Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by PiLgRiM
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 27 days ago

I'm trying to hunt down why most (not all) of the flasher bulbs on my Data East Simpsons blow as soon as the bulb lights. The voltage coming into the socket is shown as 32V on the schematic, but they're all running high at 40V (even the one's that work fine). I'm not sure that's really the issue, but before I pull the whole thing apart I was wondering if anyone has experience with this machine to help me figure out what's going on? It looks like, most of the flashers are run off the PPB board and only some are supplied directly from the main power supply. For example, all of my ramp flashers blow the bulbs, but the two under Marge's hair and Bart's face in the playfield light fine (and I think those come directly from the main power supply).

Thanks!

#2 25 days ago

Blind guess #1. Someone over fused the flasher circuit(s) in order to bypass a problem with the PPB or driver board. Not certain where the flasher fuses are located but there should be at least 2 if some signals come from the PPB and some come from the main driver board. I know there are multiple fuses on the PPB and I think that each fuse covers multiple connections on that board.

I swear that EVERY single Data East machine I have ever owned (I've had around 10) ALWAYS has the wrong fuses in it. ALWAYS.

Once you confirm all fuse are the correct value, if one or more do blow, that will point you in a better direction.

2 weeks later
#3 8 days ago

turns out that without the load of all four bulbs on any given flasher line, the voltage is too high and will blow the bulbs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 82.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 109.00
$ 15.00
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 63.00
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside