(Topic ID: 72482)

Data East Star Wars Club...Members & Fans Welcome.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,744 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by vec-tor
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c7f69cb7e727466a9dbf81e20a2982efb50f5e3d (1) (resized).jpg
20240403_121151 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240403_133710_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240403_121203 (resized).jpg
20240403_121219 (resized).jpg
20240403_121236 (resized).jpg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpg
IMG_8263 (resized).jpg
20240327_211638 (resized).jpg
20240327_211610 (resized).jpg
20240326_211038 (resized).jpg
20240311_121514 (resized).jpg
20240226_145845 (resized).jpg
20240226_144735 (resized).jpg
20240226_140945 (resized).jpg
20240226_135857 (resized).jpg
There are 4,744 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 95.
#1951 7 years ago

Just got my ColorDMD LED into my SW, definitely worth the upgrade!

Edit: Here's a video from my machine:

#1952 7 years ago

Anyone have any good leads on a nice machine for sale?

#1953 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone have any good leads on a nice machine for sale?

There was one for sale in Northern Ohio recently. Should be on the marketplace.

edit: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/40532

#1954 7 years ago

I have one Id let go of. Its in Florida but I ship pins all the time. Nice one too. I have the newest code and the pinsound board.

#1955 7 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

Just got my ColorDMD LED into my SW, definitely worth the upgrade!
Edit: Here's a video from my machine:
» YouTube video

Glad you like it! It was a blast to color!

#1956 7 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

I love the black cab!!!
Here's 2 "is this right?" pics/questions.
The rail seems solid, haven't noticed broken welds. Works fine, looks like it's sitting too far left.
Is the tab sticking out also a broken weld?

Bump. Do these look right? Thanks
Edit. Oops thought the quote would show pics from 37

#1957 7 years ago

Can someone (or more then one person) please confirm the type of Playfield Power Board used in Star Wars?
The manual says 520-5021-05 (page 32).
The schematics says 520-5021-00 (no extra fuses and J2 is 9-pins).

The extra fuses F7-F8 and F9 are tell tales that it's a 5021-05 board.
Also the J2 connector is 10 pins on the 5021-05 board.

#1958 7 years ago

Ran downstairs between conference calls this morning. Looks like mine is a -00.
20161031_101522 (resized).jpg20161031_101522 (resized).jpg

#1959 7 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

Ran downstairs between conference calls this morning. Looks like mine is a -00.

Thanks for looking.

#1960 7 years ago

Still looking if anyone is selling!

#1961 7 years ago

So apparently I am a member here now, do I get a membership card in the mail ?

...it wasnt in the cabnet

#1962 7 years ago
Quoted from alistaircg:

So apparently I am a member here now, do I get a membership card in the mail ?
...it wasnt in the cabnet

You'll have to use the force to locate it.....

#1963 7 years ago

Star Wars Topper by www.tilttopper.com

Dan's reply:

I am building a Star Wars topper and have been working on the design for the last two months.
I expect to release it sometime in December.
I will be sending out an email with all the info when it's available.

#1964 7 years ago

Thought you fine folk could save me $130:

My DESW suddenly has a problem I believe is related to the L/R relay on the PPB board. Flashers are firing instead of their coil counterparts. It's not consistent: In coil test it might do an L flasher for 3 to 5 times before the associated R coil fires. Everything is fine if I power cycle, then the flashers replace coils starting with the trough, eject, shooter, and scoops.

Should I just grab a new PPB?

#1965 7 years ago

During our Halloween block party, Kylo Ren stopped by for some DE Star Wars Action.

The force is still strong with this pin..

DSC00461 (resized).jpgDSC00461 (resized).jpg
DSC00432 (resized).jpgDSC00432 (resized).jpg

#1966 7 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

During our Halloween block party, Kylo Ren stopped by for some DE Star Wars Action.
The force is still strong with this pin..

Sick!!

#1967 7 years ago

What does the shifter actually do in the game ? When and how do I use it ? I get the start with shooting the tie and shooting the stormtroopers

#1968 7 years ago
Quoted from alistaircg:

What does the shifter actually do in the game ? When and how do I use it ? I get the start with shooting the tie and shooting the stormtroopers

I always wondered the same thing, it says up and down on it, what moves up and down with the handle?

#1969 7 years ago

I believe it was for the not fully programmed speeder video mode (there's a video somewhere in this thread demo-ing that, I believe). I also lower it and hit the button to lower the Death Star door when it's ready, but not certain if shifting the handle down is necessary or just a habit I picked up ha.

#1970 7 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

I believe it was for the not fully programmed speeder video mode (there's a video somewhere in this thread demo-ing that, I believe). I also lower it and hit the button to lower the Death Star door when it's ready, but not certain if shifting the handle down is necessary or just a habit I picked up ha.

There is some strategy on doing that which I really like.

When you hear "Death Star approaching", it means you can lower the handle and hit the button to open the hatch on the Death Star to begin multi ball. However, it's a timer and if you don't hit it, then you have to restart the Death Star counter. I tend to not use that prior to a final ball. On the final ball, all bets are off and I go for it and hope my skill is enough to hit that shot...

#1971 7 years ago

that entire fancy handle, just for that ?

#1972 7 years ago

Who offers the best retro Transite?

thx
tom

#1973 7 years ago

If anyone is considering selling or knows of any for sale please send me a PM!

#1974 7 years ago

Here is a great and complete review from Todd @TNT Amusements for a really nice Star Wars pinball machine. A lot of mods and a PinSound board

#1975 7 years ago

where and how could i plug this into my game ?
https://www.amazon.com/Star-Remote-Control-Lightsaber-Light/dp/B01L0DYXGW/ref=sr_1_2

next to the shooter ramp i think, but to what event in the game ? and how?

#1976 7 years ago

Anyone have a simple fuse list for DESW? The values are easy to find, but between the minimalist manual and the cabinet stickers, I find myself doing a lot of wire tracing and extra BS when a list of which each fuse protects could be much easier to navigate.

If anyone has any ideas about why my Q28 GI transistor is violently exploding it would be much appreciated, too. Started a thread in tech:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-burning-transistor-literally-q28

#1977 7 years ago

I have a DE Star Wars for sale if anybody is looking for one around Wisconsin

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/41673

#1978 7 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Anyone have a simple fuse list for DESW? The values are easy to find, but between the minimalist manual and the cabinet stickers, I find myself doing a lot of wire tracing and extra BS when a list of which each fuse protects could be much easier to navigate.
If anyone has any ideas about why my Q28 GI transistor is violently exploding it would be much appreciated, too. Started a thread in tech:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-burning-transistor-literally-q28

Did you check my website www.inkochnito.nl ?
Look in the Tech Chart section.
There is a file for Star Wars.
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Tech_Charts/Data_East_Star_Wars_Tech_Chart.pdf

Q28 exploding could be a bad relay on the Power Supply.
Is the CN7 connector correctly connected?
If it is reversed it can short out the transistor becauce of the diode for the relay.
Brown-orange should be on pin 1 and red on pin 3.

#1979 7 years ago

I'll check that relay and connector for sure. Great stuff, thanks much!

#1980 7 years ago

Hey guys I am close to completing a restoration! I have a few questions so please let me know if you can. I will post some photos when done, I replaced all the plastics, LED, Pinsound, speaker kit, etc. Game looks great!

First question. I cannot get the game to the correct angle. I thought the level vile was just off but I just purchased a TSPP game and can see how much more angle that game is and now also see how slow the SW game is so it definitely needs to be a higher pitch. Seems like an easy adjust but the rear feet are all the way down (high) and the fronts are all the way in and it is nowhere close to the proper angle. The front and rear legs are the same size. Is this correct or is the rear leg supposed to be longer than the front?

I have a couple left over plastics from the kit. Any idea where these go? It appears that the small blue piece goes behind the use the force hole but there is now a flasher there and maybe a design change? I see nowhere the clear plastic would even fit.

BTW, I just got the cpu board repair and center ramp repairs made and if anyone needs this service let me know and will forward the names of the folks that did these services.

2016-11-12 05.52.22 (resized).jpg2016-11-12 05.52.22 (resized).jpg

#1981 7 years ago

Hi!
I would Need this plastic
could someone help and send it in a cheap letter to europe?

thank you
tom

image_43792_1_484x484 (resized).jpgimage_43792_1_484x484 (resized).jpg

#1982 7 years ago

Speaking of plastics, anyone have any of the rivet information needed for the plastics? I've got a batch of the CPR plastics, but been too busy to source rivet information.

#1983 7 years ago

I dont know if this will break any rules here, but does somebody have a high resolution scan or artwork for the translite? mine has faded badly

#1984 7 years ago

I've been looking for a very nice Tommy or Godzilla or Godzilla playfield.
if anybody has any leads on someone who wants to sell, shoot me a pm pretty please!
Thanks!!!

#1985 7 years ago

It's been asked before but not sure of the answer. The old rotating motors of R2 and deathstar - both 12 v and same motor? My death star rotates on occasion (new code) but poor R2 just jumps up and down. Just wanted to test if it was the motor or something else. All leads in place. Thought I could just do a swap and check if that's possible.

Any sources for a new motor of it's shot?

Thanks

#1986 7 years ago

Reading the rules - finally found something the shifter handle does - when 5th moon is lit for the death star, you press fire with the handle down to drop the target for tri-ball within a certain time. Does it do anything else?

#1987 7 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

It's been asked before but not sure of the answer. The old rotating motors of R2 and deathstar - both 12 v and same motor? My death star rotates on occasion (new code) but poor R2 just jumps up and down. Just wanted to test if it was the motor or something else. All leads in place. Thought I could just do a swap and check if that's possible.
Any sources for a new motor of it's shot?
Thanks

There are 3 motors on DESW and none of them are interchangeable. They are all 24V AC motors.

Death Star Target Drop motor http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/14-7941
Death Star Rotation Motor http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/041-5022-00
R2D2 Motor http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/041-5019-00

All these part numbers can be found in the manual.

#1988 7 years ago

It is possible to open the motor, clean it and seal it back up. My R2-D2 is going strong after doing this. Found out about this from http://www.aaarpinball.com/StarWars/StarWars.htm.

#1989 7 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Reading the rules - finally found something the shifter handle does - when 5th moon is lit for the death star, you press fire with the handle down to drop the target for tri-ball within a certain time. Does it do anything else?

Still hoping this becomes a reality someday:

Edit:

Before anyone gets their hopes up, ChadH's statement after originally posting the above:

"I got it working long after the code was released... but unfortunately it's a hack and won't work in the real game. I'd love to some day figure out a way to incorporate it but chances are really slim. I was happy to at least be able share what it was for historical purposes."

#1990 7 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

It is possible to open the motor, clean it and seal it back up. My R2-D2 is going strong after doing this. Found out about this from http://www.aaarpinball.com/StarWars/StarWars.htm.

Exactly the right solution- thanks for that. Loving this game. Always seem to have 1 DE in my collection-had LE3, then JP, then Tommy, then R and B- now this. The company certainly knew how to put out fun games.

1 week later
#1991 7 years ago

Can someone tell me if the flashers in the back box are #89 bayonets or #906 wedge? The manual gives no information.

#1992 7 years ago

I believe the back box brights are #906.

#1993 7 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Can someone tell me if the flashers in the back box are #89 bayonets or #906 wedge? The manual gives no information.

I've never seen 906's in the insert.
Every game has 89's as far as I saw them in the manuals.
Just look at my Tech Chart:
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Tech_Charts/Data_East_Star_Wars_Tech_Chart.pdf

#1994 7 years ago

Hello, Inkochnito.
I assume you do not have a Star Wars in front of you.

Note: Data East Star Wars was made just after LW3.
LW3 back box has all wedge base lamp sockets #555/#259, or #545 and #906.
Check the back box pix. of LW3 and Star Wars on the Pinball Internet Data Base.
There you will see that the back box does indeed have wedge base sockets.

The Data East Manuel for Star Wars as a lot of flaws!

I've never seen 906's in the insert. ( check real pictures of the game)

Every game has 89's as far as I saw them in the manuals. ( never trust the manual, use it as a guide)

#1995 7 years ago

Is it possible to set the drop target bank height? I added a playield protector and the drops are a little low and cause ball traps. I looked at the targets for 10 minutes but could see anything adjustable. There is a mysterious nut and bolt on the side...

#1996 7 years ago

Data East Star Wars was the first game in their lineup of pinball games that had an
adjustment screw for the bottom rest position for their drop targets.
1) loosen the two side screws 1/4 hex head. Then turn the main screw, with the nut,
in order to shift the "L" adjustment bracket and thus lowering and / or raising the
reset plate.
2) When satisfied with new height tighten the two side screw on the "L" bracket.

#1997 7 years ago

My business partner has bought this game and put it at our work. I find it very one dimensional, just pound the death star and then go for multiball jackpots. Are there any recommended setups for this game that will make it more balanced and interesting?

#1998 7 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Hello, Inkochnito.
The Data East Manuel for Star Wars as a lot of flaws!
Every game has 89's as far as I saw them in the manuals. ( never trust the manual, use it as a guide)

I agree: never trust a manual 100%! Thanks for the info.

#1999 7 years ago
Quoted from onetaste:

My business partner has bought this game and put it at our work. I find it very one dimensional, just pound the death star and then go for multiball jackpots. Are there any recommended setups for this game that will make it more balanced and interesting?

Get the code update
http://www.pinballcode.com/

#2000 7 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Hello, Inkochnito.
The Data East Manual for Star Wars as a lot of flaws!

You are correct, I do not have a Star Wars in front of me.
I still doubt the game uses #906 lamps on the insert.
I've looked at every game on the ipdb using the Data East version 3 CPU.
The image for Star Wars and LW3 do not show the insert lamps clearly.
None of the images show #906 lamps, in fact every game insert i've seen on the ipdb has #89 lamps.
Best to see at the back side of the insert.
Even Gun 'n Roses and Maverick (one of the last DE games) uses #89 on the insert.

I do not take the info in the manual for perfect.
That is why I made the Tech Charts, to correct the wrongs in the manual.
If you can provide me an image from the back of the insert I'll change the Tech Chart accordingly.
If you see any other errors, please rapport them to me.
I'm only human.....

Peter
www.inkochnito.nl

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

There are 4,744 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-clubmembers-fans-welcome/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.