New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 267498)

Data East Simpsons restoration

By cs3030

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by cs3030
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 months ago

Really want to learn pinball restoration and repairing. Picked up a Data East Simpsons game that needs alot of work but I don't have hardly anything into it, so if I destroy it, I'm not out much money (yet). Anyway, I figured I should start by making sure the game will run before replacing parts and playfield restoration. The game turns on and says the Simpsons opening line and then goes off. Any idea where to start looking where this issue may start from?

2 weeks later
#3 6 months ago

Thanks for the info Atari_Daze!! I narrowed it down to the power supply board and just got a replacement. Machine powers up and will play, but the alphanumeric display will not work. I checked the +100 -100 & 5v at the display and have all three with good numbers. How can I find out if it's the display board that is bad or could it be in another board? From other topics I found they say to verify the power at the board which I did, but I can't find how to test after that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 21.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chichester, NH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside