Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by smersh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Can you tell me what are the major things to replace when rebuilding a power supply for a Data East Simpson. Thank you. I want to try doing this myself!

#2 10 years ago

Most DE Power supply were direct clones of Williams power supplies. A Williams system 7-11a kit will have most/all the parts you need and can be gotten off of Ed at GPE.

http://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=W711A-PEC-KIT

Note: He is currently out of the 100uf 100vdc caps (which is why the 'kit' is out of stock) so just list what is in the kit and order the piece parts.

#3 10 years ago

you have to look also to the burned connectors for GI and Vac feeding line for the 5 vcc logic

#4 10 years ago

Fuse clips!

#5 10 years ago

Thanks Guys. I have a Simpson and its blowing the 1/4 fuse to the display and the power supply board dosent look healthy so Im starting there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-power-supply-rebuild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.