• Latest reply 6 years ago by supermoot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ps1 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

On the power supply (this is in a LW3 machine, btw), are the connector CN8 pins 1 through 4 (for 6.3v AC GI) all connected/jumpered internally on the PS board or is each one its own isolated AC circuit?

I'm just curious because it looks like a previous owner of my LW3 connected the pin 1 (backbox GI) wire to pins 2, 3, or 4 somewhere else in the machine. The wire for pin 1 has been cut and I have not yet found the other end. The backbox GI works however, so it must be connected to one of the other pin's wires. I'm pretty sure it is because the connector is burned out and the pin wasn't making contact any more.

That being said, If I can't find it, is it OK to simply place a new connector on my PS and wire harness (keeping pin 1 open) and keeping it as is? Its all LED now so the current draw is much lower.

#2 6 years ago

Yes. CN8 pins 1-4 are all a common point, as is pins 6-9 on the same connector. (pins 1-4 is one "leg" of the AC voltage, and pins 6-9 are the other leg)

Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

If I can't find it, is it OK to simply place a new connector on my PS and wire harness (keeping pin 1 open) and keeping it as is? Its all LED now so the current draw is much lower.

That's fine

ps1 (resized).jpgps1 (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

excellent thank you.

#4 6 years ago

One more request, could someone share a link to a new female connector that will fit this CN8 connector. I see a million of them available and want to make sure I order the correct one that will fit this connector. Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,800 (OBO)
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,377 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-power-supply-question-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.