Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Stablock
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hello all. I just picked up this machine for a song. Everything works great! all but the scoreboard. Any idea how I can trace the issue? I found LED scoreboards on ebay for about $200. But would like to know that is not some other issue before buying a new board.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

#2 7 years ago

Check the 100V and -100V on the power supply.
IF these are present check if there is ANY glow inside the glass.
If there is glow displays might be good.
No 100V, repair the power supply first.

2 weeks later
#3 7 years ago

I have a parts game if you need anything.

1 month later
#4 7 years ago

OK. I tested power supply. All looks good. So I purchased the DIS200 LED score board. Plugged it in and wow. Score board works! However, the game play is different. Now, it randomly gets Spy Again extra ball. For no reason. And it never turns off! I was on ball 8 when I turned it off. Tried it again and yeah... happened again. Also noticed other things. Like.... ball goes up the ramp and the locked ball shoots out, the center thing (that's a tech term, right) between the flippers pops up. But now it only stays up for maybe 3 seconds. Before it would stay up for maybe 10 seconds? Nothing seems work like it did. the spy hole opens for no apparent reason. And you know when you get a free game the (don't laugh, I don't know what its called) it pops all the time.

Why would it change the game play? I may have pulled out a AA battery to see if it was a rechargeable kind. Would that change the game play?

Also, when I turn it on, it says BAD SCHLTR NENI. then changes to BAD SPLUE NENI. ?????? The heck is that?

I have the manual. Talks about forward/reverse and step button. I pressed step a few times... I don't think its English!

HELP! I liked playing it better when the score board didn't work!

#5 7 years ago

Well, first of all, you have the game in a different language. Second, you need to enter switch test and figure out which switch does not work.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Stablock:

OK. I tested power supply. All looks good. So I purchased the DIS200 LED score board. Plugged it in and wow. Score board works! However, the game play is different. Now, it randomly gets Spy Again extra ball. For no reason. And it never turns off! I was on ball 8 when I turned it off. Tried it again and yeah... happened again. Also noticed other things. Like.... ball goes up the ramp and the locked ball shoots out, the center thing (that's a tech term, right) between the flippers pops up. But now it only stays up for maybe 3 seconds. Before it would stay up for maybe 10 seconds? Nothing seems work like it did. the spy hole opens for no apparent reason. And you know when you get a free game the (don't laugh, I don't know what its called) it pops all the time.
Why would it change the game play? I may have pulled out a AA battery to see if it was a rechargeable kind. Would that change the game play?
Also, when I turn it on, it says BAD SCHLTR NENI. then changes to BAD SPLUE NENI. ?????? The heck is that?
I have the manual. Talks abou :thinking:t forward/reverse and step button. I pressed step a few times... I don't think its English!
HELP! I liked playing it better when the score board didn't work!

Hey....I think I might have played this game 25 years ago! Damn thing kept giving me free balls/games for literally hours-finally got bored and left it. Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if this was that exact same machine...

#7 7 years ago

ok. Language first. I agree. But what does the switch test have to do to changing the game play? It played perfectly fine before (except there was no keeping score).

#8 7 years ago

oh that is hilarious! I switched it to English. apparently BAD SCHLTR NENI in German means BAD SWITCH NONE in English! and BAD SPLUE NENI in German means BAD COIL NONE in English. hahahaaa!

AND I happen reset to factory settings! So its playing like it did before. With one exception. IT COSTS MONEY NOW! lol

Does anyone know how I can put it back like it was before? It seemed to have unlimited credits.

Please help because I'm running out of quarters!!!!

#9 7 years ago

ok. All set now. I got free play back. good thing because I was going to break my daughters piggy bank!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-secret-service-002-scoreboard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.