Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by knapejor
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200209_110702 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200208_065752 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200208_065651 (resized).jpg
    flippers (resized).JPG
    IMG_20200207_174644~2 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Hello,

I wanted to replace the plunger link on my Data East Star Wars machine, but I just don't seem to understand how I can remove the old link. (Including the bushing)

I have attached a photo of the part I am talking about, the red circle shows the part I can't seem to get loose.

Can anyone give me some direction here so I can replace it?

(I only have a replacement plunger with link, no complete assembly)

Thank you!

IMG_20200207_174644~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_174644~2 (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

You can drill it out or get a replacement kit like i did.

https://pu-parts.com/data-east-flipper-rebuild-kit-11-89-to-02-93

flippers (resized).JPGflippers (resized).JPG
    #3 4 years ago

But why do they sell the links and bushings for this separately if you can't get them out normally?

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Roverius:

https://pu-parts.com/data-east-flipper-rebuild-kit-11-89-to-02-93[quoted image]

2 springs???? don't think id go that route!

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Roverius:

Isn't just a roll pin that's holding it together? If so, just knock it out with an appropriately sized punch tool.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Isn't just a roll pin that's holding it together? If so, just knock it out with an appropriately sized punch tool.

I don't quite know, there should be a bushing in the middle of the plastic part.

When I look at the top I don't even see it so I believe it is 'clamped' in the inside.

IMG_20200208_065651 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_065651 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_065752 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_065752 (resized).jpg
    #7 4 years ago

I have a old hinge and those parts are bolted togheter. I will see if it also has some kind of bushing.
    If so, i will look for a way to disassemble it.

#8 4 years ago

I have checked the parts i have and it is only bolted togheter. In the plastic part, there is a bushing.
    Or, you have a part from another pinball or the bushing in the plastic has moved up.
    Do you see the bushing on both sides of the plastic part or only one side?

Maybe you can use a thin sawblade and to saw it out.

IMG_20200209_110702 (resized).jpgIMG_20200209_110702 (resized).jpg
    #9 4 years ago

Your pawl is just malformed from someone tightening it a lot, put a large flat blade screwdriver in there and twist to reopen the pawl and the link should slide out. Save the bushing as replacement links might not come with them.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

2 springs???? don't think id go that route!

I have ordered a replacement spring, this is a temporary solution.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from slochar:

Your pawl is just malformed from someone tightening it a lot, put a large flat blade screwdriver in there and twist to reopen the pawl and the link should slide out. Save the bushing as replacement links might not come with them.

Bingo! Thank you all very much for the help, I got my machine up and running again!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-plunger-replacement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.