Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_6038 (resized).JPG
IMG_2722 (resized).PNG
IMG_2715 (resized).JPG
IMG_2717 (resized).JPG
IMG_2716 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

Is my Data East The Simpsons missing a lane post or two? I got some Novus 1 to clean my games and while cleaning I noticed that there are 2 holes by the lanes that are not being used. In the manual diagram there looks like there is a star post on the right side. Here are pictures of my game and the manual where it looks like there is a post on the right. I don't see anything in the manual showing a post on the left but there is a hole for one. Thanks for looking.

IMG_2716 (resized).JPGIMG_2716 (resized).JPG

IMG_2717 (resized).JPGIMG_2717 (resized).JPG

IMG_2715 (resized).JPGIMG_2715 (resized).JPG

#2 5 years ago

Looks like you are missing a metal post with a pointy top and rubber grommet on it.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

Thanks LTG. Do you know where I can buy one? I'm going to be ordering a few things from Marco with my Dad so it would be great if they carried it too.

#5 5 years ago

Great. Thanks again!!

#6 5 years ago

Ordered from pinball life and it should be here Monday. Found this picture in the pinside gallery that clearly shows the post on the left and some other pictures show it on the right as well.
Do you think that route operators took them out to make the games go quicker and then make more money?
Just having the thin plastic posts and them being so far below the sling rubbers really seems to make it almost impossible to nudge it out of the outlanes. Once the ball get over there it's gone. I wonder if this contributes to this game being known as a "drain monster". I looked online for pictures and videos of this game to see if people have the posts and I would say 75% or more don't have them. After I install them I'll report back how much it seems to change the game as far as ball times and high scores.

IMG_2722 (resized).PNGIMG_2722 (resized).PNG

#7 5 years ago

Not sure if you're referring to the divot in the pf or the nylon spacers on the ball guides but.....

The divots are only there IF you want to make your game a little easier by adding the aforementioned miniposts. I have yet to see a Simpsons (other than your photo) that actually had either post added, although with the gapingly wide outlane on the left side, it would sure make play easier.

If you're referring to the nylon spacers, each side should get two and the black rubber on your game doesn't belong there. Here's a pic of how the setup should look, you can see that those divots are just shallow indentations made at the factory...."suggestions" if you will.

100_6038 (resized).JPG100_6038 (resized).JPG

#8 5 years ago

Yes the divots, I didn't know the correct terminology. Not sure why the black rubber is there on the nylon spacers on mine, it's pretty old and cracked so looks like it's been on for awhile. I will take it off when I install the extra posts.
As far as the posts with rubbers on them I've seen a few online with them but not many.
I've really enjoyed the game so far except one ascpect. I was excited to add a game with multiball but right now scoring wise it's just not worth it as in single ball play you can pick your shots to keep the ball away from the outlanes but in multiball they find their way out there so quick your lucky to get anything done.
I've only had the game a few weeks now and have only hit the multiball jackpot twice, and both times it was for under 2 million, I've found it very challenging to keep the balls in play without cradling a ball for the jackpot to get up closer to 4.
My 5 year old daughter will really like the added posts. She plays a lot of pinball with me and can get some pretty good ball times on my Comet but the Simpsons she is done too quick to really get a good game going.

#9 5 years ago

It really is a brutal game, isn't it?

BTW if you ever find you're getting too many airballs hitting the glass off of the 3-bank drops (and you likely will), there's a metal plate under the bowling alley plastic, flip it around 180° so it acts like an awning over the drop targets. Looks like ass but it will eliminate the airballs.

#10 5 years ago

The guy before me put a small clear plastic piece above he bowling pins and it completely eliminates air balls
I put the posts in today, a much more enjoyable game! It's still not easy by any stretch but the ball times are much longer especially in multiball. My wife really had fun with the added posts. Her scores doubled from her usual scores. My daughter had much longer ball times and really enjoyed it.
Oddly enough in the 10 games I played I did better in multiball but actually did not beat any of my previous scores.
I would say if you have this game and are annoyed by it draining down the outlanes every time it gets near them, put the posts in, the game is much more fun!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-simpsons-lane-posts?hl=parkshow30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.