail as well. The ramp is in otherwise good shape.

I sent mine out for repair, nice job. PM me if you want the info

1 week later
#2427 6 years ago

Well it is getting close for the completion my Star Wars DE.

I am having it professionally restored and will be completed in a few weeks time.

Here are some prior photographs for the pinball machine:

Star Wars - Cabinet Sideview.jpgStar Wars - Cabinet Sideview.jpg

Star Wars - Playfield.jpgStar Wars - Playfield.jpg

Star Wars - Underneath 1.jpgStar Wars - Underneath 1.jpg

Star Wars - Playfield with Ramp.jpgStar Wars - Playfield with Ramp.jpg

#2428 6 years ago

Omg, I've got my RasPiSound up and running and have built on the existing sound collections which I will share soon... but let me say, if you're on the fence about getting this or the pinsound I say do it! Either one, who cares! It is a whole new game with updated music and sounds (and callouts). It's night and day, crazy good! I expected to love it but not as much as i do!

#2429 6 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

Omg, I've got my RasPiSound up and running and have built on the existing sound collections which I will share soon... but let me say, if you're on the fence about getting this or the pinsound I say do it! Either one, who cares! It is a whole new game with updated music and sounds (and callouts). It's night and day, crazy good! I expected to love it but not as much as i do!

I agree 100%

#2430 6 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

How does the raspy sound work? Any video?

#2431 6 years ago

I will make a video soon, still tweeking sounds. It's been fun. I took the Falcon dogfight and the Deathstar attack and chopped them up into about 13 diff clips for variety in the video launch shot. Couldn't resist adding Bill Murray singing the theme and the Meco disco version too! Both are a fun surprise when they come up.
Here's his site, he shipped fast, answered a bunch of my dumb questions, I was very happy with the transaction.

http://pinball-mods.de/2017/01/27/new-pinball-sound-for-de/

#2432 6 years ago

Hi all, Thanks for the Great forum. I'm needing some HELP. I've attached a photo of the ramp gate could some please send me a picture of this in reverse so that I can put it back together and know exactly the way the switch is mounted . I'm fixing up this machine I recently bought which was probably never cleaned in it life, I've replaced all the plastics and globes. This swich and gate is the last thing needed and I can't seem to figure it out. Appreciate HELP

Regards Roger

Screenshot_20171026-141024 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20171026-141024 (resized).jpg

#2433 6 years ago
Quoted from RogerLo:

exactly the way the switch is mounted .

I believe it is mounted upside down with the long actuator resting on top of the main
"wire form" rollunder gate.
The switch is mounted on the outside of the heavy support bracket. [ not on the inside.]

#2434 6 years ago

Thank you Vec-Tor

#2435 6 years ago

I have a weird issue in which my 3po lights switch eyes when ever a flipper button is pressed.

This has only started since I put in my colordmd.

I've had a look to make sure there wasn't anything else touching the light sockets or anything like that but i was sure the lights didn't switch before.

Am i going crazy and this is the normal behaviour? It had been a while since i'd played it but surely not?

#2436 6 years ago
Quoted from KBRI1700:

Well it is getting close for the completion my Star Wars DE.
I am having it professionally restored and will be completed in a few weeks time.
Here are some prior photographs for the pinball machine:

Very nice. You chose the black decals instead of the stock ones?

Full bling chromed trim, lockdown, coin door?

#2437 6 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I have a weird issue in which my 3po lights switch eyes when ever a flipper button is pressed.

Note: C3PO's eye's alternate with the flippers when one eye is lit.

#2438 6 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Note: C3PO's eye's alternate with the flippers when one eye is lit.

Thanks. I've never honestly noticed that before. I wonder if that is a chad software thing or was in the original rom.

#2439 6 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I wonder if that is a chad software thing or was in the original rom.

OEM.

#2440 6 years ago

If your C-3PO eyes are alternating with flipper hits then that tells me you are running v1.04 or older... I recommend you upgrade to v.1.07 and take advantage of all the newer stuff.

http://www.pinballcode.com/sw107

#2441 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I recommend you upgrade to v.1.07 and take advantage of all the newer stuff.

Chad's code is great! Makes the game far more challenging instead of just bombing the ramp all day. Make sure you let Chad know you appreciate the code!!

#2442 6 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Very nice. You chose the black decals instead of the stock ones?
Full bling chromed trim, lockdown, coin door?

I chose the black decals and I am going with black trim, lockdown, coin door and legs

Star Wars 207 (resized).jpgStar Wars 207 (resized).jpg

#2443 6 years ago

The black is awesome! So much better than the blue. Great look.

#2444 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

If your C-3PO eyes are alternating with flipper hits then that tells me you are running v1.04 or older... I recommend you upgrade to v.1.07 and take advantage of all the newer stuff.
http://www.pinballcode.com/sw107

You're right.

IMG_1706 (resized).JPGIMG_1706 (resized).JPG

I checked my notes and it was burnt by you just before you stopped doing it for people

I'll have to find someone local that can burn a newer one.

#2445 6 years ago
Quoted from koops:

You're right.

I checked my notes and it was burnt by you just before you stopped doing it for people

Check out the DE Star Wars Owners Group on Facebook (see below). There is somebody on there that will burn for you. If you do that, don't forget to show ChadH some love.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7005516769/

#2446 6 years ago
Quoted from koops:

You're right.

Check out my pinside shop...I can do most ROMs

#2447 6 years ago
Quoted from koops:

You're right.

And get some nvram in that ASAP!!! Easiest and most underrated mod of all imho

#2448 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

+1

#2449 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Yeah the main problem is my location.

Postage sucks badly :/

2 weeks later
#2450 6 years ago

Hi guys,

After a long year I was able to restored my SW, still missing a key part, the bar target mech. I bought half part in Mexico through eBay but n very bad shape and incomplete, but that's all I got, had to fabricated the bracket, cam, motor, switches, etc...... hope works.

I got a question for the experts here, I got these switches with just two connections instead three like original ones, can I make them work? How do I install the diode?

Regards,
Gustavo

image2 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpeg

image3 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpeg

IMG_0256 (resized).JPGIMG_0256 (resized).JPG

image1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
PinSound

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

There are 4,741 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-clubmembers-fans-welcome/page/49?hl=alistaircg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.