• Yes, I have one. 570 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 279 votes
    29%
  • Considering buying one or more. 84 votes
    9%
  • No, never 44 votes
    5%

(Multiple choice - 977 votes by 935 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

67312872-3690-4A0C-A367-BFA047062595 (resized).jpeg
20240325_112554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
0315241421.jpg
0315241430.jpg
0315241420.jpg
R&B Problem Solving (resized).jpg
received_7209732659109600.jpeg
received_412878897897607.jpeg
received_7503193196399245.jpeg
received_925266752300128.jpeg
IMG_6450 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6449 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2270 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballjj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#979 5 years ago

hook machine,,, getting slam tilt whenever skill shot upper switch 1 gets activated , no obvious loose wire that I can see, looked at switch matrix chart both are on row 7, my simple and probably incorrect conclusion is that somewhere there is a short to the slam tilt switch? any ideas on how to proceed? thanks

#981 5 years ago

thanks for the reply, maniac 40, will try tonight, if you can share your thought process on trouble shooting this , it would be great , I infer all switches should read open without the balls, if one reads closed what does that mean? ( would you expect it be in that row ?)

#983 5 years ago

thanks always good to know the why behind the how!, maybe you missed but hook machine ( 3 balls ) not jp

#985 5 years ago

Ok no switches closed when balls are out of trough,did a manual check of all the switches they all register when closed but the slam tilt does not,will check it again with door closure switch on, otherwise thanks for further Inut

#987 5 years ago

thanks for your help, new at this and not sure of all the terminology , I think I did both tests, on active switch with no balls in trough no switches are closed , when I put the balls in the trough the three trough switches( left ,middle and right) all read closed,

when I go around the machine and manually activate the switches ( is this called the switch edge test? ) they all read out on the dmd except the slam tilt switch does not ( regardless of door closure switch status),

new to this and factors at play I do not grasp yet and the tilt switch status may be a red herring , but if there was a short in the slam tilt switch wouldn't it read as closed?

#989 5 years ago

will try to send one this afternoon , not much to see on it looks relatively new with what appear to be good connections , did not check it for continuity but took the column wire off that feeds it ( from coin door ) and still got slam tilt

#991 5 years ago

double checked the slam tilt switch it does register, it seems it would take a big blow to get it to activate during play! during game mode activated all the other switches on row 7 and pretty much all the switches the only one that triggers the slam tilt is #31

no luck with the play field tap test , the individual sling switches are ok

reading up on switch matrix trouble shooting bunch of questions. I have some fuzziness...

to check diodes on switches need to unsolder or clip one end and then resolder if good?

on the matrix 31 switch is a c7 r7 ( slam tilt(7) is c1 r7) the diodes to check would be all the ones in row 7 ? or check the diodes of the corners of the box c4r4 c7r4 c7r7 c4 r7?

Can I say it is a playfield issue or can it be a board issue? Do I need to check at the board in the back box by jumping across the matrix ? at connector 8 and connector 10 ? a diode is needed on the one end of the jumper?

any tips on getting the connectors off the board, looks like they have a little locking flap on the top that needs to get pried up, use small screw driver or other?
feel free to answer any or all for the newb!

#996 5 years ago

posted my trouble shooting issues in tech so it has a separate thread , look like board issue, thanks for all the input and feel free to provide your thoughts !

#998 5 years ago

hope this works, thanks for your help pinballmaniac would love to hear your thoughts

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-slam-tilt-phantom-need-board-repair-

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

1,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miller Place, NY
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.50
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 259.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballjj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-pinball-club?tu=pinballjj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.