IMG_5979 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240113_163855_Acrobat for Samsung (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240113_163936_Acrobat for Samsung (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240113_163946_Acrobat for Samsung (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240113_164012_Acrobat for Samsung (resized).jpg
IMG_5315 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4231 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sr230cc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 3 years ago

I am going to be picking up one of these soon. Anyone know where to get a lockdown bar?

5 months later
#36 3 years ago

Picked mine up over the weekend. Let the shop job and touch up begin.

26DFB5E5-249E-4120-BD12-E39E8043A1B7 (resized).jpeg26DFB5E5-249E-4120-BD12-E39E8043A1B7 (resized).jpegB34EBD05-0374-4FA7-B0E7-28879DC7ADF6 (resized).jpegB34EBD05-0374-4FA7-B0E7-28879DC7ADF6 (resized).jpeg
#39 3 years ago

I paid more for mine. $750 is a steal, especially with today’s prices on games. I need to fix one corner also. The plastics that are usually broke are broke on mine.

#43 3 years ago

Update on mine. It will not be restored all the way. For now it will be fixed up to play. I would love a Bart sticker instead of painting. I touched it up today. A bit more to do. Luckily much of the touch up areas are hidden after assembly. I wanted to tear it down, clean, fix the corner and then I’ll order needed parts.

A0161DAC-34E9-42BA-AD98-07CBCD5968FF (resized).jpegA0161DAC-34E9-42BA-AD98-07CBCD5968FF (resized).jpeg
#44 3 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

Hi all, does your machine have these lane divider posts?
[quoted image]
Trying to figure out if they are original or not. I feel like they've been added. I have one on each side. The playfield diagram does not show them, but can't really go by that since it's not exactly accurate. It also doesn't show the bumper between flippers. IPDB photos appear to show holes on both sides but no post. The playfield diagram in my book appears to show a mark for it on the right but not on the left, and no number.

Mine has posts there also.

1 week later
#45 3 years ago

Got mine up and running. Recapped the PS Board, Leg braces / Corner Glue, LED's 184 of them!!, Touched up the paint.
Made some aluminum pieces the same shape as the plastics that usually break and put them underneath the new plastics (Ay Caramba, and Drops)
I had reset issues. I reflowed the solder on the PS connectors and the battery area. So far so good......hopefully it does not get flaky again.
Currently I am working on decals for Bart and Moe. I am not good at painting.
In the future I will decal the cabinet and paint the legs, lockdown bar, coin door.
I am on the lookout for the upgraded cooling towers, much easier to remove and service.

#46 3 years ago

All good now. Had to clean up some connectors.

6AEC2D5E-234B-472F-AB84-E78B210ECCBC (resized).jpeg6AEC2D5E-234B-472F-AB84-E78B210ECCBC (resized).jpeg
#48 3 years ago

Yes GI is sunlight

#49 3 years ago

Re capped the sound board today. Humming is almost totally gone.
Game works good now and no issues.
Can't say the same for my Firepower......Put in new IC sockets and now it wont boot, probably going to buy aftermarket boards for that one.

1 week later
#67 3 years ago

Update on mine....
I replaced all the speakers and now I have no more humming. I can hear some slight sounds that I could not hear before (sounds you are supposed to hear)
The 4" Speakers required some spacers and the subwoofer is upgraded to 8". I just used the same cabinet hole for the subwoofer.

Pyle PLG4.2
GRS 8SW-4 8" Poly Cone Subwoofer 4 Ohm
12V Low Pass Speaker Subwoofer Crossover for 8 Ohm or 4

So future upgrades
Side art
Ramp Powder Coat
Paint lockdown and side rails

I really like this game!

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

Update on mine....
I replaced all the speakers and now I have no more humming. I can hear some slight sounds that I could not hear before (sounds you are supposed to hear)
The 4" Speakers required some spacers and the subwoofer is upgraded to 8". I just used the same cabinet hole for the subwoofer.
Pyle PLG4.2
GRS 8SW-4 8" Poly Cone Subwoofer 4 Ohm
12V Low Pass Speaker Subwoofer Crossover for 8 Ohm or 4
So future upgrades
Side art
Ramp Powder Coat
Paint lockdown and side rails
I really like this game!

9DBFE371-D8AA-4C6C-AF35-8882ED141A3C (resized).jpeg9DBFE371-D8AA-4C6C-AF35-8882ED141A3C (resized).jpegDB408713-A04B-477E-986B-0DFA07285E0C (resized).jpegDB408713-A04B-477E-986B-0DFA07285E0C (resized).jpeg
#71 3 years ago

I think the new speakers sound great. More sounds I could not hear before. Not bad for $50 for everything.

4 weeks later
#74 2 years ago
Quoted from oconnorclast:

SR230CC Hi there, total noob here, just got this one as my first pinball machine ever Would love to do this upgrade. Was it as simple as it seems? Like, all you had to do is remove the existing speakers, put in the new ones, & clip in the wires?
I noticed you said you needed "spacers." Me being noob-y, I dunno if I should be looking for something specific before I start the swap-out, or if spacer just means "put something between the speakers and the machine..."
Thanks for any help!

It was easy except for the backbox speakers. The cone protrudes further than the mounting holes. So I had to make spacers so that there was enough space to the speaker grill. If you look at my picture you can see the wood I used. You could get spacers, but the threaded studs in the speaker panel are not long enough to mount the spacer and the speaker (maybe barrel nuts could work). That is why my speakers are rotated slightly. Spacer mounted to the panel then speaker to the spacer. You could also 3D print a solution. If all this is too much, you can find different 4 Ohm speakers that are flat.

#75 2 years ago

Inkochnito Bridge Board - Can anyone confirm that this works on DE Simpsons? I have one on my Firepower and like it a lot.

2 weeks later
#83 2 years ago

I am having reset issues. I thought I had it fixed and then it happens after the game has been on for awhile.
I installed inkochnito bridge board.
Replaced CN1
Replaced some diodes I thought were issues.
PS and Sound all new capacitors.
Restarts sometimes when I press start button.
Is there another connector that could be bad? If so does anyone have a list of replacement connectors? This is getting frustrating.
Thanks

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

I've seen people with Cliffy-like protectors for the Krusty Ramp. Are those available anywhere or does another ramp protector fit, maybe?

I am also interested in this.

2 weeks later
#88 2 years ago

Mine is all fixed. Replaced the headers and connectors for all 5v connections. Also did the fuse holders.

The ramp protectors on R&M look like they would work good on the Simpsons. Not sure if the current design would fit.

8 months later
#115 2 years ago

Definitely do the power supply 5v updates. I had bad resetting issues on mine. Also make sure the boards are all screwed down and grounded good. That will eliminate speaker noise. I also upgraded my speakers and have no issues.

1 month later
#128 2 years ago

yes i would be interested. the one I have is worn out from the lights.

3 weeks later
#140 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’ve got a NOS playfield that I may be able to get scanned if anyone wanted? Something that wouldn’t need too much work to print I guess.
[quoted image]

That would be awesome! I could make some overlays for a couple areas of mine.

6 months later
#266 1 year ago

Thanks for the info. I am going to rebuild my VUK’s this weekend.

6 months later
#283 11 months ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’ll send him hi res pics of my NOS playfield I have hanging on my wall. [quoted image]

Is there a scan available for this playfield? I need to make a decal for between the flippers on mine.

8 months later
#346 3 months ago

I'm just going to throw this out there again, just in case.
Does anyone have a good scan of the playfield? Specifically the Moe's Bar area and Bart by the flippers.
My game is in really good condition except for these areas, and I would really like to get some decals made to clean up these areas.

#350 89 days ago

I have scanned playfields using a Scanjet 4600 if you can find one. If I was closer I would ship mine to borrow. Then use a stitch program to put it all together.

4600 series few different product numbers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sr230cc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-simpsons-club-ay-caramba?tu=sr230cc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.