(Topic ID: 72482)

Data East Star Wars Club...Members & Fans Welcome.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,719 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by ramegoom
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240327_211638 (resized).jpg
20240327_211610 (resized).jpg
20240326_211038 (resized).jpg
20240311_121514 (resized).jpg
20240226_145845 (resized).jpg
20240226_144735 (resized).jpg
20240226_140945 (resized).jpg
20240226_135857 (resized).jpg
20240225_130341 (resized).jpg
20240216_143848 (resized).jpg
R2D2-PLASTIC-FOR-STAR-WARS-DATA-EAST-800x900 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240213_095530 (resized).jpg
IMG_0007 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0005 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4052 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,719 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 95.
#1501 8 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

That's Lamp 25 (Credit Lamp). YEL-BLK is fine, but the RED-BRN needs to be soldered to the banded (cathode) side of the diode on the cabinet screw tab. The non-banded side (anode) stays where it is.

Excellent. Thank you...this fixed it right up. Credit lamp flashes the entire game but guess that is normal ( it is on free play).

#1502 8 years ago
Quoted from jacklick:

......Anyway going to go check and modify this setting. Would have been nice to have a few extra balls.
How does everyone else have their's configured.
http://www.pinballcode.com/sw104

changed game/replay reward from special (not sure why I had it set like that) to credit...just played a quick game and got the 25 million victory lap for first time.

Now if I can only get a combo or super combo.

#1503 8 years ago
Quoted from jacklick:

Excellent. Thank you...this fixed it right up. Credit lamp flashes the entire game but guess that is normal ( it is on free play).

Glad you got it fixed. Yes, the lamp will flash all the time when the machine is set on free play.

#1504 8 years ago

ebay.com link: Data East Black Housing Speaker Panel Jurassic Park Tommy Star Wars ETC

I know some folks are here are looking for this piece.

That price tho...

#1506 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah he knows what he's got.

The clips themselves are made from unobtainium

They don't even have a part number.

The think i noticed with them was that they seemed to be unique to each speaker panel. I have a JP also and compared my sw ones to it and their screw offsets were totally different. Even left to right they are different. I hazard a guess that the clips got shoved in and then a screw was forced through the plastic itself.

#1507 8 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I hazard a guess that the clips got shoved in and then a screw was forced through the plastic itself.

Mine are the same way.

You can make a set of brackets with a 3D printer.

#1508 8 years ago

Finally got my SW working nearly 100%, save for a few flashers on the left side of the play field, the ones in the pop bumper area. The wiring is orange/black&gray. I have to think maybe I loosened a connector somewhere...can anyone take a look at theirs and see if you see a connector under the play field? Or do those wires head straight to the backbox?

#1509 8 years ago
Quoted from Tim_may:

Mine are the same way.
You can make a set of brackets with a 3D printer.

Not having a printer myself I shopped around this idea to some printing companies with the idea to make quite a few. Turned it waaaay to expensive for me to justify.

I ended up using stock williams steel ones and putting them in reversed with a small amount of steel cut off.

#1510 8 years ago

I've got my Pinsound remix ready for some testing. Before I go through the trouble of converting everything over to .ogg files for upload, if anyone wants and has time to test the mix - PM me and I'll let a few people kick the tires. It's currently sitting at 1.2gb uncompressed, so it's a big download. Something like 800 files or so.

I've done my best to keep the game from being so "chatty" as by default there were a ton of sounds cueing over the top of each other. Unfortunately, the way the cues happen, it's hard to control. It does have A TON of samples in it though and would like some feedback on how they all work within the game. I've done my best kluge method to add some variety to some of the music tracks, even if that means that some files exist in duplicate (in the case of the pre-multiball cue, I've got 3x as many X-Wings Draw Fire to Into the Trap) to provide a bit more control over hearing a cue and still allow some random differences.

I'm still debating my preferred sequence for basic gameplay music. Currently, the sequence is:
Pre-launch: Rebel Blockade Runner, Into the Trap (build up to main cue), TIE Fighter Attack
Ball in play: Main Title and a slightly shorter version of it minus the intro fanfare
Multiball ready (Death Star open): X-Wings Draw Fire (x3) and Into the Trap
Multiball:Imperial March
Jackpot: The Throne Room
End of Ball cash in: End Title

I've also got source audio and music into a reworked multiball DMD animation (surprised myself with how well that came out) and audio for the various Force modes (AT-AT and Jedi Return)

Before releasing it to everyone, I plan on toning down the Ewok chatter and replacing it with more "alien speak" from the films (Mos Eisley, Jabba's palace, Jawas, etc); but, I need to go through each of the 6 channel masters to find them and haven't had the time yet.

BTW - No prequel or sequel cues are present in this mix. Just the original trilogy. So, if you want your Duel of the Fates and Battle of the Heros, this isn't for you. I will admit that The Force Awakens did cause me to come back immediately to my mix and add Burning Homestead into the group of attract mode cues.

#1511 8 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

I've got my Pinsound remix ready for some testing. Before I go through the trouble of converting everything over to .ogg files for upload, if anyone wants and has time to test the mix - PM me and I'll let a few people kick the tires. It's currently sitting at 1.2gb uncompressed, so it's a big download. Something like 800 files or so.
I've done my best to keep the game from being so "chatty" as by default there were a ton of sounds cueing over the top of each other. Unfortunately, the way the cues happen, it's hard to control. It does have A TON of samples in it though and would like some feedback on how they all work within the game. I've done my best kluge method to add some variety to some of the music tracks, even if that means that some files exist in duplicate (in the case of the pre-multiball cue, I've got 3x as many X-Wings Draw Fire to Into the Trap) to provide a bit more control over hearing a cue and still allow some random differences.
I'm still debating my preferred sequence for basic gameplay music. Currently, the sequence is:
Pre-launch: Rebel Blockade Runner, Into the Trap (build up to main cue), TIE Fighter Attack
Ball in play: Main Title and a slightly shorter version of it minus the intro fanfare
I've also got source audio and music into a reworked multiball DMD animation (surprised myself with how well that came out) and audio for the various Force modes (AT-AT and Jedi Return)
Before releasing it to everyone, I plan on toning down the Ewok chatter and replacing it with more "alien speak" from the films (Mos Eisley, Jabba's palace, Jawas, etc); but, I need to go through each of the 6 channel masters to find them and haven't had the time yet.
BTW - No prequel or sequel cues are present in this mix. Just the original trilogy. So, if you want your Duel of the Fates and Battle of the Heros, this isn't for you. I will admit that The Force Awakens did cause me to come back immediately to my mix and add Burning Homestead into the group of attract mode cues.

WOW, that's a hell of a lot of work you've done. Thank you.

#1512 8 years ago

Pm sent

#1513 8 years ago

Sounds incredible; can't wait to hear the finished product.

All I need now is the restoration to be completed and the pinball machine to be delivered.

#1514 8 years ago

I've owned a DESW for about 15 years now and just found this site! Yeah I know, where the hell have I been?

I just upgraded my eprom and can't believe how much more fun it is to play now.

Anyway, major newbie question. I just ordered some blue cabinet touchup paint. Is there a suggested type of brush to use when touching up small spots? Thanks in advance.

One other question, any suggestions for decals for the backbox only? I know Darin's look awesome but he is only selling as a set. Rest of my cabinet looks great but the two sides of the backbox have some minor scrapes, would love to replace just those two with decals.

#1515 8 years ago

Sounds great dude, can't wait

#1516 8 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Hey all -
I just found what I am hoping will be an acceptable topper for the machine. Since many of us have modified the heck out of our machines, I don't see the difference being too big of a deal.
I found a Darth Vader Racers Collector case with 3 racers at Disneyworld. Its heavy plastic, the base is 13.5" wide, 12.5" high, and 2" wide. Attached are pics. The biggest visual difference is the shoulder area.
I plan to keep it whole, and screw it to the top of the machine, utilizing spacers to keep from cracking the plastic. Heck, I'll probably keep the cars in it too.
I'll post a pic of it installed once I get home, but even with Disney's inflated prices, this was only $20 - sure beats the $70+ I've seen advertised for OEM toppers.

HA! I saw that at DisneyWorld when I was there in October and thought about doing the same thing! Let me know how it works out!

#1517 8 years ago
Quoted from jaydee49:

I've owned a DESW for about 15 years now and just found this site! Yeah I know, where the hell have I been?
I just upgraded my eprom and can't believe how much more fun it is to play now.
Anyway, major newbie question. I just ordered some blue cabinet touchup paint. Is there a suggested type of brush to use when touching up small spots? Thanks in advance.
One other question, any suggestions for decals for the backbox only? I know Darin's look awesome but he is only selling as a set. Rest of my cabinet looks great but the two sides of the backbox have some minor scrapes, would love to replace just those two with decals.

Welcome to the club and Pinside. What took ya so long? Wow you've had it a long time, congrats. Go with a couple different sizes camel hair brushes, DON'T buy cheap ones and I find that a good magnifying glass really helps you to see what your doing.

#1518 8 years ago

Welcome to the club jaydee! I used a flat brush about 1/2" wide that tapered to a point that my wife has for art projects. Looks like this http://www.michaels.com/winsor-newton-artists-acrylic-brush-short-handle-one-stroke/MCA5086106.html#q=brush&prefn1=size&prefv1=1%2F2+in&start=1

#1520 8 years ago

Thanks to you and Paul for the help! I've done some minor improvements (replacing bumper caps, plastics, bulbs, etc.) and am looking forward to cleaning up the cabinet a bit. Amazing how much more I play this with the updated ROM.

Quoted from Schwaggs:

Welcome to the club jaydee! I used a flat brush about 1/2" wide that tapered to a point that my wife has for art projects. Looks like this...

#1521 8 years ago
Quoted from jaydee49:

Thanks to you and Paul for the help! I've done some minor improvements (replacing bumper caps, plastics, bulbs, etc.) and am looking forward to cleaning up the cabinet a bit. Amazing how much more I play this with the updated ROM.

#1522 8 years ago

AARGh. broken back plate and marco is out of stock..any suggestions?

#1523 8 years ago
Quoted from Meatneck:

AARGh. broken back plate and marco is out of stock..any suggestions?

Weld it back together?

#1524 8 years ago

its plastic. not sure how long gorilla/superglue would last. may be only option

#1526 8 years ago

Left the club a couple of days ago. DESW was my first pin and I spent many hours and dollars making it better. It's great fun and has so many cool features. I thought I'd keep it forever, but my space was full and I bought a GoT Pro, so something needed to go. The buyer is a good guy and is going to put in on site with upgraded speakers and a Pinsound system. He's already put some figurines in it and applies chrome t-moulding. I'd like to think I lit this game particularly well with good LEDs, strips and spots and hope that it catches people's attention on location. Enjoy your games everyone, I will lurk here for a while longer if that's okay.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1527 8 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Left the club a couple of days ago.

Wow, what a great looking machine! Was your playfield clearcoated? It looks much smoother and shinier than mine...

#1528 8 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Left the club a couple of days ago. DESW was my first pin and I spent many hours and dollars making it better. It's great fun and has so many cool features. I thought I'd keep it forever, but my space was full and I bought a GoT Pro, so something needed to go. The buyer is a good guy and is going to put in on site with upgraded speakers and a Pinsound system. He's already put some figurines in it and applies chrome t-moulding. I'd like to think I lit this game particularly well with good LEDs, strips and spots and hope that it catches people's attention on location. Enjoy your games everyone, I will lurk here for a while longer if that's okay.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Sorry to see ya go but life goes on.

Quoted from Schwaggs:

Wow, what a great looking machine! Was your playfield clearcoated? It looks much smoother and shinier than mine...

I think his pictures were taken through the glass.

#1529 8 years ago

I have been lurking here for the last week. I have the opportunity to pick this game up on a long term loan from a friend. New rom installed. Game not currently booting up (dmd all messed up when powered on) but I can have my tech fix it. Question is: am I going to enjoy having this game in my collection in place of another game? Of course the price is right and the theme is great. I really have zero time playing it. I appreciate your feedback.

#1530 8 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

I have been lurking here for the last week. I have the opportunity to pick this game up on a long term loan from a friend. New rom installed. Game not currently booting up (dmd all messed up when powered on) but I can have my tech fix it. Question is: am I going to enjoy having this game in my collection in place of another game? Of course the price is right and the theme is great. I really have zero time playing it. I appreciate your feedback.

It's not a deep rule set but it's a fun game. Always fun blowing up the Death Star and the ramp is a gratifying shot.

#1531 8 years ago

Get the new code Rom and it's a really fun player. I put the pinsound board and have a great mix in it and it is THE quality Star Wars game that pinside always complains doesn't exist!

#1532 8 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I think its a playfield protector not the glass. Look around the rubbers and you can see the outline of the makrolon poly.

#1533 8 years ago

I'd watch other pinsound videos using duel etc and it just seems so wrong glad you left it to OT only

#1534 8 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I think its a playfield protector not the glass. Look around the rubbers and you can see the outline of the makrolon poly.

Yup and from the reflections of the yellow targets.

#1535 8 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

It's a lexan playfield protector. They look great.

#1536 8 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

It's a lexan playfield protector. They look great.

Cool, it looks great!

#1537 8 years ago

Help Please
After adding a new Star Trek and WOZ pins to my collection, My DE Star Wars, Sopranos and Lethal Weapon 3 pins look dingy and dark (no pop). I sold Lethal Weapon 3 to a friend for his first starter. I added coin taker led lights to Star Wars and I'm half way done with Sopranos. Star Wars looks great and from the half way point I can tell that Sopranos will look great also. I already replaced all the rubbers on SW with blue ones.
I'm also adding some toys to the Star Wars. I'm planning to add the mirror blades on the inside on both machines. I'm looking for some reviews of what mfg/brand you all liked best and why?
Also any other ideas would be welcome.

#1538 8 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I'm planning to add the mirror blades on the inside on both machines. I'm looking for some reviews of what mfg/brand you all liked best and why?

I use pinballsidemirrors on my games but have no room for them with my SW. Cointaker has ones that are thinner. Hope your game playfield will clear mirrors.

Quoted from Quadrat:

Also any other ideas would be welcome.

Comet pop cap rings, red top white bottoms, double spot lights from pinballbulbs.com to brighten up the playfield, I have 3 on my game.

#1539 8 years ago

Howdy DESW fans. I am helping a local home owner bring back some life into his game and it needs a new R2D2 head. It there anywhere to source one?

#1540 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I use pinballsidemirrors on my games but have no room for them with my SW. Cointaker has ones that are thinner. Hope your game playfield will clear mirrors.

Thanks for the heads up on thickness.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Comet pop cap rings, red top white bottoms, double spot lights from pinballbulbs.com to brighten up the playfield, I have 3 on my game.

Very cool would love to see some pics. Mine might have the Comet pop cap rings or something like it.
I bought so many rubbers and lights from different place that I can't remember now.
I need to check my paperwork. Thanks again

#1541 8 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Thanks for the heads up on thickness.

Any time, just be careful with whichever you get. Just go to cometpinball.com, those are the ones I use. The double spot lights kick ass, I have about 36 of them on my games, some games have 4.

#1542 8 years ago

I recently sold my beloved Star Wars pin, but it's in good hands.

I wanted to show the mod that I made which tries to replicates the death star chase scene from the movie.

Its difficult to show, but there's a white led under the x-wing, which lights up the death star entrance target.

DESW_mod_(resized).jpgDESW_mod_(resized).jpg

#1543 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Howdy DESW fans. I am helping a local home owner bring back some life into his game and it needs a new R2D2 head. It there anywhere to source one?

anyone...?

R2D2 head and DeathStar would be great to find if anyone knows of anywhere to look.

thanks

#1544 8 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

I recently sold my beloved Star Wars pin, but it's in good hands.
I wanted to show the mod that I made which tries to replicates the death star chase scene from the movie.
Its difficult to show, but there's a white led under the x-wing, which lights up the death star entrance target.

DESW_mod_(resized).jpg

Nice effort

#1545 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

anyone...?
R2D2 head and DeathStar would be great to find if anyone knows of anywhere to look.
thanks

I've never seen an R2 head for sale. Is it broken, missing or is the chrome bad?

#1546 8 years ago

I've seen in the thread people using the top half of a SW planetarium projector?

#1547 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I've never seen an R2 head for sale. Is it broken, missing or is the chrome bad?

has a crack and chip. Probably fixable but figured I would try to source if I can.

Quoted from paynemic:

I've seen in the thread people using the top half of a SW planetarium projector?

any more info?

#1548 8 years ago

Well gentlemen... it's been a pleasure. I'm quite certain I will regret this decision on Sunday as there is virtually nothing available in my area and I'm already down a pin but as of Saturday I'll be leaving the club. It's nothing against any of you or my beloved machine but I've been a member for a very long time and I'm just kind of ready for a new pin. Dare I say an upgrade. Wife does not support my hobby so the way I move up, is to move on... It's been a pleasure. And it's been emotional.

#1549 8 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Well gentlemen... it's been a pleasure. I'm quite certain I will regret this decision on Sunday as there is virtually nothing available in my area and I'm already down a pin but as of Saturday I'll be leaving the club. It's nothing against any of you or my beloved machine but I've been a member for a very long time and I'm just kind of ready for a new pin. Dare I say an upgrade. Wife does not support my hobby so the way I move up, is to move on... It's been a pleasure. And it's been emotional.

Sorry to see ya go, have fun with your new game.

#1550 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

http://www.amazon.com/Uncle-Milton-Science-Death-Planetarium/dp/B00339P9ME

is that what you are referring to? Any idea if it sizes up the same?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
There are 4,719 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-clubmembers-fans-welcome/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.