View topic image gallery

IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
file-2 (resized).jpeg
file-1 (resized).jpeg
file1 (resized).jpeg
file1 - Copy (2) (resized).jpeg
file (resized).jpeg
Sight_2017_03_16_222300_543 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider terryb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

Issue 1: I presume the champagne kicker is immediately firing upon power up. If that is the case check Q4 on the ppb for a short.

Issue 2: You are correct, sounds like you're not getting the low power voltage. There should be a schematic of the solenoid power in the manual.

Issue 4: Go into switch test and see if the switches are working. Check for bad bulbs.

Issue 6: Clean and reseat all connectors to the board (both ends). Reseat any socketed chips on the board. Make sure the board is properly grounded (all of the mounting screws installed and tightened).

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

The 9 volts for the flippers are attached to a grey/green wire that goes directly to the power board. I don't know the easiest way to check it, but I do have a DMM, and used it to check the voltages on the check points that are on the power board itself and they seem to be in check. Maybe I need to rebuild that entire plug that the 9 volt wire is built into?

Have a look at the following for troubleshooting flipper issues: http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Data_East/Sega#Flipper_Issues

Quoted from metalkatt:

How do I check the Q4 for a short with the DMM? Still new to using it and not sure what reading I'm looking for. I know it acts as a switch and I think the outer legs need to be the same reading, otherwise if one is different, that means one side is closed??

The following link provides info on testing transistors (towards the bottom of the page): http://pinballrehab.com/1-articles/solid-state-repair/tutorials/120-electronics-tutorial-transistors

Quoted from metalkatt:

Right return switch - the ball runs over it on its way to the flipper - is reading as the Right coin, instead(ugh), and the Right outlane switch - right ball drain - is reading as the credit button!! ....so, now I understand why everytime it was draining out that lane the game would end abruptly. Now what?!? On the handy dandy switch matrix, each pair seem to be in the same row so that makes things interesting....

Make sure that only one switch is indicated on each of those tests. Very different problem if two switches are indicating rather than one. If it is only one then check the switch matrix diagram in the manual and verify the switches have the correct wiring going to them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider terryb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-playboy-35th-issues?tu=terryb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.