Topic Stats

• 514 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by jimgravina
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 54 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

14BEA662-93E0-4F27-A196-FFC501344C0D (resized).jpeg
72830EAE-6AC1-4C18-9233-E105D0DB486A (resized).jpeg
014337EE-420C-4448-8B33-959749FB3C80 (resized).jpeg
20190921_110322 (resized).jpg
20190921_110226 (resized).jpg
20190921_110738 (resized).jpg
20DF2860-BF50-4FB9-968E-6EC7C6CA306F (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parkway.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#339 2 years ago

Just picked up a Robocop recently and am having the constant hum/buzz out of the speakers. It's not a sound that follows light matrix activity, but just a constant buzz. Read through this thread in its entirety and tried some of the things suggested. One interesting thing on my machine is when I float the sound board, instead of fixing the hum or making it better, it makes it a lot worse! In fact, floating any of the boards hurts instead of helps. Is this pointing to anything in particular being that I'm getting the opposite effect than most others? All the boards are screwed down tight with screws in all mounting holes.

#341 2 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Have you tried a separate power supply as suggested in this thread. When connecting this new power supply the ground does not get connected to the new power supply only the hot and the neutral which removes the 60 cycle hum with new clean power.

Was kind of hoping to not have to, but I guess I'm going to go that direction. Did you get the XP Power brand? That's the one someone pointed out in the thread earlier from eBay.

#342 2 years ago

Nevermind. Saw your picture and can just make out the Xp Power label. Ordered and will report back when installed. Thanks.

1 week later
#344 2 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Yes and I have 2 data east machines with that power brick and both are now dead quiet!

Aux supply worked. Thanks very much. Still have the hum that follows the "light show", but I'm used to that and it doesn't bother me. The important thing is it solved the annoying constant hum/buzz and that's what counts. Sounds and music sound that much better and clearer as well. Thanks again.

#347 2 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I think he's talking about the atract mode controlled lamps. As the lamps all light up, the current draw causes digital noise superimposed on the quieter idling audio circuit. It seems to be a notorious problem with DE audio design.

Yup. That's what I was referring to. I actually kind of like the buzz that follows the attract mode. Been a part of every system 11 game I've ever owned.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parkway.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside