1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Shogun00
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6393 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6391 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6392 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverUnicorn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Hello Pinsiders!

I got a Simpsons yesterday that came with many spare parts. in those parts was a set of what look to be NOS plastics, BUT they are not silkscreened in color. They have a blue background (which is not a film). Attached are pics. Any idea what these would have been for?

Chris

IMG_6391 (resized).jpgIMG_6391 (resized).jpgIMG_6392 (resized).jpgIMG_6392 (resized).jpgIMG_6393 (resized).jpgIMG_6393 (resized).jpg
    #3 1 year ago
    Quoted from Shogun00:

Those don't look like NOS plastics to me. It appears that someone made their own and included them in the machine.
    Are you sure there isn't any film on the back side? The plastics usually have film on both sides.

There is no film on the back. I tried to pull what I thought was the blue film off the back but it just scratched the silkscreening on the plastic. The fronts did have a thin darker blue film as shown in the second pic. I bvelieve they are a factory item as the art matches exactly. but I could be wrong.

Apparently there are some on EBay, but I have no idea where they came from or why they would be made this way.

Chris

#6 1 year ago

I’m not sure. They are definitely silkscreened. The art is spot on. I’ll take pics next to the colored NOS plastics.

It is odd that they are blue for sure.

Chris

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverUnicorn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-simpsons-plastics-question?tu=SilverUnicorn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.