Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200807_220105 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200807_220046 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I've got a Phantom of the Opera that's working pretty well, except that the service menu buttons on the coin door aren't working. I see some loose wires just inside the cabinet, and I'm wondering if they are why the service buttons aren't functioning.

Can anyone send me a picture of what the correct wiring is for the service buttons / coin door? Or does anyone know why the service menu buttons might not be working?

I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out where those loose wires go, and why the buttons aren't working.

Thanks.

IMG_20200807_220046 (resized).jpgIMG_20200807_220046 (resized).jpgIMG_20200807_220105 (resized).jpgIMG_20200807_220105 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

Brief update: on a whim, I decided to see what would happen if I touched the white wires together, and suddenly the service buttons work. I'd still love to know what is going on with the wiring, but I guess that wire is supposed to be connected?

4 weeks later
#3 3 years ago

It looks like your missing the cherry coin door switch (white and black/red wires). The green and white/ blue and white wire configurations are used for the service switches. I am not an electrician but please be careful. There are some serious voltages under the playfield. I beleive the coin door switch is part of the safety mechanism.

#4 3 years ago

Hey there CryptKeeper, I managed to get it all figured out. I posted a new thread with a slightly better explanation here. It was just a matter of getting the wires connected correctly to the memory-protect switch. Was pretty simple once I knew where they went. Sadly, I still had a memory retention issue, so I went ahead and installed NVRAM and that solved that issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/correct-wiring-for-memory-protect-switch

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 18.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-service-button-wiring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.