• Yes, I have one. 570 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 280 votes
    29%
  • Considering buying one or more. 84 votes
    9%
  • No, never 44 votes
    4%

(Multiple choice - 978 votes by 936 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
67312872-3690-4A0C-A367-BFA047062595 (resized).jpeg
20240325_112554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
0315241421.jpg
0315241430.jpg
0315241420.jpg
R&B Problem Solving (resized).jpg
received_7209732659109600.jpeg
received_412878897897607.jpeg
received_7503193196399245.jpeg
received_925266752300128.jpeg
IMG_6450 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider preacher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2822 1 year ago

hi!

another ball through error on my JP. The last switch acts up (the one that registers the 6th ball). it´s like the ball don´t cause the small wheel at the end of the switch blade do drop significantly to register. I´ve tried to bend the blade but to no avail. It´s like the blade needs to be in the right shape to let the ball pass over the wheel and not get stopped by it, and of course it has also to be low enough to register. (kinda hard to explain in a second language).

Below are two pictures, one when the balls sits at its correct place and the other when the ball get stuck behind the small wheel at the end of the blade and the switch dont register.

Is there another (cheap) way to solve this issue other than keep bending the blade until it´s perfect or order the opto through thingie?

Anyone who has a picture of their perfect working switch?

(the switch is brand new).

/J

IMG_6174 (resized).jpegIMG_6174 (resized).jpegIMG_6175 (resized).jpegIMG_6175 (resized).jpeg
#2827 1 year ago

@Catch86, @snyper2099, vec-tor and @scootss; thanks!! this was news to me that there was different "resistance" in the switches

well, the thing is that the old switch started to act up i a similar way, so I thought the switch was failing so I took a similar one and replaced it. Looked through the old pre-photos and the old one was a E63. So I´m gonna swap the switch back to it´s original configuration. Thanks again for the help!

IMG_5874 (resized).jpegIMG_5874 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#2841 1 year ago

hi!

(posted this in the Jurassic park thread, will try here as well)

I have a major noise issues with my JP, major dmd bizz and a smaller speaker noise. I got one of them speaker hum reducers from Canada and there was a "static burst" burst when I turned on my JP. ChanceJ told me that I probably need to rebuild my power supply. So i tested my +12V and -12V to the sound board and got like 8 and 14 (cant remeber if the plus was 8 or vice versa). (the 5V was like 4,8). Can this be the culprit? Do I need a new power supply card or can I replace any components?

and finally, can this help solve my dmd buzz?

7 months later
#2906 4 months ago

Hi!

My trough switch no3 is not working. When I test for continuity I get no connection between any legs (with the “button” pressed down by a ball). But when I remove the ball I get continuity between the outher ones.

So is the switch faulty or are the diode broken?

The game is DE Jurassic Park

Attached is a very bad photo I found in my phone.

IMG_7863 (resized).jpegIMG_7863 (resized).jpeg
#2908 4 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You can compare to the trough switch next to the one you tested.

Yes, I did just that. My first idea was that one of the wires was cut, because the switch issue happened after I lowered the playfield and some wires got caught in between the cabinet and the playfield but the wires was ok.

But I can’t figure out if the diode or the switch is faulty with my limited knowledge of pinball electronics.

#2910 4 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

The switch is ALWAYS going to be bad if you get zero continuity on any legs. A diode only prevents the signal from intruding on the other switches that share the same wire(s).
It's important to note that when you replace a DE trough switch, it needs to be a VERY SPECIFIC part. The resistance is very light on those microswitches. If you just order one that "looks the same", you will probably have tension issues. Make sure you get the correct part from Marco. Don't buy a common microswitch from Mouser or ebay because it will NOT be the correct tension for a DE trough switch and the balls will hang up on you, causing massive frustrations.

thanks man! I´ll get the E63 one.

This actually happened to me when the first switch in the through started to act up. In my delusions i replaced it with a "generic" ebayish one and suffered the same issues you wrote. Changed to a correct one (actually replaced it with the original I thought was broken and it has worked flawless since).

On a Marco note, as I live in northern Europe, I´ve ordered from mainly Sweden based suppliers or the ones in Germany (well, I actually ordered the Judge Dredd Eagle from California, shipping was...costly..). Is Marco the best US supplier? (the reason I´m asking is because I often hear people say; order it from Marco, but never the other ones) or is it another reason?

1 month later
#2958 3 months ago

Hi!

Is there an easy fix to prevent light from an under the playfield lamp to ”leak” into a nearby lamp? When the red lamp lights up it looks like the yellow c lamp lights as well. I first thought that the diode was busted but the yellow lamp never lights up when the red is lit, it just looks like that due to leakage.

Kinda hard to explain in a second language.

/j

IMG_8149 (resized).jpegIMG_8149 (resized).jpeg
#2961 3 months ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Can you bend the red lamp holder down a little closer to the insert?

Guess that never occurred to me when inspecting the lamps earlier today. I’ll try that! Can probably bend it a lot closer.

Thanks!

#2962 3 months ago

Not sure what you mean. The red lamp is a led, the yellow is a “non-led”. The red lamp is the culprit though.

#2966 3 months ago
Quoted from scootss:

A few years ago, I bought a complete set of baffles for JP from wolffcub - It was reasonably priced and made a difference. I don't see them in that pinside store any longer, but you may want to reach out....
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/109904

oh, nice! This showed up when googleing:
https://www.whitewolfspeedshop.com/product-page/data-east-jurassic-park-light-baffle-kit

looks neat! 30 dollars are maneagable but toll and shipping will probable double that.

#2979 89 days ago

Hi!

The diodes in the 555 lamps, can they be replaced with any random diode or are there game specific diodes?

I have a box full of random “non-pinball” diodes and I like to use them to replace my broken ones.

#2981 89 days ago
Quoted from harig:

'random' diodes is a wide range- typical ones would be 1N4001 - 4007

thanks! I ordered a bunch of them from a local electronic distributor, like 20 cents a piece!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 29.99
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 18.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider preacher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-pinball-club?tu=preacher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.