• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2e92bd9c93f90d3851753c5683fd81a48955babd (resized).jpg
DIP_DE (resized).jpg
20161122_213122 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago

How did you check voltages at the boards? Make sure you are using ground on the boards to rule out faulty ground wire. Did the new boards come with all new ICs including new ROMs, or did you transfer ROM software from the old boards? If the boards are indeed new and working the first thing I would suspect is wiring. Start by isolating the MPU, no display boards, sound boards etc plugged in to make sure nothing else is dragging things down.

We can only *assume* the new boards actually work unless they can be tested in a working game...just something to keep in mind.

#12 6 years ago

Dip switch set properly?

DIP_DE (resized).jpgDIP_DE (resized).jpg

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from GKW:

the MPU did not boot and all I got was a solid red LED on the +5V and the PIA. The blank did not blink.

If the PIA started solid and stayed solid...I'm thinking your ROM is a problem.

http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/desega/index2.htm
PIA LED turns ON (and stays on), blanking LED never turns on: EPROM at location 5C and/or 5B is bad.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from GKW:

I am still waiting on the ROMs for the CPU, but I keep thinking about the incredibly high readings on the test points of the PPB. Any ideas?

I'd start by checking the incoming AC to the PPB before the bridge rectifier, see where that is sitting at. This is a PPB-1 correct? I just don't see test points on it. The 50VDC is rectified on board, so you'd want to see the AC coming in to that at J4 pins 3 to 4. A valid test point for the DC would be out of the bridge at the positive side of C1. The +32VDC is not rectified at the PPB, but comes in to the PPB from the power supply CN3 pin 5.

2e92bd9c93f90d3851753c5683fd81a48955babd (resized).jpg2e92bd9c93f90d3851753c5683fd81a48955babd (resized).jpg

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from GKW:

This is a Rotten dog PPB.

Ah, yes. Forgot about that. Rottendog doesn't appear to have the schematics for PPB001 on their website.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
PinSound

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-trek-wont-boot-up-with-new-boards?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.