IMG_5979 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240113_163855_Acrobat for Samsung (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240113_163936_Acrobat for Samsung (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240113_163946_Acrobat for Samsung (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240113_164012_Acrobat for Samsung (resized).jpg
IMG_5315 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5265 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4231 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luchaboypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 4 years ago

I've had mine since 1997 and have a few issues

1. Since we got it,when the ball is hit with the Left Flipper and hits the 3 Bank, it bounces up and hits the Playfield Glass (I'd say 25-50% of the time). A while back, someone on PinSide replied that Data East built their Flippers "too strong" on the games they put out in their final years and there's no true fix for it, is that still the consensus?

2. Recenltly & Sporadically, at the start of a Ball (when it comes out of the Trough),the music for Level 2 Multiball starts playing (when no Balls are Locked and the Game is supposed to be at Level 1). This lasts for the Duration of the Ball. PinSide suggested troubleshooting the Circuit Boards and in all the Repairs I've done it's the 1 thing I haven't messed with

3 (Pictured). - Cracked Top Lane Plastic

4 (Pictured). - Cracked Cooling Tower Plastic

5 (Pictured). - Just recently noticed Duct Tape on the front of the Main Ramp Assembly (and more underneath the Playfield)

6. Artwork Wear in a few places (Where Moe is before the VUK and in Picture #3 above Homer). I've been told it can be Restored but that Printing and Stenciling the Artwork back in is a very arduous undertaking if you don't know what your doing

I am very much a Novice when it comes to Repair and Restoration (for Complex Issues) but am 100% eager to learn more (and eventually become a Technician myself) so if this could be dumbed down as much as possible I'd appreciate it

Thanks guys!

20200321_204734 (resized).jpg20200321_204734 (resized).jpg20200321_204739 (resized).jpg20200321_204739 (resized).jpg20200321_204750 (resized).jpg20200321_204750 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#19 4 years ago

If i wanted to switch that Bulb out,do i need to take out the entire 5 Bank Assembly or is there another way?

20200412_170724 (resized).jpg20200412_170724 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#21 3 years ago

I can remove the Plastic if that will allow me to replace the Bulb easier. If i wanted to do it from Underneath,would i just have to remove the Rubber?

4 weeks later
#23 3 years ago

If i wanted to make the Awning over the 3 Bank (either using Clear Plastic or the Trapezoidal Metal Plate underneath the 3 Bank Plastic),what type of Screws would I need to install it?

1 month later
#25 3 years ago

Anybody know what the Risque Sounds Adjustment is used for in the In Game Diagnostics? I don't notice a difference in the In Game Audio whether it's set to On or Off,and the show was pretty tame when the machine was released so i don't know what it could be in reference to

3 months later
#28 3 years ago

My Machine is displaying "1 Ball Missing" when i press Start and all 3 Balls are accounted for and not stuck anywhere on the Playfield

- At first, the Trough Switch would "sputter" and not release the next Ball during a Game

- I took all 3 Balls out of the Machine manually and Drained them one at a time. The Machine still displays "3 Balls Missing" after the first one is Drained, meaning the Machine is not "counting" that first Ball, but it counts the other 2 just fine

- I hypothesized that during the Diagnostics we had to take a Ball out Manually, touch any Switch with it so it registered than Drain it. However, the issue persisted

- This last part is hard to describe, but the Shoot Again Switch had a Pin/Connector that looked bent and after some minor adjustments (without the Switch Adjustment Tool),the Issue was resolved but reoccurred after the end of Ball 1 on a Game we were able to start Successfully

- The Machine successfully completes the All Coil Test 3 times in a row (releasing the 3 Balls) when the Playfield is Raised

I'm lost as far as what the Issue could be and was wondering if (and how) i need to use my Switch Adjustment Tool to correct the problem?

Thanks in advance!

1 year later
#104 2 years ago

I recently moved from an Apartment to a house and my machine moved with me

A handful of test games after the move turned out fine until recently when the Flippers stopped working

At first I thought it was an issue with the Flippers themselves but neither Flipper Button responds when trying to navigate through the Diagnostics that use them, so I think it's the Buttons or their Switches that are the issue

Neither Flipper Button Registers during the Active Switch Test

Any ideas on how to Troubleshoot?

7 months later
#213 1 year ago
Quoted from CryptKeeperAUS:

Anyone been able to find the original design drop target decals with 3 different orientations? Can only find the ones as pictured.
[quoted image]

I had no idea there were different ones, what does the original design look like?

2 weeks later
#222 1 year ago

Stupid question, but how many Flashers are under the Mystery Ramp? I think my 4th one is out but I'm not sure cuz the only thing that activates all of them is the timed Millions Ramp Shot, and even then it's hard to see under the ramp plastic

1 week later
#230 1 year ago

When i complete the Top Lanes to light the Letters in MILLIONS, the "N" and "S" are lit together rather than separately, is this something worth troubleshooting?

1 week later
#234 1 year ago

In my repair efforts, the biggest issue i have with my machine is as follows:

At the start of a Ball, when it hits any Top Lane, the music changes to Level 2 Multiball and the Machine registers 1 Ball Lock when no balls are actually locked. This is evident by the machine giving me the Lock-A-Ball Timer when i lock only 1 Ball. The only way to fix this during the course of a Game is to start Multiball and drain 1 Ball for the music to return to Level 1. If i don't do that then the issue lasts for the duration of the game.

This issue is sporadic, sometimes happening 20% of the time in 10 Test Games, sometimes more frequently than that

Are some wires/switches crossed somewhere?

Added 18 months ago:

UPDATE: During the issue, i sometimes hear the space-age "Back To Level 1" Sound Effect (without it appearing on the Displays) which should indicate the end of Multiball but it keeps going

2 months later
#271 1 year ago

The 2 rubbers under this Plastic and Ramp broke,do I have to remove the Plastic and Ramp to replace them?

20221218_135046 (resized).jpg20221218_135046 (resized).jpg
#273 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Yes you must remove the wire ramp and plastic to gain access to the 2 rubbers.

What size screwdrivers do i need to remove the ramp? I tried all of mine and nothing was able to get that first screw off

6 months later
#294 9 months ago

For some reason,my Nuclear Power Values are able to be collected in either Ball Lock before the Towers flash,and they collect 50K when this happens

1 month later
#306 8 months ago

I recently replaced my Shooter Tip Rubber and put a little Novus 1 in the Shooter Lane to clean it (stupidly not realizing it's meant for Plastics only)

Now the weight of the balls (either just 1 or 2) isn't enough to go past this Shooter Switch and reach the Rubber so it can be plunged properly

This is strange considering if never did this before this small repair and I'm not sure what to do

20230822_195148 (resized).jpg20230822_195148 (resized).jpg
#308 7 months ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Did you bend the wire of the switch up a bit after cleaning out the shooter lane? Bend it back down just a bit so it doesn't hold the ball up.

Manually or with a Switch Adjustment Tool?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luchaboypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-simpsons-club-ay-caramba?tu=luchaboypin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.