(Topic ID: 94288)

Data East Sound Test "Easter Egg" (Various Games)

By classicgamefan

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Maybe this isn't quite an Easter Egg per se, but did you ever see something in a game and then later when you went back to do it again it was gone? At one time, I could have sworn that R&B had a sound test where you could select any sound to play back (NOT the "Speaker Test" where you just have the six preset sounds/music). I could never find it again and began to think I was just imagining it. However, I was just able to reproduce it and now I know how. You have to set Adjustment 45: Tournament Style to Home. Then, when you go into Diagnostics, there will be a new entry after "-Coil Test-" named "-Sound Test-".

Use the left or right flipper buttons to scroll through all 256 sound commands (00 to FF hex) and press Start to play the sound.

Not all commands are sounds. For example, 00 stops all playback (useful when you started a looping sound you want to stop). Also 20 (maximum) to 2F (minimum) are the volume for the background music. Finally, hold both flippers at the same time to increase the left digit (useful for getting to a far away sound command faster).

This also works in TFTC (v3.03). I tried it in my LAH, but it didn't work. If you are able to duplicate (or not) in another DE game, then please post it here.

#2 9 years ago

By the way, in R&B 3.20 this also enables the FWD/REV button when changing Diagnostics screens. That is, you can now go backwards to a previous diagnostic screen without having to exit Diagnostics and start it over again (just like you normally can in Audits/Adjustments). Diagnostics Reverse doesn't seem to work on R&B 1.30 or TFTC 3.03.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.50
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 15.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-sound-test-easter-egg-various-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.