IMG_5804 (resized).jpeg
94AE701C-5518-43C4-B52F-8FC03767E098 (resized).jpeg
D56D8EA3-8EBB-449F-BA0A-BC3FD0272195 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230115_032422706 (resized).jpg
60E92D30-2687-480A-8242-068D65E0BECF (resized).jpeg
AC7026D1-8CF7-437D-9EA8-3AF740FF4B35 (resized).jpeg
5FCF262D-EAD5-4053-936A-F209742EF41B (resized).jpeg
AD2D171F-D9C6-4FF5-9B1B-D7974CEECC7A (resized).jpeg
There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.
#951 87 days ago
Quoted from ChanceKJ:

www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/HB-001.1
www.WhiteNorthRetro.ca[quoted image]

I just noticed different version of this at pinball life. Looks like Anarchy PCB has one out now:

https://www.pinballlife.com/de-hum-eliminator.html

Is this a clone of the one from White North Retro? This one looks identical except for the orientation of the regulator IC. Or is this the replacement for the White North Retro? This looks like a direct clone/copy.

#952 87 days ago
Quoted from joostproost:

Hey Hey People, I Hope I bought the right one. Looks a bit different. it has the 5VDC, 12VDC, -12VDC outputs and its 40W. But it seems to state 6A, 2A and "Adjustable, Fixed" Is this correct? Or is that too high? (I don't want to blow stuff up, you know
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

No worries, you won't blow up anything based on current. Those are max output ratings, the board will only draw what it needs which is much less current than those ratings.

#953 87 days ago
Quoted from wayout440:

No worries, you won't blow up anything based on current. Those are max output ratings, the board will only draw what it needs which is much less current than those ratings.

Thx Man!!

#954 87 days ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I just noticed different version of this at pinball life. Looks like Anarchy PCB has one out now:
https://www.pinballlife.com/de-hum-eliminator.html
Is this a clone of the one from White North Retro? This one looks identical except for the orientation of the regulator IC. Or is this the replacement for the White North Retro? This looks like a direct clone/copy.

I'm not really sure what I should or shouldn't say lest I get ripped apart by the PL dedicated crowd. But to hell wth it, here's a whole timeline...

==========
TL/DR: We've been told by other members of the community that the Anarchy one is Terry and Scott's version of our board. It's been directly copied. Not authorized by us in any way. Colours, design, layout, everything.

We only discovered it because we had a person reach out to us with faulty board that we couldn't find in our system (we've sold a few thousand of these now, so its hard to keep track of everyones name ). They didn't show up in any of our sales info, so when they sent us a picture of the board we immediately knew.

Long story short, We didn't have any exclusivity agreements with Pinball Life that we wouldn't sell our board anywhere else. Period.
==========

Ok, now the LONG version:

Anyone who's followed this whole thread over the last couple of years has seen the progression of our board. In early 2021 I reached out to gdonovan to buy one of his boost/buck versions for my Rocky & Bullwinkle. Gary informed me that he probably wasn't going to make any more, at least not any time soon, I mentioned that if that was the case I wanted to make some myself and possibly go about making a Canadian Arcade video on how people could make them. He didn't mind anyone else doing them but he wasn't interesting in participating.

I spent some more time researching this thread and realized that this could be a really cool project so I reached out to my buddy Jeff (who's WAY more knowledgeable at PCB design than I am). We had been playing with a few ideas of simple electronics we wanted to see in the Pinball and Arcade hobby and a dedicated device to help with this problem seemed like a good way to get our feet wet and fund some larger ideas we had in mind.

After a few prototypes, countless hours, and multiple revisions, I reached out to my contacts at Marcos to see if they were interested in it. We decided to bring the board to them first because my day job was batshit crazy and personally didn't have the time to spin up the ecomm and logistics ourselves, (even though that's what I did professionally at one point before). However after a couple sessions of talks we just couldn't come to a price we wanted to keep it at to be low enough for people outside of the US to justify the expense, (we've always been pretty solid on the "Keep it under $40 USD" idea). We're Canadian, and $40+ USD with shipping and duties turns into $80 Canadian REALLY fast. I couldn't imagine what it would be for people outside of North America. Plus it's a simple board, it shouldn't be stupid expensive. I Honestly get it, Marco wasn't the bad guy here, they have to make money too to keep the lights on, we just couldn't agree on numbers.

Anyways, after we couldn't come to terms with Marco we amicably parted ways. Later that day I sourced some contact information for Terry at Pinball Life and sent him an email. Terry emailed me back right away and we jumped on a call together. We talked for about an hour about the product and he wanted to make sure he wasn't stepping on Marco's toes. I explained the situation and under his suggestion we both agreed that we would be allowed to sell to other people at any time. Terry ordered the first 50 and a short time later the first batch was delivered to PL. They went live and sold out in under 24 hours.

Not long after that we also shipped large orders to places in Vancouver, Europe, and Australia. We probably put a good 600 of them out in the wild. Then the chip shortage happened and we ran dry. Terry and Scott offered to help us source the lone IC on the board, but when they couldn't find them we sat for a few months waiting for more to be available at a reputable supplier. Jeff and I always wanted quality parts that came from suppliers that we could verify. We didn't want cheep knockoffs that would fail when you plugged them in, (yeah, that happens at the component level too...) We spent extra money on the good stuff. Prices for parts started to go up, we kept our wholesale costs for vendors like PL the same and personally ate the difference when the BOM skyrocketed. Our goal was to keep the price down.

The boards became popular, and by this point we had gotten noticed by some of the higher ups at Marco. Much like the other resellers in other countries did we were now being approached by them to buy some boards. Not realizing the history, we filled them in, they asked if there were any exclusivity deals, we assured them there weren't and with new chips FINALY on order we sold them a small batch of 50. Just to test the waters, but again with no guarantee we'd sell them more or make anything exclusive.

A week later when we announced in this thread and on social media that the boards were going to be on sale again from both PL, Marco, and our own site (that I finally had time to set up), I got a very nasty phone call from Terry. He spent the next 30 minutes talking down to me and was angry that Marco had them for sale. I explained to him that we had all agreed that there was no exclusivity, Marco had bought a small batch, and we had no guarantees to continue to do business with them after that. At the end of the call Terry had agreed to make another larger order from us. Again, we had no exclusive deals with PL. Nothing on contract, no verbal agreements, nothing.

Those boards sold out in less and 48 hours. Very shortly after a new board showed up on Terry's site, The Rottendog one. Almost double the price of ours, but we knew right away that it was a fraction of the cost to make. They were using the off the shelf boost/buck converters soldered to a simple custom PCB with a couple status LEDs. We also knew right away that it wouldn't fit most of the older Data East sound boards as the early revisions of the DE board had components that stuck out and wouldn't allow the user to plug it in, (hence why our board was shaped like an upside down letter "T") So now Terry had an inferior, competing product on his site, but at double the price of our custom one? Personally I felt It was kinda an insult to the consumer at that point. In my eyes It was a blatant money grab and a bit of a slap to the face that he would chew me out over the phone, yet had this other one waiting in the wings to sell.

Jeff and I kinda joked about making a copy of the Rottendog board, that we should post it for sale on our own site. A copy of a copy. We figured we would make 10 of them (a minimum run for the PCB company we were dealing with), solder an Aliexpress boost buck to them (we bought 10 from Amazon for $3.50 Canadian each). All in all our BOM would have been $11 Canadian. We were going to list them for the same crazy $70 USD price as PL had listed, and in the product description we were going to absolutely insist you NOT to buy them from us. We would point you to how good our original board was, that although it didn't have LEDs, it was compatible with your game and insist you spend half the price on our original, rather than our copy of the copy. We didn't end up doing any of that. We decided that the passive aggressive thing honestly just wasn't us, and ignored it. Our board was still selling well. We got over it.

By this point Jeff and I decided to stop selling to PL based on a few factors: A. The call where Terry had chewed me out. B. The fact that we had spun up our own site. C. Marco/the other worldwide vendors were much more easier to deal with, and D. The fact that PL had the Rottendog board now.

...Actually huge shout out to Marco here, they've been incredibly supportive.

Not long after we received an alert that a very large shipment of the ICs we use on our board was available. Connectors too, now that I think about it one of the delays for inventory was a global shortage of one of the connectors. Regardless, Jeff and I jumped at the opportunity and made a MASSIVE run. We wanted enough of them to be able to hold people over for a few months rather than a few days that they were taking to sell out. This way we could focus on finishing up the development of our next product. We held some inventory for ourselves, handed out a couple to some locals, and Marco took a large chunk.

Thats when we discovered the Anarchy board.

Now, I know how long it takes to produce boards in China. I know the work that goes into designing even simple electronics like this. And I've been told that Terry and Scott have done this before to others. What really sucks is that Jeff and I are not a big massive company. We've been pushing from Day One to keep the price low, the product quality high, and the implementation simple. If you've bought one of our boards you might be able to tell that we took time to make a good looking product. When I first decided to make something myself for my newly acquired Rocky&Bullwinkle I wanted something easy to use. I wanted something that was purpose built, a clean install. I Realized after talking to Gary that I didn't want it to have possibly janky knock off chips on a $3.50 mass produced part that was designed to adjust a range of voltages in a DIY circuit. One that could fail or had a ton of extra useless circuitry. I didn't want a potentiometer to adjust voltages that could drift, It has one job: clean up the 12v line going into my sound board. Along the way Jeff and I made something were proud of, we had hand tested and hand packaged thousands of them, (all of them actually have been installed and tested in one or both of my R&B&F, and Jeffs Secret Agent). We hand soldered hundreds of connectors, scrubbed boards for hours to get the residue flux off. Our wives helped us meticulously package each one with the sticker at just the right place on the bags, the cards at just the right angle to fit. If you were buying something from me I wanted to be proud of it. If I was taking your money I wanted you to get something well presented and of good value. We were very open and honest that it might not work for everyone, but we wanted to provide the opportunity to everyone who was interested. On top of it all, Pinball gets expensive and we wanted to provide it all at a fair price.

And that hard work shows: In the interest of full disclosure we've now made and sold almost 2000 of these boards worldwide. As mentioned we've hand tested every one in our own games. We've had exactly 2 fail. Of the rest that we know of we've had 4 instances of user error where they were plugged in wrong (since then we've revised the board by properly keying the connectors to make that virtually impossible). We've had about 15 cases where we've been contacted by buyers saying that it didn't work for them at all (most of these were later attributed to other factors in their games: Bad PSU, old caps on the sound board, etc.), and a couple people's expectations just didn't meet reality (which is total fair). We're always open to them and make suggestions for fixes, up to and including buying a PinSound board. Because to us, it's really not about the money, we want you to be less annoyed with your games and get back to the point: These are just pinball machines, they're supposed to be FUN.

At the end of the day to be clear, I don't want drama (but I know it's coming...), I'm not speaking on behalf of Jeff or anyone else. This has all definitely been on my mind the last couple weeks, especially when we found out that we're not the first people Anarchy/PL has done this to. I just personally know better now not to deal with PL ever again.

On a personal note I can't lie to you and say the little extra money here and there from the boards hasn't been helping keeping me afloat over the last year with the Film industry shut down due to the strikes. Like myself there are a lot of people in my line of work that are still waiting for film and television productions to ramp up again. In fact, aside from a few bucks Jeff and I each pocketed, every other penny we've made that wasn't used for parts, stickers, instruction cards, soldering supplies, better packaging, the occasional upgraded shipping to surprise and delight, brokerage fees from china, failed prototype run costs, ecomm fees, trips to the post office to hand deliver your orders to a human (rather then dumping them in an outgoing mailbox) has gone back into development of our next project. We knew the boards would get ripped off. We knew if you have a decently successful product that it was only a matter of time before a Chinese factory started making bootlegs. But the last thing we expected was Terry and Scott.

#955 87 days ago
Quoted from ChanceKJ:

I'm not really sure what I should or shouldn't say lest I get ripped apart by the PL dedicated crowd. But to hell wth it, here's a whole timeline...
==========
TL/DR: We've been told by other members of the community that the Anarchy one is Terry and Scott's version of our board. It's been directly copied. Not authorized by us in any way. Colours, design, layout, everything.
We only discovered it because we had a person reach out to us with faulty board that we couldn't find in our system (we've sold a few thousand of these now, so its hard to keep track of everyones name ). They didn't show up in any of our sales info, so when they sent us a picture of the board we immediately knew.
Long story short, We didn't have any exclusivity agreements with Pinball Life that we wouldn't sell our board anywhere else. Period.
==========
Ok, now the LONG version:
Anyone who's followed this whole thread over the last couple of years has seen the progression of our board. In early 2021 I reached out to gdonovan to buy one of his boost/buck versions for my Rocky & Bullwinkle. Gary informed me that he probably wasn't going to make any more, at least not any time soon, I mentioned that if that was the case I wanted to make some myself and possibly go about making a Canadian Arcade video on how people could make them. He didn't mind anyone else doing them but he wasn't interesting in participating.
I spent some more time researching this thread and realized that this could be a really cool project so I reached out to my buddy Jeff (who's WAY more knowledgeable at PCB design than I am). We had been playing with a few ideas of simple electronics we wanted to see in the Pinball and Arcade hobby and a dedicated device to help with this problem seemed like a good way to get our feet wet and fund some larger ideas we had in mind.
After a few prototypes, countless hours, and multiple revisions, I reached out to my contacts at Marcos to see if they were interested in it. We decided to bring the board to them first because my day job was batshit crazy and personally didn't have the time to spin up the ecomm and logistics ourselves, (even though that's what I did professionally at one point before). However after a couple sessions of talks we just couldn't come to a price we wanted to keep it at to be low enough for people outside of the US to justify the expense, (we've always been pretty solid on the "Keep it under $40 USD" idea). We're Canadian, and $40+ USD with shipping and duties turns into $80 Canadian REALLY fast. I couldn't imagine what it would be for people outside of North America. Plus it's a simple board, it shouldn't be stupid expensive. I Honestly get it, Marco wasn't the bad guy here, they have to make money too to keep the lights on, we just couldn't agree on numbers.
Anyways, after we couldn't come to terms with Marco we amicably parted ways. Later that day I sourced some contact information for Terry at Pinball Life and sent him an email. Terry emailed me back right away and we jumped on a call together. We talked for about an hour about the product and he wanted to make sure he wasn't stepping on Marco's toes. I explained the situation and under his suggestion we both agreed that we would be allowed to sell to other people at any time. Terry ordered the first 50 and a short time later the first batch was delivered to PL. They went live and sold out in under 24 hours.
Not long after that we also shipped large orders to places in Vancouver, Europe, and Australia. We probably put a good 600 of them out in the wild. Then the chip shortage happened and we ran dry. Terry and Scott offered to help us source the lone IC on the board, but when they couldn't find them we sat for a few months waiting for more to be available at a reputable supplier. Jeff and I always wanted quality parts that came from suppliers that we could verify. We didn't want cheep knockoffs that would fail when you plugged them in, (yeah, that happens at the component level too...) We spent extra money on the good stuff. Prices for parts started to go up, we kept our wholesale costs for vendors like PL the same and personally ate the difference when the BOM skyrocketed. Our goal was to keep the price down.
The boards became popular, and by this point we had gotten noticed by some of the higher ups at Marco. Much like the other resellers in other countries did we were now being approached by them to buy some boards. Not realizing the history, we filled them in, they asked if there were any exclusivity deals, we assured them there weren't and with new chips FINALY on order we sold them a small batch of 50. Just to test the waters, but again with no guarantee we'd sell them more or make anything exclusive.
A week later when we announced in this thread and on social media that the boards were going to be on sale again from both PL, Marco, and our own site (that I finally had time to set up), I got a very nasty phone call from Terry. He spent the next 30 minutes talking down to me and was angry that Marco had them for sale. I explained to him that we had all agreed that there was no exclusivity, Marco had bought a small batch, and we had no guarantees to continue to do business with them after that. At the end of the call Terry had agreed to make another larger order from us. Again, we had no exclusive deals with PL. Nothing on contract, no verbal agreements, nothing.
Those boards sold out in less and 48 hours. Very shortly after a new board showed up on Terry's site, The Rottendog one. Almost double the price of ours, but we knew right away that it was a fraction of the cost to make. They were using the off the shelf boost/buck converters soldered to a simple custom PCB with a couple status LEDs. We also knew right away that it wouldn't fit most of the older Data East sound boards as the early revisions of the DE board had components that stuck out and wouldn't allow the user to plug it in, (hence why our board was shaped like an upside down letter "T") So now Terry had an inferior, competing product on his site, but at double the price of our custom one? Personally I felt It was kinda an insult to the consumer at that point. In my eyes It was a blatant money grab and a bit of a slap to the face that he would chew me out over the phone, yet had this other one waiting in the wings to sell.
Jeff and I kinda joked about making a copy of the Rottendog board, that we should post it for sale on our own site. A copy of a copy. We figured we would make 10 of them (a minimum run for the PCB company we were dealing with), solder an Aliexpress boost buck to them (we bought 10 from Amazon for $3.50 Canadian each). All in all our BOM would have been $11 Canadian. We were going to list them for the same crazy $70 USD price as PL had listed, and in the product description we were going to absolutely insist you NOT to buy them from us. We would point you to how good our original board was, that although it didn't have LEDs, it was compatible with your game and insist you spend half the price on our original, rather than our copy of the copy. We didn't end up doing any of that. We decided that the passive aggressive thing honestly just wasn't us, and ignored it. Our board was still selling well. We got over it.
By this point Jeff and I decided to stop selling to PL based on a few factors: A. The call where Terry had chewed me out. B. The fact that we had spun up our own site. C. Marco/the other worldwide vendors were much more easier to deal with, and D. The fact that PL had the Rottendog board now.
...Actually huge shout out to Marco here, they've been incredibly supportive.
Not long after we received an alert that a very large shipment of the ICs we use on our board was available. Connectors too, now that I think about it one of the delays for inventory was a global shortage of one of the connectors. Regardless, Jeff and I jumped at the opportunity and made a MASSIVE run. We wanted enough of them to be able to hold people over for a few months rather than a few days that they were taking to sell out. This way we could focus on finishing up the development of our next product. We held some inventory for ourselves, handed out a couple to some locals, and Marco took a large chunk.
Thats when we discovered the Anarchy board.
Now, I know how long it takes to produce boards in China. I know the work that goes into designing even simple electronics like this. And I've been told that Terry and Scott have done this before to others. What really sucks is that Jeff and I are not a big massive company. We've been pushing from Day One to keep the price low, the product quality high, and the implementation simple. If you've bought one of our boards you might be able to tell that we took time to make a good looking product. When I first decided to make something myself for my newly acquired Rocky&Bullwinkle I wanted something easy to use. I wanted something that was purpose built, a clean install. I Realized after talking to Gary that I didn't want it to have possibly janky knock off chips on a $3.50 mass produced part that was designed to adjust a range of voltages in a DIY circuit. One that could fail or had a ton of extra useless circuitry. I didn't want a potentiometer to adjust voltages that could drift, It has one job: clean up the 12v line going into my sound board. Along the way Jeff and I made something were proud of, we had hand tested and hand packaged thousands of them, (all of them actually have been installed and tested in one or both of my R&B&F, and Jeffs Secret Agent). We hand soldered hundreds of connectors, scrubbed boards for hours to get the residue flux off. Our wives helped us meticulously package each one with the sticker at just the right place on the bags, the cards at just the right angle to fit. If you were buying something from me I wanted to be proud of it. If I was taking your money I wanted you to get something well presented and of good value. We were very open and honest that it might not work for everyone, but we wanted to provide the opportunity to everyone who was interested. On top of it all, Pinball gets expensive and we wanted to provide it all at a fair price.
And that hard work shows: In the interest of full disclosure we've now made and sold almost 2000 of these boards worldwide. As mentioned we've hand tested every one in our own games. We've had exactly 2 fail. Of the rest that we know of we've had 4 instances of user error where they were plugged in wrong (since then we've revised the board by properly keying the connectors to make that virtually impossible). We've had about 15 cases where we've been contacted by buyers saying that it didn't work for them at all (most of these were later attributed to other factors in their games: Bad PSU, old caps on the sound board, etc.), and a couple people's expectations just didn't meet reality (which is total fair). We're always open to them and make suggestions for fixes, up to and including buying a PinSound board. Because to us, it's really not about the money, we want you to be less annoyed with your games and get back to the point: These are just pinball machines, they're supposed to be FUN.
At the end of the day to be clear, I don't want drama (but I know it's coming...), I'm not speaking on behalf of Jeff or anyone else. This has all definitely been on my mind the last couple weeks, especially when we found out that we're not the first people Anarchy/PL has done this to. I just personally know better now not to deal with PL ever again.
On a personal note I can't lie to you and say the little extra money here and there from the boards hasn't been helping keeping me afloat over the last year with the Film industry shut down due to the strikes. Like myself there are a lot of people in my line of work that are still waiting for film and television productions to ramp up again. In fact, aside from a few bucks Jeff and I each pocketed, every other penny we've made that wasn't used for parts, stickers, instruction cards, soldering supplies, better packaging, the occasional upgraded shipping to surprise and delight, brokerage fees from china, failed prototype run costs, ecomm fees, trips to the post office to hand deliver your orders to a human (rather then dumping them in an outgoing mailbox) has gone back into development of our next project. We knew the boards would get ripped off. We knew if you have a decently successful product that it was only a matter of time before a Chinese factory started making bootlegs. But the last thing we expected was Terry and Scott.

I purchased one of these from PL a year ago and it didn’t work for my TFTC. I contacted you and you said it was probably not going to work with my setup. Since then I have recapped all the boards, tried and external power supply in conjunction with and without the WNR and still get awful feedback. Is there anything else I could do before I go for a PinSound? Thanks!

#956 86 days ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:

I purchased one of these from PL a year ago and it didn’t work for my TFTC. I contacted you and you said it was probably not going to work with my setup. Since then I have recapped all the boards, tried and external power supply in conjunction with and without the WNR and still get awful feedback. Is there anything else I could do before I go for a PinSound? Thanks!

I'm curious, an external power supply will, in EVERY case, eliminate power rail generated noise. An isolated power supply does what any filter cannot do.

What you described, briefly, is something not power related. It may require different means to address. Can you provide the group with more information and/or specifics that we can analyze?

#957 85 days ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I'm curious, an external power supply will, in EVERY case, eliminate power rail generated noise. An isolated power supply does what any filter cannot do.
What you described, briefly, is something not power related. It may require different means to address. Can you provide the group with more information and/or specifics that we can analyze?

So far….
New caps on every board
External power supply was connected and plugged into a main outlet instead of the service outlet in the pin. I would get DMD resets and still humming.
All voltages seem to be normal
Speakers are stock
Buzzing intensified when I put in LEDOCD, EnerGI and Pin2dmd.
Speaker crackles when I adjust volume.

Anything I should be looking for?

#958 84 days ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:So far….
New caps on every board
External power supply was connected and plugged into a main outlet instead of the service outlet in the pin. I would get DMD resets and still humming.
All voltages seem to be normal
Speakers are stock
Buzzing intensified when I put in LEDOCD, EnerGI and Pin2dmd.
Speaker crackles when I adjust volume.
Anything I should be looking for?

My first thoughts are the DMD resets are not going to have anything to do with the external supply and sound board. The external supply and cap replacements serve to provide clean and isolated power to the sound amplifier circuits.

The DMD resets in Data East are usually due to poor connections or insufficient capacity of current delivery to the DMD. There is a service bulletin, number 106, to alleviate this problem in large DMD games, like Maverick, which I had. Unfortunately TFTC is not one of the games addressed by this bulletin. Still, might be something to extract some info on https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xe7j_90KLAkGQMi9p072mGS_uJ_IMHCv/view?usp=drivesdk

The crackling when adjusting volume is nearly 100% going to be a bad adjustment pot. I would replace the 10k log volume control (part 123-5000-02)

#959 84 days ago
Quoted from ChanceKJ:

www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/HB-001.1
www.WhiteNorthRetro.ca[quoted image]

Just picked up a JP and the boards are all original. Will do a required maintenance soon.

The 60Hz hum was quite bad as you would expect. Received this board yesterday and while it did not eliminate all hum, it has been drastically reduced. And a breeze to install.

One thing that does occur is a weird sound glitch at start up.

I’m quite happy with the product.

2 months later
#960 9 days ago

Hey Y'all, Ive bought the AC/DC 12v/5v converter to get rid of the Buzz. Skrewed it in and tested it. Buzz Gone! Worked fantastic. Thx for the post in this trhread. I was only wondering where to connect the convertor to? Which power source can I draw power from? it needs 230V I guess?

1. The powesource in front of the cab?
2. Transformer in the middle of the cab?
3. Somewhere else?

Thx Guys!

20240403_175840 (1) (resized).jpg20240403_175840 (1) (resized).jpg20240403_175843 (1) (resized).jpg20240403_175843 (1) (resized).jpg20240403_175847 (1) (resized).jpg20240403_175847 (1) (resized).jpg

20240403_213457 (1) (resized).jpg20240403_213457 (1) (resized).jpg
#961 8 days ago

The 230V cable from the AC/DC converter should be connected to the pinball power switch that is located in the metal box, front right. As you want to have the power available when you will power on the pin.

But if you are asking you should request professional help as if you connect it wrong it can became dangerous, high voltage!

Best
Tom

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
1,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miller Place, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,589 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-speaker-noise-ideas-for-a-cure/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.