60E92D30-2687-480A-8242-068D65E0BECF (resized).jpeg
AC7026D1-8CF7-437D-9EA8-3AF740FF4B35 (resized).jpeg
5FCF262D-EAD5-4053-936A-F209742EF41B (resized).jpeg
AD2D171F-D9C6-4FF5-9B1B-D7974CEECC7A (resized).jpeg
2DD8D883-B38B-406D-ABFB-5F6BA89E6CD4 (resized).jpeg
47582B3D-5844-420F-971D-6463EFA0EB2A (resized).jpeg
C42D011F-3AAB-4599-9E98-F0D72C104F38 (resized).JPG
FE181DF3-75C7-436F-BF2A-F5CCB5B2FBC6 (resized).jpeg

There are 959 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 20.
#751 2 years ago
Quoted from ChanceKJ:

Yep! We’ve worked out a deal with the vendor and they don’t mind if I sell direct after the first batch is on the way. Other vendors will buy from them too if they want, so you may end up seeing them at other places as well.

Hi there, so glad I found this thread. Will your device work on my old TMNT data east machine to reduce him?
Will you post a link on where to buy these devices or just message you? Thank you so much!

#752 2 years ago

Quick update: First batch is almost done, we ran out of coils, but those usually ship in 24h so we’ll be able to finish the first batch hopefully by end of the week. These need to be cleaned and packaged then they’ll be ready to ship to the vendor. We’ll announce a date/time and all that then drop a link for them as soon as the vendor is ready to sell.

I figured you guys might want to see a bunch of them mid production ☺️

Again, thanks for being patient.

575020A2-55B1-4E0F-9A0F-A0C02304B2D6 (resized).jpeg575020A2-55B1-4E0F-9A0F-A0C02304B2D6 (resized).jpeg
#753 2 years ago
73DBE238-340B-4213-8C03-E9D42D07C17A (resized).jpeg73DBE238-340B-4213-8C03-E9D42D07C17A (resized).jpeg
#755 2 years ago

Good evening, will your device work on my old Rocky and bullwinkle data east machine to reduce him?
Will you post a link on where to buy these devices or just message you? Thank you so much!

#756 2 years ago
Quoted from ChanceKJ:\These need to be cleaned and packaged then they’ll be ready to ship to the vendor. We’ll announce a date/time and all that then drop a link for them as soon as the vendor is ready to sell.
[quoted image]

#757 2 years ago
Quoted from Alfonzo:

Good evening, will your device work on my old Rocky and bullwinkle data east machine to reduce him?

Yep, in fact we’ve been using my R&B to test them all.

I’ll be posting a link here soon for you to buy them. Keep an eye here.

1 week later
#758 2 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

I had a LAH that I put a pinsound in. Sound was excellent at that point. No more buzz.

Pinsound eliminated the buzz in both LAH and Hook

#759 2 years ago

Would this work on a sega terminator 3 ?

Quoted from ChanceKJ:

[quoted image]

#760 2 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

No, it doesn't!

First off, Terminator 3 was from Stern. Second, the game runs on the Whitestar board, which has the audio chips built into the MPU. This mod is for Data East sound cards.

FWIW, only the first 4 tables from Sega (Maverick, Frankenstein, Baywatch, Batman Returns) ran on the Data East hardware before switching over to Whitestar.

#761 2 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

The hum on Whitestar boards is probably due to the resistor values at R110 and R106. There's info on it at PinWiki:

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sega/Stern_White_Star_Repair#Loud_Hum_and.2For_Distortion_at_Low_Sound_Levels

I changed the resistors on my TSPP probably about 10 years ago. Made a noticeable difference.

#762 2 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

The hum on Whitestar boards is probably due to the resistor values at R110 and R106. There's info on it at PinWiki:
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sega/Stern_White_Star_Repair#Loud_Hum_and.2For_Distortion_at_Low_Sound_Levels
I changed the resistors on my TSPP probably about 10 years ago. Made a noticeable difference.

Thanks for the info, I read up on that while googling, think I’ll give the resistor fix a try.

#763 2 years ago

Soon.

1CCEDC32-E237-4000-8D18-4C4DC6E1D314 (resized).jpeg1CCEDC32-E237-4000-8D18-4C4DC6E1D314 (resized).jpeg
#764 2 years ago

And what is the address they are shipping to so I know where to order from?

#765 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

And what is the address they are shipping to so I know where to order from?

...I see what you did there.

#766 2 years ago
Quoted from ChanceKJ:

Yep, in fact we’ve been using my R&B to test them all.
I’ll be posting a link here soon for you to buy them. Keep an eye here.

Great stuff. Hoping you will have a UK or EU distributor

#767 2 years ago

I am definitely in for one of these devices! Just the other day I tried using nylon screws, pulling boards and floating them, and messing with the speakers and grounds, and I could not get rid of any speaker buzz.

#768 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Great stuff. Hoping you will have a UK or EU distributor

The vendor we’re dealing with ships internally and will also be wholesaling to any other business so they could find their way to a UK/EU vendor.

Quoted from ROMM:

I am definitely in for one of these devices! Just the other day I tried using nylon screws, pulling boards and floating them, and messing with the speakers and grounds, and I could not get rid of any speaker buzz.

Honestly I tried that first as well. Sadly it didn’t work.

I’m literally on my way to drop the first batch off at UPS. Should be at the vendor in a week. Keep an eye out for all the details and a video review/install coming soon.

#769 2 years ago

Looking forward to one of these to stop the CryptKeeper from driving me crazy.

#770 2 years ago

Yes I can definitely use one of these , just got a 1993 tftc that is buzzing.. will there be a link to distributor posted on here ? ChanceKJ

#771 2 years ago
Quoted from Walkerhillkiller:Yes I can definitely use one of these , just got a 1993 tftc that is buzzing.. will there be a link to distributor posted on here ? ChanceKJ

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-speaker-noise-ideas-for-a-cure/page/16#post-6581783

#772 2 years ago
Quoted from Walkerhillkiller:

Yes I can definitely use one of these , just got a 1993 tftc that is buzzing.. will there be a link to distributor posted on here ? ChanceKJ

Yep, Very soon I'll be posting in this thread the following: A link to where you can buy them, an install/review video from JoshODBrown over at The Canadian Arcade, and some better close up pictures of the filter. I'll also make a separate post on pinside announcing them, as well as release The Canadian Arcade video on all the Pinball Facebook channels we normally post on. So if you're subscribed/have notifications for the channel on you'll also be notified. This will all be as they go live on the vendors website so stay tuned.

#773 2 years ago

I am guessing no Black Friday discounts

#774 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I am guessing no Black Friday discounts

No sorry. Haha. They haven’t even arrived at the vendor yet.

…plus, I’m Canadian, We have Boxing Day.

#775 2 years ago
Quoted from ChanceKJ:

No sorry. Haha. They haven’t even arrived at the vendor yet.
…plus, I’m Canadian, We have Boxing Day.

I'm not picky, I can work with a Boxing day discount!

#776 2 years ago

The moment some of you have been waiting for Is here.

They are now Live on Pinball Life for $39.95!
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-east-noisehum-filter.html

WNR HB001 (resized).jpgWNR HB001 (resized).jpgWNR HB001 Front (resized).jpgWNR HB001 Front (resized).jpg

#777 2 years ago

Thank you! Just bought one for LAH. Cheers!

#778 2 years ago

Thanks for posting! Order placed. $13 shipping for a tiny board is a little steep though.

A0968F02-3D4A-4073-8E43-C60A66FFB532 (resized).pngA0968F02-3D4A-4073-8E43-C60A66FFB532 (resized).png
#779 2 years ago

Awesome! Just purchased one!

#780 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Thanks for posting! Order placed. $13 shipping for a tiny board is a little steep though.
[quoted image]

Yeah I got to shipping and canceled.
It’s a small part and $13.47 felt it was steep!
I get shipping is high lately , but I shipped heavier parts for far less recently

And don’t forget the tax man!

#781 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

[quoted image]

I just ordered a few other things I had been needing to justify the shipping. Amazon Prime has spoiled us all!

#782 2 years ago

I sell stuff on my Etsy shop every day this size/weight and it only costs about $3.50. Hopefully it gets here quickly for $13!

#783 2 years ago

Ordered! I keep a running cart at several online pin shops, and I wait till I have enough things to get free shipping or
justify the shipping cost. I believe 13.19 (to my address) is the base shipping price at Pinball life to ship anything from a bulb condom to my order today which had 10 plus items including the noise filter. I am so excited to install this.
Thank you!

8386592F-5BB5-4565-9FD5-9F573169922A (resized).jpeg8386592F-5BB5-4565-9FD5-9F573169922A (resized).jpeg
#784 2 years ago

I was going to use this and remove my separate power supply due to size but just felt couldn’t justify shipping .
Ups only option
USPS opotion would have offered a lower rate

#785 2 years ago

Was a good excuse to order a bottle holder and some LED

#786 2 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Was a good excuse to order a bottle holder and some LED

LOL same here!

#787 2 years ago

Thanks guys!

Yeah shipping is just something beyond my control. Thats in part why we decided to wholesale them to a US vendor, otherwise from Calgary it would have been a nightmare for each of you.

On the bright side, the other vendor we were dealing with originally wanted to charge $60usd for the board, but we just did’t feel that was right. A larger cart is definitely a solid option to get a few things at once. Knowing it was a small board we wanted to make sure we partnered with one of the large suppliers.

Looks like stock is going fast, we’ll work on getting a second batch built as soon as we can get chips. Were also talking to vendors in Australia and the EU now too so that might help you international folk.

#788 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:Thanks for posting! Order placed. $13 shipping for a tiny board is a little steep though.

This was discussed over a year ago on their website.

--------------------------------------
USPS Shipping Suspended
by Pinball Life • July 21, 2020
Effective July 21st, 2020, Pinball Life is suspending all USPS shipping services until further notice.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic the USPS have been shipping very slowly (1-3 weeks delivery times) and it has become beyond acceptable. Shipments from July have inaccurate status tracking.
We apologize for this and sincerely hope the USPS gets their act together. If they do, we will once again offer their shipping services.
UPS and FedEx shipping services are available domestically, and UPS is available internationally.

#789 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

This was discussed over a year ago on their website.
--------------------------------------
USPS Shipping Suspended
by Pinball Life • July 21, 2020
Effective July 21st, 2020, Pinball Life is suspending all USPS shipping services until further notice.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic the USPS have been shipping very slowly (1-3 weeks delivery times) and it has become beyond acceptable. Shipments from July have inaccurate status tracking.
We apologize for this and sincerely hope the USPS gets their act together. If they do, we will once again offer their shipping services.
UPS and FedEx shipping services are available domestically, and UPS is available internationally.

I can vouch for that. I went with Priority Mail for my Pinball Life orders last year. Out of the 3 shipments, none of them showed up on time. One of them even took a month to show up. My local post office even told me that the Chicago sorting facility is the hardest branch to work with.

Anyway, I placed my order. I can live with the $13 shipping price tag.

#790 2 years ago

Just ordered 2. Shipping was $13 as discussed. So I went ahead and ordered another pingulp and bent plastic. Shipping stayed at $13. Looking forward to receiving.

#791 2 years ago

Awesome!

Thanks for the support guys. By my count stock is starting to run low. I’m buying up as many of the IC’s as possible for the next batch, but I have no guarantee on how long that will take to replenish. Especially with the international vendors now asking for them too. If you’re on the fence, I’d pull the trigger.

#792 2 years ago

Ordered one last night, along with a couple other items. Looking forward to installing it!

#793 2 years ago

Waiting to "hear" some user reviews!

#794 2 years ago

Ordered, please do not complain on shipping... I had to pay $33 + customs etc.. But it will be worth it. Hope you will find a reseller in Europe for the next batch. (free-play.se is great)

#795 2 years ago

Ordered, thanks so much!

#796 2 years ago

And they are officially out of stock. That was quick!

#797 2 years ago

Thanks guys ☺️

Yes, kinda shocked by that, less than 36 hours. More are coming, and we’ve had interest from vendors in Australia, Europe, and even here in Canada. Were just securing more chips and looking into a second, much larger batch.

Quoted from markp99:

Waiting to "hear" some user reviews!

LOL!

#799 2 years ago

My order shipped today. I just got the tracking number!!

#800 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

My order shipped today. I just got the tracking number!!

Screenshot_20211129-235633_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211129-235633_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
There are 959 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-speaker-noise-ideas-for-a-cure/page/16?hl=bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.