• Yes, I have one. 570 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 280 votes
    29%
  • Considering buying one or more. 84 votes
    9%
  • No, never 44 votes
    4%

(Multiple choice - 978 votes by 936 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
67312872-3690-4A0C-A367-BFA047062595 (resized).jpeg
20240325_112554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
0315241421.jpg
0315241430.jpg
0315241420.jpg
R&B Problem Solving (resized).jpg
received_7209732659109600.jpeg
received_412878897897607.jpeg
received_7503193196399245.jpeg
received_925266752300128.jpeg
IMG_6450 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zahner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1214 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Went to purchase the EnerGI Maestro a month or so ago but had to sign up to be on a waiting list. PM'd maker, and he said that he just sold the last one and now has to wait for new group of buyers before his next run. Told me it could take up to 3 or 4 months. As an update, I just checked with him and the waiting list is about half way there.
So, my plea to all DE owners is if you ever thought about buying one of these then now is the time! Help me get mine faster by signing up on the waiting list. Selfish motives - of course, but you'll benefit also. Get rid of all the clicking during GI changes and also adjust dimming/flashing to help avoid the seizure inducing flashes that DE games can have with LEDs installed.
Learn about it here: https://sites.google.com/site/energimaestro
Sign up on the waiting list here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfnci_UqqFLH8AF7CiGq_aPceyLlusw0XluQEeJnGR-PyJ-qQ/viewform

As the owner of one of these boards, I can only echo Tantrum. The play after installing was much less disturbing: flashing LEDs no longer obnoxious, no clicking. Easy install and adjustment. Overall a must-have addition if you convert to LED.

7 months later
#1536 4 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

I added two spotlights to my DESW - on the top nut of each sling.

Ditto for Tommy. One such setup on each side.

6D952E33-9DBF-4846-9E99-798DA373CCE5 (resized).jpeg6D952E33-9DBF-4846-9E99-798DA373CCE5 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1578 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Thank you all for the quick responses! Another fun side project. I like the idea of using a screw and nut for new plastics. Appreciate the support.

They make a smooth domed head small screw, with a very small Allen wrench hole in the top. I’ve used those when replacing rivets with nut and bolt on plastics where the nut is hidden. It looks like a rivet except on close inspection. I pick them up at the local ace

#1583 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Spotlights added to tmnt after a thorough playfield cleaning that involved removing the playfield protector, and touched up some high wear areas. Also did a crap ton of other stuff...but I don't need to put everyone to sleep. Left side of pic is before all the work, w/o spotlights.[quoted image]

Nice. Spots are so helpful, and I kind of like the way they look on pins from this era and beyond.

2 weeks later
#1603 4 years ago
Quoted from Troostr:

New to the club!

Welcome aboard. There are a ton of awesome DE games. I’ve been collecting for 25 years, and when I started I didn’t know a Bally from an Atari. And so other than a Phantom of the Opera, I never bought any DE games. I bought a Tommy in 2018, and now I’m hooked on DE. So many great games.

3 weeks later
#1662 4 years ago
Quoted from t2:

I'm getting two ballls ejecting on each each ball on my tftc. Trough issue? Diode? Any help appreciated. Thanks

Check the outhole and through switches. 90% of the time this happens it’s something mechanical or easy to spot. Is it also thinking the ball is immediately over or anything else weird? My money is a wire or stuck switch.

1 month later
#1745 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Lined up my early DE pins tonight, my friend says I have issues..[quoted image]

Jealous. Super nice. Loving the Time Machine in particular. Someday...

1 month later
#1894 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m wondering if the the keeper is supposed to be in the front.

4 months later
#2118 3 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Anyone know where I can find one of these latches? I’ve looked in the usual places and can’t find one
[quoted image]

I know Marco usually has them. Did you try the Arcade Boneyard. Always worth a look. http://thearcadeboneyard.com/

1 month later
#2177 3 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Been doing a cabinet overhaul and decal install on a TFtC. Playfield obviously removed for the project. Game played fine prior. Reinstalled playfield and fired it up. I have no controlled lamps (inserts, Etc.) and its blowing the 8A slo blo fuse (blue white) wires above the bridge rectifier. I don't visably find a short. I replaced both bridge rectifiers last night, but the problem continues. These two boards are installed. If I try a 5A circuit breaker on the bridge fuse it pops right off. If I try a 20A circuit breaker, fuse F4 on the Rottendog will blow. Any other directions to troubleshoot?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I bet RYSR is correct, but if that does not resolve your issue, inspect your plugs. I almost blew up my Tommy when putting in a color DMD. It is easy to reverse the two prong power plug on the thing, and that’s what I did. Caught it on my double check after watching an install video by a fellow who did blow up his game by flipping the plug. When I did my cabinet redo I somehow flipped the ribbon cable. Was not catastrophic, but I spent a bit of time trying to figure out why my blinders stopped working. And that’s just on one pin!

5 months later
#2343 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I am on the fence about selling my PoTO. It's my only DE game. tell me why I should or should not. LOL
Chris

I regret selling mine. Great sound, light effects and folks loved playing it. If the gold paint is in decent shape and the game otherwise generally good, consider keeping it - you’ll likely never find another one with decent paint. If you keep it, get a CLIFFY mirror for it.

7 months later
#2540 2 years ago
Quoted from AgentX:

I'm currently neck-deep in what's turning out to be a pretty major DE Hook restore/repair/rebuild. Still on the fence about how involved I'm going to get on the ugly cabinet, but I've been lucky that the playfield itself is in pretty sweet condition. Yay for old school factory clear coating.
Another lucky tidbit, the last owner had already replaced both MPU and power supply boards with Rottendog.
Ramps and plastics leave a lot to be desired. Here's my photo album of all the work done so far:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PwsyNGMN8majTuE19
-Kasey

quite the job ahead, but looking good. The PF actually looks pretty good. That cabinet is an amazing mess. Maybe you should just go rustic and make it a recovered relic theme cabinet!

4 months later
#2684 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Back in the Data East club!
Brought home a Simpsons today. Need to get it set up and make sure it's working. Came with NOS plastics and some other surprises!
Chris[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Always liked this game. One of the first pins I ever bought. D’oh!

1 year later
#2993 76 days ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Has anyone put a PinSound shaker in one of their DE titles?
I know it's a frivolous item as well as the thought of putting one in a R&B. But am pondering it...
It's used to good effect on the JP.

I put one in Tommy. It activates at pre-programmed intensity levels to various sounds identified as triggers. I had a Pinsound board, so it was all pretty simple and has worked without fail and to great effect for the last several years. No complaints here.

1 week later
#3015 63 days ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

How much fun is the Data East Simpsons machine? I've only played it once or twice on location a long time ago.

One of my first pins. Simple, but fun to play and funny to boot with cool pop bumpers and great callouts. I would buy another if I had the room. Not as challenging as say a Flash Gordon, but a fun game that most enjoyed while I owned one.

#3016 63 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Crypt is a good layout, Tommy I'd like to give a long term test. Secret Service has great call outs and light lightshow, the ramp shot is tough for me to make for jackpot but have several times.
Time Machine is excellent and don't overlook Laser War for cheap fun.

I’m a DE fan. Lots of cool games with great attributes. For me, Tommy is the one to beat. With the updated code, the blinders and potential to upgrade the music (with Pinsound) and speakers, it’s a mode monster and fun to play.
My second favorite DE is Torpedo Alley. Great fun with great sound and light effects. Time Machine is a great runner up. Love the physical chimes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 29.99
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 18.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zahner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-pinball-club?tu=zahner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.