View topic image gallery

IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
file-2 (resized).jpeg
file-1 (resized).jpeg
file1 (resized).jpeg
file1 - Copy (2) (resized).jpeg
file (resized).jpeg
Sight_2017_03_16_222300_543 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

Issues 3 and 5 are solved.

What were the fixes?

Any other issues fixed so far?

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

The coil is new. PPB is new, aftermarket. Running a Rottendog MPU, XPIN Power board.

Why all these new boards? Who made the PPB board?

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

Yeah, going to do some more voltage checks on the wires going to the champagne launcher and compare it to the other coils in the group. I'm not sure whether the power line goes to the banded side of the coil. My coil is new as I rebuilt that too.

What is your result? More importantly, what ohm reading did you get on the champagne launcher with power off? If there is a diode on this coil, make sure it is not broken.

1 week later
#18 7 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

Yeah, going to do some more voltage checks on the wires going to the champagne launcher and compare it to the other coils in the group. I'm not sure whether the power line goes to the banded side of the coil. My coil is new as I rebuilt that too.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

What is your result? More importantly, what ohm reading did you get on the champagne launcher with power off? If there is a diode on this coil, make sure it is not broken.

What are the results?

#19 7 years ago

Can you post a picture of the champagne coil with the wiring attached? I hope the direction of the diode is visible in the picture as well.

1 month later
#23 6 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

When I hold down the right flipper button and the ball hits the upper right pop bumper, it triggers the VUK to activate(no ball in the VUK), which causes the game to shoot out another ball into the launch ball area, thinking there was a ball launched from the VUK into the grotto holding area, so while the one ball is in play, there is another ball waiting to be shot into the playfield. It's back to the drawing board again...maybe someone might have had a issue similar?

Sounds like you may have a diode that is shorting against metal causing the switch matrix issues. Also, It seems possible that your pop bumper switches are too close that tell the machine to fire the coil.

2 years later
#26 4 years ago

Just checking on your progress.

#28 4 years ago

Can you report the last repaired issues so it can help others?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 18.95
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-playboy-35th-issues?tu=pinballmaniac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.