(Topic ID: 72482)

Data East Star Wars Club...Members & Fans Welcome.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,744 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by vec-tor
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c7f69cb7e727466a9dbf81e20a2982efb50f5e3d (1) (resized).jpg
20240403_121151 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240403_133710_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240403_121203 (resized).jpg
20240403_121219 (resized).jpg
20240403_121236 (resized).jpg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpg
IMG_8263 (resized).jpg
20240327_211638 (resized).jpg
20240327_211610 (resized).jpg
20240326_211038 (resized).jpg
20240311_121514 (resized).jpg
20240226_145845 (resized).jpg
20240226_144735 (resized).jpg
20240226_140945 (resized).jpg
20240226_135857 (resized).jpg
There are 4,744 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 95.
#102 10 years ago

Anyone looking to join the club? If the condition is as described the price is reasonable.

ebay.com link: Star Wars Pinball Machine Data East

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just finished putting my game back together, had to tig weld the front right tab on the metal ramp and 2 wires on the right wire ramp. Also added were new double clear outlane guides, rechromed R2s head, cleaned and waxed all plastics and pf, led'd top and bottom of pf and bb, new chrome legs and feet, new balls, new rubbers rings, new translight, frame & glass, new pf glass, new bb speaker and lastly took out the shot cab speaker and put a 200 watt 8in. sub under the game.
Here's a picture of it next to Star Trek and Space Shuttle....I call it the 3 S's.
The first game after this 3 month job was 224 million.

I will be putting on 3-4 of Pinballbulbs double spot lights with purple bulbs, it needs more light to be played in a dark room.

SW-ST-SS.JPG 199 KB

Nice work. Can you upload a daylight picture at some point? I'm interested to see how the new lights look and also how the chrome legs look compared to the black.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from RedNeckHunter:

Just wanted to post some pictures of my playfield protector install.
This was what I had to remove in order to place the protector on. Got out the Mr. Clean magic eraser and gave the playfield a good once over and test fit the overlay. Fit really well and had no problems with my Cliffy's hanging up on the force or sarlacc pits.
This is a picture of the playfield once I removed the protective film off the overlay. It looks really close to a clear coat job with a very glossy finish.
All put back together and am pleased with the results.

This is good stuff. I've been waiting for someone to post info about what you've done. I'm going to do the same and would appreciate any tips you have. Such as, did you remove bits that you found out you didn't need to, how long did the whole process take, did you find new problems along the way that slowed you down etc.? I've got one for my The Shadow, but just think ugh, is that going to take me a whole weekend to do?

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Nice work. Can you upload a daylight picture at some point? I'm interested to see how the new lights look and also how the chrome legs look compared to the black.

I'll see what I can do for ya.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

This is good stuff. I've been waiting for someone to post info about what you've done. I'm going to do the same and would appreciate any tips you have. Such as, did you remove bits that you found out you didn't need to, how long did the whole process take, did you find new problems along the way that slowed you down etc.? I've got one for my The Shadow, but just think ugh, is that going to take me a whole weekend to do?

Hey DMC, glad to give you some more information! I started to take my playfield apart about 10pm and had it all done and put back together in about three hours. If you have a magnetic tray to put all the nuts and screws in is a big help. You have to remove the flippers, pop bumper caps, ramps, and some of the toys. My playfield protector came cut with plenty of room to install around the star posts and all the side plastics. If you are concerned about how something goes back together just take a few pictures with your phone before you take it apart. I really like how the game plays with the protector installed. The playfield is so smooth that when the ball rolls down the kick back on the far left it shoots all the way up and around the death star and back down into the pop bumpers. It never did this before and I wonder if it was originally designed to do this. After about 40 games I started to notice some ball tracks so got out the Novus and they vanished.
Also just installed my Pinball Pro speakers. The install took about an hour with the poor directions that came with my speakers. Directions are very outdated and need to be clarified. The speakers come with a wire harness that plugs into the sound board but the directions tell you to solder the wires instead. I'm not very happy with the back box speakers. They don't sound clear and crisp. The sub works great and when you hit Tri-Ball the game room starts rumbling! I will work on tuning the set-up and let you know if my opinion changes.

#107 10 years ago

New code question. I've noticed that I've not ever lit or hit the victory lap. When does it come on? Could this be because I have the REPLAY/SPECIALS set to be extra balls?

Also... I had a loose wire on my knocker. I've re-soldered it and tested it in the diagnostic and it works. Yet it never goes off even on a match. Again... could this be because the REPLAY/SPECIALS are all set to be extra balls.

#108 10 years ago

Go here for an explanation of Victory Lap (and all else)

http://www.pinballcode.com/instructions/

#109 10 years ago

This deserves its own thread to ridicule but I wasn't sure if it's already been posted so I'll just drop it in here: ebay.com link: Data East Star Wars Custom Pinball Machine Most Beautiful Machine Ever

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from RedNeckHunter:

Hey DMC, glad to give you some more information!

Thanks so much for the info. It's not as daunting as I thought. Great news about the kickback - if mine does that I'd be stoked. I'm sure others here will be interested how you go with the speakers and how the playfield protector goes over time. Keep us posted.

#111 10 years ago

I picked up Craig's DESW last weekend. Beautiful machine and meticulously cared for just like all of his pins. Super nice guy to deal with. Really enjoying having "the force" with me now.
Thanks Craig!

#112 10 years ago

Great to have you here, Pinsounds, and I hope you get years of good use out of the pin. It wasn't easy to let it go (and I will take heat from guests who expect to play it!), but, as you could see from visiting our basement, I have to make room. I probably should sell one or two more, but it's tough. I wouldn't have these pins if I didn't like each and every one of them. I guess there is something to be said for having limited space and being forced to rotate the collection. I understand how people without such constraints can end up with dozens of pins.

One thing I particularly like about this hobby is the fact that so many owners try to improve whatever tables come their way, e.g., through fixing broken switches, replacing cracked plastics, touching up worn paint, etc. I like to buy from people who treat pinball ownership as a kind of stewardship, and I try to think that way about my own pins. Leave them better than you found them, and the hobby might just live on long after we are all gone. Who knows how many others will own and enjoy that SW in the decades to come? (I almost wish each pin had a little plaque that lists all of its former owners. Personally, I'd find that a lot more interesting than knowing it is LE 125 of 1000.)

#113 10 years ago

I'm sure this is the wrong place to post this since this is an owners club but here goes.

I have a friend new to pinball looking for a DE Star Wars in nice condition. Doesn't have to HUO but great shape is preferred. If you are interested in selling or can make an introduction to someone who's looking to sell, I'd appreciate it.

I'm in northern VA, 20165. Prefer something within 3-4 hours drive for pickup but will consider shipping.

Thanks,
Dave

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

New code question. I've noticed that I've not ever lit or hit the victory lap. When does it come on? Could this be because I have the REPLAY/SPECIALS set to be extra balls?
Also... I had a loose wire on my knocker. I've re-soldered it and tested it in the diagnostic and it works. Yet it never goes off even on a match. Again... could this be because the REPLAY/SPECIALS are all set to be extra balls.

It must be something else. Mines also set to extra ball on replays and specials but my knocker works whenever I get a match.

#115 10 years ago

Hello everyone new member here,

Just purchased my first 2 pins, DE Star Wars and Bally Lost World earlier this month. Both were working well minus some lights out and the Star Wars knocker is disassembled....boo. My Star Wars however has been giving me more problems since I changed some bulbs earlier today. Currently Star Wars will boot up fine but will not start game play. The game will flash the star destroyer across the screen but no skill shot tie fighter comes on and the machine wont kick out a ball to play. The display only reads the 00 score. I've tried looking at all the fuses and everything seems to be in order so I'm at a loss. I also tried diagnostics mode, for some reason I am unable to activate some of the test functions, such as some of the coil tests wont fire. I know they worked in game before. Anyone have anything similar happen to them? I appreciate any advice you all can give.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

I'm sure this is the wrong place to post this since this is an owners club but here goes.
I have a friend new to pinball looking for a DE Star Wars in nice condition. Doesn't have to HUO but great shape is preferred. If you are interested in selling or can make an introduction to someone who's looking to sell, I'd appreciate it.
I'm in northern VA, 20165. Prefer something within 3-4 hours drive for pickup but will consider shipping.
Thanks,
Dave

This place is for Fans and anything DE Star Wars, that's why I started it. So post away.

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from Echoratz:

Hello everyone new member here,
Just purchased my first 2 pins, DE Star Wars and Bally Lost World earlier this month. Both were working well minus some lights out and the Star Wars knocker is disassembled....boo. My Star Wars however has been giving me more problems since I changed some bulbs earlier today. Currently Star Wars will boot up fine but will not start game play. The game will flash the star destroyer across the screen but no skill shot tie fighter comes on and the machine wont kick out a ball to play. The display only reads the 00 score. I've tried looking at all the fuses and everything seems to be in order so I'm at a loss. I also tried diagnostics mode, for some reason I am unable to activate some of the test functions, such as some of the coil tests wont fire. I know they worked in game before. Anyone have anything similar happen to them? I appreciate any advice you all can give.

Did you lift the pf to change the bulbs in the inserts?

#118 10 years ago

Couple quick thoughts...Any credit dots? Correct number of balls? Does it go into attract mode? Is it the coil not firing a ball? Looking at fuses not always good...Need to test them. Did you change bulbs with power on?

#119 10 years ago

To mustangpaul above, I did lift the pf to change only the two bulbs where the light sabers meet in the middle ( to red and green of course)

To billsfanmd, attract mode works, there is the correct number of balls and the coil does fire in diagnostic mode. I did not test the fuses, I only did visual...I will do that, was about to order a whole new set of fuses just to be sure. I also did not change the bulbs with power on, altho there is a light to the right of death star that comes on and off on occasion when the target is hit. I'm not sure what you mean by credit dots, sorry.

I appreciate the help

#120 10 years ago

Sounds like a fuse problem. I had something similar happen and it turned out to be a fuse in the back box. The fuse looked great at first glance but turned out to be bad. Nothing more frustrating than fixing burned out lights and then the machine quits working!!! The joy of owning pinball machines. I would also recommend that you check all the wire connectors in the back box and look for any that have a melted black look to them. Upgrade to LED's when it's in the budget and then you won't have to replace burned out lights anymore! There are few things more rewarding than repairing your pin and having it all working right. Good luck!

#121 10 years ago

Anyone have an NOS translite they are willing to sell?

My translite has just a few minor nicks in it, but I am looking for a perfect one. If you have a used one in perfect condition, I could give you my translite plus cash?

Thanks!

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from Echoratz:

To billsfanmd, attract mode works, there is the correct number of balls and the coil does fire in diagnostic mode. I did not test the fuses, I only did visual...I will do that, was about to order a whole new set of fuses just to be sure. I also did not change the bulbs with power on, altho there is a light to the right of death star that comes on and off on occasion when the target is hit. I'm not sure what you mean by credit dots, sorry.

I would reseat every connector in the backbox. Use a multimeter and check for continuity on each fuse (pull one end out) Im a little rusty on Data East but on wpc games there will be a lit dot on lower right side of the dmd and the game will dong three times when you turn on to tell you there is a error somewhere.

#123 10 years ago

Just bought this off ebay. Not sure whats it's original purpose was, but can't go wrong for $50 bucks. It's 22.5''X11.25''X1/4' plexiglass with raised black letters for a 3d effect. Wasn't much of a fan of the original Vader topper anyway. I'll post a few pics once it arrives and I get it put on.

get-attachment.pngget-attachment.png get-attachment1.jpgget-attachment1.jpg
#124 10 years ago

Here's a link if anyone else is interested.

ebay.com link: Star Wars Sign DISPLAY MOVIE 3D

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from Jlanderson85:

ebay.com link » Star Wars Sign Display Movie 3d

Hey thanks for the heads up I just bought one, the total was $53. They only have one left now.

#126 10 years ago

Nice! I just got mine. Thanks for the heads-up!

Now, if someone will just sell me their NOS translite. I know one of you out there has one!

Quoted from Jlanderson85:

ebay.com link » Star Wars Sign Display Movie 3d

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from Oiler2112:

Nice! I just got mine. Thanks for the heads-up!
Now, if someone will just sell me their NOS translite. I know one of you out there has one!

You got one too, good. Does it look like you can light it from behind?

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You got one too, good. Does it look like you can light it from behind?

Guess it depends on the paint thickness. If being lit from behind doesn't work, I guess we could drill holes around the perimeter and install LED's. Like the Elvira topper floating around. Many slot machines use this method too for their topper.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from Oiler2112:

Guess it depends on the paint thickness. If being lit from behind doesn't work, I guess we could drill holes around the perimeter and install LED's. Like the Elvira topper floating around. Many slot machines use this method too for their topper.

These are PAINTED? I thought they were colored plex.

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

These are PAINTED? I thought they were colored plex.

That is possible. Without seeing the back, hard to tell. I guess whichever one of us gets it first can let the rest know.

It is listed again, with 2 more available now.

#131 10 years ago

I supposed we should have asked the seller. It has a saw tooth hanger on the back, most likely glued on so I'm thinking colored plex.

#132 10 years ago

Just joined the club tonight. Bit of a fixer upper but the playfield is perfect. Most of the damage is easily replaceable. Really excited since this was one of the first DMD games I played. Been a fan of pinball ever since.

#133 10 years ago

Nice to see ya here, got lucky with the pf. Don't expect to find many new plastics, there are only a few available. I led'd mine and put 3 double spot lights on it and it REALLY lit it up. I also painted the inside of my Death Star with 2 coats of bright white enamel and big led flashers under it and that lights that up nice too. The cab is screen printed so not much you can do with that. Have you read all the posts here?

#134 10 years ago

Already ordered the replacement plastics that were damaged, new Death Star, LED's, cab touch up paint, rubber and flipper rebuild kit. Bummed that it's hard to find replacement decals but once I put it into the pile it'll be hard to even see the side scuffs.

Need to try out the new code! Only ever played the original.

#135 10 years ago

Sounds like your on your way to making it nice. The cab and bb are not decals the art is screen printed directly onto the wood. I never played the old code either mine came with the new code.

#136 10 years ago

Hope this is ok to post here... I am going to add a Data East in the next few months. I have played both SW and JP...Loved both movie franchises. It seems most of my pin friends have told me JP is the better pin.More shots, variety and great toy. Have played SW several times and thought it was fun to play. Love the ramp and death star. Anyone here had to choose between SW and another DE pin? I think the new code will def help but some say there is still limited stuff to do on SW...Thanks for any thoughts.

#137 10 years ago

Personally I like SW better. Last Action Hero is another really good DE game with lots to shoot.

#138 10 years ago

I own both. Initially SW without doubt but once Chads code releases on JP I think I'm going to prefer that machine.

#139 10 years ago

Hi all, can anyone direct me to the eBay seller who does a lot of the loose (used and not new in box) Micro Machines Titanium Series? There was a link on one of these Star Wars posts a while back but I can't find it. Has anyone else modded their DESW with these toys. Thanks to those of you who have already shared their Micro Machines pics.

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Hi all, can anyone direct me to the eBay seller who does a lot of the loose (used and not new in box) Micro Machines Titanium Series? There was a link on one of these Star Wars posts a while back but I can't find it. Has anyone else modded their DESW with these toys. Thanks to those of you who have already shared their Micro Machines pics.

I was actually looking for this too. I don't want to go crazy with it but I wouldn't mind putting a few micro machines, tastefully in my machine.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from Oiler2112:

That is possible. Without seeing the back, hard to tell. I guess whichever one of us gets it first can let the rest know.
It is listed again, with 2 more available now.

Just received mine. It is black plexi letters on top of a yellow plexi background. So, lighting it up from the back should be possible. It does look very nice and will make a great topper.

#142 10 years ago

My sign came today, very nice, great quality. Pic #1, masking off the black WARS letters still on the black STAR. Pic #2 shows how it looks back lit with the masking on the back taken off. Hanger on back is glued on.

SW Sign 1.JPGSW Sign 1.JPG SW Sign 2.JPGSW Sign 2.JPG
#143 10 years ago

For those of you needing a decal set, marco has them in stock:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/820-6090-00
Untitled-2 copy.jpgUntitled-2 copy.jpg

#144 10 years ago

Anyone know of a good place to get a NOS Death Star or even used? Mines cracked at the top and finding a repro that doesn't look like a grey plastic turd seems to be a challenge.

#145 10 years ago

Just bought a player condition SW and have started to bring it back to glory. Great game, not the deepest but I grew up with these films and love this pin.

DSC00610.JPGDSC00610.JPG DSC00611.JPGDSC00611.JPG DSC00617.JPGDSC00617.JPG DSC00619.JPGDSC00619.JPG DSC00620.JPGDSC00620.JPG DSC00623.JPGDSC00623.JPG DSC00624.JPGDSC00624.JPG DSC00625.JPGDSC00625.JPG DSC00626.JPGDSC00626.JPG
#146 10 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Anyone know of a good place to get a NOS Death Star or even used? Mines cracked at the top and finding a repro that doesn't look like a grey plastic turd seems to be a challenge.

All ya have to do is use model glue and glue it from the inside. It melts the plastic and will be stronger then the rest of the piece. Then white enamel paint (2 coats) the inside to reflect all the light from the lights that are under it. Works great. Bad lighting so it looks a little yellow but it is nice bright white.

DStarPainted.JPGDStarPainted.JPG

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Just bought a player condition SW and have started to bring it back to glory. Great game, not the deepest but I grew up with these films and love this pin.

DSC00610.JPG 281 KB

DSC00617.JPG 310 KB

DSC00611.JPG 260 KB

DSC00619.JPG 275 KB

DSC00620.JPG 359 KB

DSC00623.JPG 304 KB

DSC00624.JPG 202 KB

DSC00626.JPG 237 KB

DSC00625.JPG 249 KB

Looks great all cleaned up. Did you put leds in it? I put 3 Pinballbulbs double spot light on mine and it really light up the middle of the pf. and leading up to the Death Star. I can play it in a dark room no problem.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

All ya have to do is use model glue and glue it from the inside. It melts the plastic and will be stronger then the rest of the piece. Then white enamel paint (2 coats) the inside to reflect all the light from the lights that are under it. Works great. Bad lighting so it looks a little yellow but it is nice bright white.

DStarPainted.JPG 155 KB

I actually have a big hole where the top should be. The only thing holding it onto the rotator is an ugly piece of tape with a hole punched through it.

#149 10 years ago

I'm looking to join this club......anyone near Michigan got one for sale?

#150 10 years ago

It's gonna be a tough one to find. But you could always buy one of those overpriced ones on ebay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
There are 4,744 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-wars-clubmembers-fans-welcome/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.