6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by metalkatt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StotzBotz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hello friends. I was hoping someone would know what might be going on with my machine. It's a Data East Playboy 35th Anniversary edition. It has a new motherboard / CPU and digital display board by Rottendog. The power and driver boards were rebuilt by Coin Op Cauldron. I had been playing it today and it was fine. When it went to multi ball and everything was going on with all 3 balls flying everywhere the machine suddenly stopped working. The flippers would not work, the display went black and the music still played but in a non game playing type of mode. I opened the top up to see if wiggling any of the connectors on any of the boards would change anything but to no avail. On the cpu, the led light marked 5 volts was lit if that means anything. It almost seems like it had a tilt switch trip. This machine was played in multi ball the other day without a problem but about 5 days ago it did the same thing when just starting in multi ball. I did check the voltages at the test points on the power board and they are correct when this problem occurs. I was just playing it earlier in single ball mode and it did the same thing. There were only 2 test points on the CPU that I could check and their voltages were correct as well. If anyone would have any suggestions as to what i could look for with a problem like this I would be most grateful. Unfortunately this machine recently traveled from Florida to Pennsylvania then back to Florida again because of a certain person who purchased it then changed his mind because there was some tiny age bumps in the protective sticker like cover that goes over the front part of the play field. Typical of a machine like this of nearly 30 years of age but he wanted new out of the box condition. It never had this issue when it left here as we played it quite frequently.

#3 6 years ago

I Tripped both tilts while the game was working and they both function properly and result in a different outcome. The Slam tilt instantly tilts the machine and the pendulum tilt you have to hit several times before it will totally tilt the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 27.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StotzBotz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-playboy-35th-ann-shuts-down-when-in-multi-ball-help?tu=StotzBotz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.