Data East Simpsons

By achtungboyy

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I am currently restoring a Data East Simpsons. A couple of imperfections on the play field but an overall nice machine. What price are they going for these days. The price is all over the place on eBay

#2 9 years ago

http://bostonpinball.biz/ebay0513.htm Check Boston Pinball's what things sold for guide.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

http://bostonpinball.biz/ebay0513.htm Check Boston Pinball's what things sold for guide.
LTG : )™

Exactly. $1,600 on average. Hopefully this Simpsons is going to be a keeper?

#4 9 years ago

I got it for 1400 in its current shape. The cabinet needs touching up. I was thinking of selling it after I fixed it but it's going to look cool next to my South Park. Not sure yet. I was hoping to get at least 2000 if I sell

#5 9 years ago

Going to be hard to do i think. Just due what you are going to do and keep it. Last one i had i got for 750 bucks and sold it for exactly 1,600.

#6 9 years ago

Not a huge Data East fan but this one seems cool. I love the back glass. Maybe I should keep it awhile and enjoy it.

#7 9 years ago

Thanks for the info. And thanks for the website. Very helpful

#8 9 years ago

DE Simpsons is a great game. Hang onto it for a while.

#9 9 years ago

How does it stack up against TSPP?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

DE Simpsons is a great game. Hang onto it for a while.

How does it sack up against TSPP?

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from achtungboyy:

hmm it doesn't. The simpsons data east is very different then TSPP.
#1 is era, the data east ones has a lot of old catch phrases that Bart would say back in the 90s. "ayecaramba" "el barto" and a few others i think.

#2 The play field and art in the TSPP is obviously more updated with the new characters and improved pinball tech. The DMD on the 2 are totally different also. TSPP has much more stuff in it to keep the player entertained and I think he rules sets are better then the data east one. The great thing with the data east simpsons is that it does take you back to the original simpsons. I don't know how to explain that but it just does. The play field has much less stuff but is still a good game.

#3 you can buy 2 or 3 Data East Simpsons for one TSPP.... The price alone I think tells you how it stacks up.

There are a few flaws to it like how sometimes when you hit the center drop targets the ball bounces up and hits the glass. I just restored one and I am keeping it. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/installed-cabinet-decals-on-my-data-east-simpsons
It's still nice pin to have around if you are a fan of the franchise.

#12 9 years ago

I listed mine on CL last summer. Playfield wasn't mint, but it was a great fast player. It had the typical planking near the apron. I think it had a new led display too, can't remember. Backglass was mint NOS. It was a fresh shop job and a decent cab.

Listed it for 1500... it was sold and gone with no haggling the next day. I still kind of miss it, you just can't beat the playability of the old system 11's and data easts

#13 9 years ago

I have good condition main ramp available if needed, just pm.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from gooterman:

I listed mine on CL last summer. Playfield wasn't mint, but it was a great fast player. It had the typical planking near the apron. I think it had a new led display too, can't remember. Backglass was mint NOS. It was a fresh shop job and a decent cab.
Listed it for 1500... it was sold and gone with no haggling the next day. I still kind of miss it, you just can't beat the playability of the old system 11's and data easts

I was really thinking about selling it but I have reconsidered. I think I'm going to keep it for awhile. I have to sell simpsons one or Xenon because of room.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from achtungboyy:

I prefer the DE vs. the Stern. It's just like a System 11 in game play and rules. Not crazy deep.... not easy to get the jackpot. Fun and fast. I also like the price point vs. the Stern game.

#16 9 years ago

Yup just sell Xenon to me !!!!!!

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from achtungboyy:

How does it stack up against TSPP?

It doesn't, but but one thing you can say is its a lot cheaper. I have one myself, I like it but its a drain monster on the outlanes.

#18 9 years ago

Got one for sale here if anyone's interested at $1500

Thanks,
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#19 9 years ago

i keep mine on route at a local bar and it has been a hit with the customers and never breaks. not much can break on the game aside from a few drop targets and a few VUK. these simple games for great for location.
your average bar player is not looking for deep rulesets and they want to 50 cent game.
its brings is about 50$ a week or so.

for 2,000$ it would have to be mint.

#20 9 years ago

I sold a beautiful one with a nice bright cabinet for $1800.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from aveamike:

i keep mine on route at a local bar and it has been a hit with the customers and never breaks. not much can break on the game aside from a few drop targets and a few VUK. these simple games for great for location.
your average bar player is not looking for deep rulesets and they want to 50 cent game.
its brings is about 50$ a week or so.
for 2,000$ it would have to be mint.

I actually have a route and was thinking of putting it in a local pizza place. I was just afraid of the wear and tear on the machine.

#22 9 years ago

I'm no expert with running pins on location but any game is going to get wear and tear when played 100 to 150 times a week buy people who are drinking.

compared to my other games, STTNG, DM, GOZILLA, DA Simpsons needs much less care and most of the play field can be cleaned without taking the whole thing apart.

and its a familiar title that people know and like.

m.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from aveamike:

I'm no expert with running pins on location but any game is going to get wear and tear when played 100 to 150 times a week buy people who are drinking.
compared to my other games, STTNG, DM, GOZILLA, DA Simpsons needs much less care and most of the play field can be cleaned without taking the whole thing apart.
and its a familiar title that people know and like.
m.

That's my thinking. I would never route my BSD or IJ but like you said people recognize the title. I could have it on route and have it for sale the whole time its there. I'm just kind of worried. I put a Jurassic Park on route there and made 22 bucks a month on it. I took it out and sold it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-simpsons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.