Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by smersh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Im looking for a good working and in order used data east power supply board. Please let me know what you have. [email protected]

#2 10 years ago

I have a power board from a time machine I parted out I could check it on my tftc but not sure if they are compatible. If you could get the part number from your board I can check it with mine.

#3 10 years ago

A power supply from a Williams System 11 will work in your Simpsons as well.

#4 10 years ago

Assuming you don't want to go with this because of cost:

http://www.xpinpinball.com/products/xpin_power_supplies/XP-WMS8345

viperrwk

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

Assuming you don't want to go with this because of cost:
http://www.xpinpinball.com/products/xpin_power_supplies/XP-WMS8345
viperrwk

That still isn't a bad price for a new board.

#6 10 years ago

Mario p-s 904406894 is the number i found. The Xpin is nice and good price. I was hoping to see what was out there rebuilt and used.

#7 10 years ago

They are very easy to rebuild.

#8 10 years ago

StrykersArcade. That is what I heard but I'm not sure of the components that I need, Do have a list of that.

#9 10 years ago

Assuming you have one to rebuild

Seriously, here's a used Williams D-8345 on on ebay for $75
ebay.com link: WILLIAMS system 7 PINBALL POWER SUPPLY ASSY D 8345 1914 USED

And here's two non-working DE PS - one with trace damage - for $35 each (these are not the correct ones for Simpsons, just for reference)
ebay.com link: Data East pinball power supply needs work

Then you'd have to buy the parts to refurbish/rebuild and take the time to do so (assuming you have the tools and skills.)

If I was missing a board I'd just pay the money and go with the XPin - more reliable, more efficient, runs cooler, lots of status LEDs, all new connectors. Power is the most important thing in a pinball machine. If that's not right everything else goes to hell quickly.

viperrwk

#10 10 years ago

Viperrwk. I have the board it keeps blowing the display fuse so I been told it was the PS board needed to be rebuilt. I was hoping to find a good used one for little money.

#11 10 years ago

You probably can find someone that will sell you a refurbished board but it probably won't cost much less than a new one.

If you have the skills and tools you could buy the parts and refurb it yourself. Or send your board out to one of the pros and have them refurb it for you - though that would probably cost almost as much as a new board.

It would be unfortunate if you bought a used board that wasn't refurbed and in a few months have problems again.

viperrwk

#12 10 years ago

Its true that it would cost 75.00 to rebuild yours. The one on ebay may be the way to go.

#13 10 years ago

If you have schematics and can solder, it should be an easy and cheap repair. I don't have schematics for that model but they are probably using zener diodes to get the high display voltage with maybe an small output transistor. Either could be shorted and blowing the fuse.

Also check and replace any bad fuse clips when repairing. They get overheated and lose their spring.

#14 10 years ago

For future surfers, here are the schematics. It's slightly different than the Williams D-8345 in component use but Ed @ GPE has all the parts to rebuild it. Unfortunately you cannot use his standard Williams HVP kit - you'd have to custom order the specific parts needed.

http://illinoispinball.webs.com/Schematics/Power_Supply_Schematic_%28520-5000-00%29.pdf

viperrwk

#15 10 years ago

Excellent Viperrwk I will check into ordering the kit. Thanks for the schematic.. Awesome!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from smersh:

Excellent Viperrwk I will check into ordering the kit. Thanks for the schematic.. Awesome!

Just to be clear - his Williams kit WILL NOT work. Ed does not have a kit for DE. You have to order the components separately (or order the Williams kit and then order the components you need that are not in the kit.)

viperrwk

#17 10 years ago

I just went to GPE site and Emailed them for direction on the parts that I would need. Im not sure if the will do that? A lot of out of stock kits also. Fun Fun.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from smersh:

I just went to GPE site and Emailed them for direction on the parts that I would need. Im not sure if the will do that? A lot of out of stock kits also. Fun Fun.

I don't have much experience with DE machines so I don't yet have kits for them. That one looks pretty straight forward, though -- email sent.

Yeah, a lot of kits are out of stock. Unfortunately, they'll remain that way until things settle down a bit ... and the stitches come out.

Ed (GPE)

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from G-P-E:

I don't have much experience with DE machines so I don't yet have kits for them. That one looks pretty straight forward, though -- email sent.
Yeah, a lot of kits are out of stock. Unfortunately, they'll remain that way until things settle down a bit ... and the stitches come out.
Ed (GPE)

Ouch! Feel better Ed! We miss you!

viperrwk

#20 10 years ago

Ed. Thanks for getting right back to me and helping me out, I will be doing my homework on this board and sending in my order. I love pinball. lol

2 weeks later
#21 10 years ago

I just received a PSB from Mario_1_up and tried it out in the Simpson's and everything fired up correctly. Thanks. Now I'm going to start the rebuild on the spare board. Hell Ya...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-simpson-power-supply-baord-wanted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.