Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ImageStudio
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WP_20150123_21_08_31_Pro.jpg
WP_20150123_21_08_15_Pro.jpg
image-56.jpg
image.jpg

#1 4 years ago

I have a Last Action Hero pin that has had some modification at some time in it's life. I have been rebuilding/replacing the flippers, switches and coils. This pin currently has a double post flipper switch for the right flipper. Two black wires were twisted together and soldered on one post. The manual calls for a four post switch for the right. I cannot seem to locate a picture indicating the correct wiring. Also, there are only three wires. A picture of the wiring would be very helpful. I have included two pictures. One of the three wires and one of the switches. Original switch (left) next to the four post (right) referenced in the manual. Thanks!
image.jpgimage-56.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Hmmm There is only one right flipper, So the switch on the left should be the proper switch no need for 2 leaf switch's for one flipper, If there was more then one flipper then the 2 switch's would be needed. How is the left flipper switch wired? The right should be the same. Why change it is the game not functioning properly with it or am I missing something?

#3 4 years ago

The right flipper has been dropping out. This behavior was happening before the coil replacement. I was able to test it by directly touching the leads and the flipper engaged. I believe the issue is the switch. That said, when I ordered a replacement I used the part number listed in the manual - that's what it called for. I agree, seems like the standard two post is sufficient. I want a make sure I was not missing something.

#4 4 years ago

I'll take a picture tonight unless someone beats me to it.

#5 4 years ago

Thank you - much appreciated!

#6 4 years ago

Had the same issue, replaced the switch and cabinet buttons and solved it.

WP_20150123_21_08_15_Pro.jpg
WP_20150123_21_08_31_Pro.jpg

#7 4 years ago

Awesome - pictures speak volumes. I can now finish this in confidence. Your help is very much appreciated. BRTLKAT thanks for getting this thread going.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilton, CT
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside