• Yes, I have one. 570 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 279 votes
    29%
  • Considering buying one or more. 84 votes
    9%
  • No, never 44 votes
    5%

(Multiple choice - 977 votes by 935 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

67312872-3690-4A0C-A367-BFA047062595 (resized).jpeg
20240325_112554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
0315241421.jpg
0315241430.jpg
0315241420.jpg
R&B Problem Solving (resized).jpg
received_7209732659109600.jpeg
received_412878897897607.jpeg
received_7503193196399245.jpeg
received_925266752300128.jpeg
IMG_6450 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6449 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2270 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topmoose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from FirebrandX:

I changed the settings and it finally started showing up.

What specific settings did you change? I have mine set to maximum number of possible extra balls, Special = extra ball, etc. and have had neither an extra ball puzzle award nor a Rocky hat trick in over a year.

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from FirebrandX:

Really? What Rom version do you have? Mine is that unofficial 3.something (can't remember exactly). You might want to try a factory reset and a battery wipe. I vaguely remember someone having a similar problem, and it took a full reset like that if I remember correctly.

I have version 3.2 installed. I did a factory reset a while back and got Rockies and extra ball puzzle rewards for a few games, but then they stopped. Also, it's set to free play but for some reason flashes "Insert Coins" in attract mode. I got my chips from ThatPinballPlace.com. Where did you get yours?

#156 9 years ago

Thanks, Classicgamefan. Adj. 4 is set to Extra Ball and my replay awards are at 100M, 250M, 400M and 550M. Adj. 6 is set to 9 extra balls, Adj. 17: no replay boost, Adj. 42: Extra ball Percent 50. Audit 21 is showing Special Percent 00. Does something seem off that would be effecting Rocky or the puzzle?

#158 9 years ago

I'll try raising the replay awards and let you know. I do get Special puzzle rewards, btw, But not Extra Ball puzzle rewards. Audit 26 shows 689 plays since my last reset. Thanks!

1 month later
#167 9 years ago

It's been about a month, so I thought I'd report back about my R&B extra ball issues. I've tried raising the first reward threshold to 200M and tried having only one replay award. The adjustments are set to:

Adj. 4: Extra Ball
Adj. 6: 9 extra balls
Adj. 17: no replay boost
Adj. 42: Extra ball Percent 50.
Audit 21 Special Percent 00.

Sadly, all the problems persist:

1. No sign of Rocky in the backbox
2. No extra ball puzzle awards
3. The extra ball light at the Aesop hole works, but doesn't light during play

I should also mention that Extra Ball has never shown up as a Mystery Award or a Super Mystery Award. I didn't know that was possible until classicgamefan mentioned it. Any ideas? What can I test next?

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from classicgamefan:

What do you see for Audit 13: Extra Ball Percent?

#172 9 years ago

Thanks for checking on that, Classicgamefan - I think we need a revised home edition ROM. Anyone know how to code?

2 weeks later
#174 9 years ago

Classicgamefan: I had a really long game on R&B last weekend and made it through two cycles of puzzles - and at the end of the second cycle, the Extra Ball puzzle reward came up! And when it was completed, Rocky jumped up in the backbox! Thought you'd like to hear about it.

1 month later
#202 8 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

I recently bought my first, adventures of rocky and bullwinkle. I have ordered a couple of parts for it that were missing. I have it at the in-laws right now and have gotten all my nephews hooked on it. Color DMD would be cool, where it would do the different color animations.

Totally agree and i'm hoping that R&B is one of Color DMD's secret projects for this coming year. Since you just got your machine, you may be interested in the instructional/game demo video I recently posted on YouTube. Enjoy!

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Great and informative video. I think I need to check the level on mine, about 1 out of every 5 shots that go up the ramp actually make it around they go all the way to the curve and come back. also should the laser kick always sent it back to the top rollovers? mine doesn't, also probably due to being to high in the back.

The right ramp is really steep and often difficult to get up. On my machine I find that it's easier to backhand the right ramp from the right flipper. Because the left ramp takes that weird turn on the way up, it's not unusual for the ball to lose momentum and roll back down. The game might be quicker if it's pitched high, but those ramp shots become impossible. I got a free bubble level app on my iPad and set the playfield at 6.5 degrees, which seems to work well.

My laser kick hardly ever makes it around to the top rollovers - sometimes it gets as far as the right orbit switch or, if I'm lucky, knocks down a drop target or two. I don't think it's designed to make a "figure eight" orbit like Skateball or Flash.

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

I asked about the kick, because in the video, it did. also did you use the included level, or just your ipad. I didn't really use either, I just set it the best I could at that time, it was only supposed to be there a short time, but the remodel issues at my house are taking longer than planned. (like they always do)

I know how those remodeling projects go

I used the built-in levels for a while but then decided to check them and discovered that mine are out of whack.

I hadn't noticed the kick in my video! That move is highly unusual.

1 week later
#213 8 years ago

I've decided it's time to say goodbye to my Rocky & Bullwinkle and find it a new home. I'm asking $2800 (which is a lot less than I put into the restoration) but I'm open to offers. Please check out my ad and send me a message with questions or if you'd like more photos. It's posted above, but you can find a video of this machine here:

Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/21294

#216 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dang that's one slick vid. Have you done vid production before.

Thanks! I know my way around iMovie and Adobe Illustrator.
If I can interest you in the machine, shipping is definitely an option.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 18.95
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topmoose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-pinball-club?tu=topmoose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.