simpsons plastic (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
playfield (resized).jpg
20220801_111640 (resized).jpg
20220715_200653 (resized).jpg
20220715_195554 (resized).jpg
20220715_195622 (resized).jpg
20220715_193055 (resized).jpg

There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 71 days ago

Picture with machine off, lights on.

20220715_200653 (resized).jpg
#202 71 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Picture with machine off, lights on.
[quoted image]

Looks great! Great artwork and still lets you appreciate the pop bumpers. If you do a run I'm keen to get one.

#203 71 days ago

Looks killer! I'd be way in, and my plastics are new!
Nicely done!

#204 71 days ago
Quoted from CryptKeeperAUS:

Looks great! Great artwork and still lets you appreciate the pop bumpers. If you do a run I'm keen to get one.

Thanks! I may rework the top deflector slightly as I'm considering some alteration to the art.

Odds of making more are slim I'll admit; I have a few hours in making this one and there is some hardware and post changes made so the main deflector had enough height to clear the Lexan during bank target reset. So its not a direct drop in replacement.

#205 71 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Thanks! I may rework the top deflector slightly as I'm considering some alteration to the art.
Odds of making more are slim I'll admit; I have a few hours in making this one and there is some hardware and post changes made so the main deflector had enough height to clear the Lexan during bank target reset. So its not a direct drop in replacement.

No worries. A nice looking one of a kind replacement then! Good to see a Simpsons looking so good.

#206 70 days ago

Hello everyone, having a problem with my Simpson's machine and looking for some a little help here. Upon start up the kickout on the left Outlane locks on and goes up in smoke. I have had this repaired boards where all gone through new coil worked for a week. turned on game and boom up in smoke again. any ideas here greatly appreciated Thanks in advance!!!!

#207 69 days ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Hello everyone, having a problem with my Simpson's machine and looking for some a little help here. Upon start up the kickout on the left Outlane locks on and goes up in smoke. I have had this repaired boards where all gone through new coil worked for a week. turned on game and boom up in smoke again. any ideas here greatly appreciated Thanks in advance!!!!

Check Tip36 on your PPB board

1 week later
#208 61 days ago

Super happy with how this turned out.. it's 1990 again!
[quoted image]

This looks beautiful! Did you wind up doing more of these? Mine has burn spots so I’d be interested in one. Don’t know why it’s not a purchasable part anywhere. I’m in the US so I’d want to know cost + shipping. Thanks!

#209 60 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Also would love something like this. I feel like pretty much everyone on this board either has a deflector or desperately covets one

Is this the sort of thing that a 3D printer could churn out, given blueprints and clear plastic?

#210 60 days ago
Quoted from oconnorclast:

Also would love something like this. I feel like pretty much everyone on this board either has a deflector or desperately covets one
Is this the sort of thing that a 3D printer could churn out, given blueprints and clear plastic?

No and I like to 3d print stuff.

I am toying with the idea of a small programmable router table or cutter so more in the future not out of the realm of possibility.

#211 55 days ago

Anyone been able to find the original design drop target decals with 3 different orientations? Can only find the ones as pictured.

20220801_111640 (resized).jpg
#212 55 days ago

Anyone been able to find the original design drop target decals with 3 different orientations? Can only find the ones as pictured.
[quoted image]

I agonized about this for a year, and my targets were blank for a year. Finally at a pinball show I decided "eff it" and picked up the matching decals. Haven't given it a second thought since, and suggest the same.

1 week later
#213 43 days ago

[quoted image]

I had no idea there were different ones, what does the original design look like?

#214 42 days ago

You guys mean these?

playfield (resized).jpg
#215 42 days ago

Looking for this plastic piece as mine is completely missing. Please let me know if you have a spare available!! Thanks!!

Steve

pasted_image (resized).png
#216 42 days ago
Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

Looking for this plastic piece as mine is completely missing. Please let me know if you have a spare available!! Thanks!!
Steve
[quoted image]

Hello there is one on Ebay

#217 42 days ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Hello there is one on Ebay

Classic Arcade, purchase at your own risk.

#218 41 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Classic Arcade, purchase at your own risk.

I've had bad things happen with jeff before already

#219 41 days ago
Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

Steve
[quoted image]

If you want "Better than nothing" I can send you this one. It's from a weird blue set of plastics I got with my machine.

Let me know if you want it.

Chris

simpsons plastic (resized).jpg
#220 41 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

If you want "Better than nothing" I can send you this one. It's from a weird blue set of plastics I got with my machine.
Let me know if you want it.
Chris[quoted image]

Could always use as a last resort! Thanks
I'll let you know

Steve

#221 38 days ago

Anyone have/know where I can find an intact pop bumper bracket in yellow in the USA? All I can find are in Europe or Australia. Marco has blue, and PBL has blue and black. I'll go black, with the intention of going back, if I can't find yellow immediately.

I see there's one "Alvin G" assembly on ebay that has the right bracket, so that's truly worst case. I'd prefer to buy just the bracket though.

Rebuilding the pops on my cabinet and one of my brackets lost two ears when I pulled it off the playfield...

EDIT: FIRST one I saw on ebay was like $80 for a complete assembly. Changed up my search terms and found a near complete NOS assembly for $30 shipped. I'm good with that!

2 weeks later
#222 24 days ago

Stupid question, but how many Flashers are under the Mystery Ramp? I think my 4th one is out but I'm not sure cuz the only thing that activates all of them is the timed Millions Ramp Shot, and even then it's hard to see under the ramp plastic

#223 24 days ago
Quoted from LuchaBoyPIN:Stupid question, but how many Flashers are under the Mystery Ramp? I think my 4th one is out but I'm not sure cuz the only thing that activates all of them is the timed Millions Ramp Shot, and even then it's hard to see under the ramp plastic

Screenshot_20220901-041335_Gallery (resized).jpg
#224 24 days ago

Do y'all install the post between the flippers meant to block STDM shots? If so, what size and thread is that? It's not listed in the manual under playfield parts.

Glancing through the thread, it looks like the majority of owners that restore or refresh one of these cabinets DO install that post.

#225 24 days ago

I use Comet 8SMD flashers, you know when they are going off!

#226 24 days ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Do y'all install the post between the flippers meant to block STDM shots? If so, what size and thread is that? It's not listed in the manual under playfield parts.
Glancing through the thread, it looks like the majority of owners that restore or refresh one of these cabinets DO install that post.

I think all machines came with this post as standard. It's the outlanes on some Data East's that had the hole drilled but no post installed meaning easier drains. It may have been a revenue, return on investment for arcades in the day. Sorry I'm not home for a few weeks to get a measurement.

#227 24 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I use Comet 8SMD flashers, you know when they are going off!

Get the sunglasses out!

1 week later
#228 12 days ago

If anyone has an old tear down pic of this area it would be appreciated. Looking to mount the bracket as per original but not getting the right alignment with existing holes after a clean up.

20220912_200222 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220912-201037_Gallery (resized).jpg
#229 12 days ago

If anyone has an old tear down pic of this area it would be appreciated. Looking to mount the bracket as per original but not getting the right alignment with existing holes after a clean up.[quoted image][quoted image]

Don't know if these help, but here's what I have

IMG_0599 (resized).JPG
IMG_0623 (resized).JPG
IMG_0626 (resized).JPG

To me it looks like you almost "lost" a hole during clear. The two holes in red should be your screw holes for the ball guide that covers the VUK by the bear.

circled (resized).png

#230 12 days ago

When i complete the Top Lanes to light the Letters in MILLIONS, the "N" and "S" are lit together rather than separately, is this something worth troubleshooting?

#231 12 days ago
Quoted from LuchaBoyPIN:

When i complete the Top Lanes to light the Letters in MILLIONS, the "N" and "S" are lit together rather than separately, is this something worth troubleshooting?

Lamp socket solder lug/leg shorted together.
Access to back panel board can be tricky.
I think you have to remove upper corner screws...and middle set of screws..
I could be wrong.

#232 12 days ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Don't know if these help, but here's what I have
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
To me it looks like you almost "lost" a hole during clear. The two holes in red should be your screw holes for the ball guide that covers the VUK by the bear.
[quoted image]

Perfect! Thanks for the pics.

#233 11 days ago

I have this one for sale in Manitowoc WI

simpsons dale jr 002 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#234 2 days ago

In my repair efforts, the biggest issue i have with my machine is as follows:

At the start of a Ball, when it hits any Top Lane, the music changes to Level 2 Multiball and the Machine registers 1 Ball Lock when no balls are actually locked. This is evident by the machine giving me the Lock-A-Ball Timer when i lock only 1 Ball. The only way to fix this during the course of a Game is to start Multiball and drain 1 Ball for the music to return to Level 1. If i don't do that then the issue lasts for the duration of the game.

This issue is sporadic, sometimes happening 20% of the time in 10 Test Games, sometimes more frequently than that

Are some wires/switches crossed somewhere?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
$ 24.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!