• Yes, I have one. 369 votes
    59%
  • I have one or more. 172 votes
    27%
  • Considering buying one or more. 56 votes
    9%
  • No, never 32 votes
    5%

(Multiple choice - 629 votes by 613 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 407 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191011_114931 (resized).jpg
IMG_4685 (resized).jpeg
78468E2E-123D-4C0E-9293-C8D6118BA1FB (resized).jpeg
IMG_6933 (resized).jpg
20191007_133720 (resized).jpg
20191006_134133 (resized).jpg
20191007_133715 (resized).jpg
20191007_125846 (resized).jpg
install (resized).jpg
20190928_085759 (resized).jpg
20190928_085745 (resized).jpg
20190928_085645 (resized).jpg
20190928_085649 (resized).jpg
D15E356A-671A-4026-A187-C980E161A4BB (resized).jpeg
7A7D9F45-12FC-4D3B-A2AD-D0030E0FB552 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 10.40.54 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 4 years ago

3 here, SW, TFTC and LAH but am thinking of selling LAH cuz I need the room.

2 weeks later
#64 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I like the original LAH translite just as the artist intended.
No alternative artwork for me.

Fine and dandy if yours is in good shape, mine had a zillion cracks in the ink it was so dry. Looked REALLY bad so I had to get an alt.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Original translites in decent to good shape are still out there and available now and then.

Yes I know but mine needed something NOW. It was horrible to look at.

#71 4 years ago

WOW does that look nice. Never play one though. How different is it then Pinball Party?

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Have a GnR that's in really great shape. A some chew at Axl but not too bad.
I have low ceilings in my basement, and occasionally the metal tabs at the end of a playfield will lightly scrape my ceiling when I get under the hood for repairs. Stern, Bally, Williams, all the same. I CANNOT raid the play field all the way on GnR because the game sits so high in its cabinet. Is this unique to GnR or is this true with DE games in general? I'm going to have to remove the legs to flip up the play field. Total PITA.

Is your ceiling the suspended type?

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

nope. i live in a Hobbit house! I call it the shire.

must be an older house cuz people were shorter back then.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from bflagg:

I recently picked up my 2nd JP. Traded the first one a couple years back. It's a working project. I reflowed all the headers on the boards, recapped the sound board and replaced all the fuseclips. Waiting until after the holidays to pull the playfield for the real fun.....

I know your gonna have loads of fun there.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from bflagg:

Oh I know, I did it on the first one I had. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Well this one should go a lot faster then.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from FirebrandX:

PinLED makes new versions of those 128x16 displays, but they are very expensive:
http://www.pinled.de/shop/product_info.php?cPath=7_54&products_id=30

Yeah that is expensive for that small of a display. But if ya need it ya need it.

4 weeks later
#100 4 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

3 so far.. Next up, WWFRR (If I can hunt one down..damnit!)

photo 3 (3).JPG 135 KB

photo 4 (2).JPG 139 KB

Nice and not a "normal" ball plunger in the bunch.

#105 4 years ago

Anyone need a new apron? I have a NOS for sale, not for LAH though cuz it doesn't have the holes for the lights. $40 shipped.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from FirebrandX:

Does it have a kickback hole and is it on the left or right side?

I forgot about that, hole is on the left.

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from FirebrandX:

Cool I'll take it to PM

Pictures.

IMGA0626.JPG IMGA0627.JPG IMGA0628.JPG IMGA0629.JPG IMGA0630.JPG
#112 4 years ago

OK, good luck with your hunt hope you find one.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I have it on good authority that good work takes time--lotsa time...

Writing code and making sure that it's bug free, of course it takes time. Keeping my fingers crossed.

1 week later
#141 4 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

DE Fans:
My collection currently consists of: Tommy, Guns-N-Roses, Star Wars, Star Trek, and Playboy 35th.
I have new vector artwork completed for the following CPR Repro Playfields:
Tommy, Guns-N-Roses, Star Trek
I'm currently working on the Playfield artwork for: DE Star Wars
If anyone has an NOS Playfield for the following DE Titles please PM me directly and I'll be happy to add them to our line-up.....
1. DE Batman Playfield
2. DE Rocky & Bullwinkle Playfield
3. DE Phantom of the Opera Playfield
4. DE Jurassic Park Playfield
5. DE Checkpoint Playfield
Also looking for source material for the following DE Plastics Sets ( NOS or Near Perfect Only! )
1. DE Batman
2. DE Rocky & Bullwinkle
3. DE Tommy
4. DE Checkpoint
I already have Playfield source material for DE Simpsons & Tales from the Crypt.
We are also doing Tales from the Crypt Plastics.....
Stu
CPR Art Director / Partner

DE Playfields_CPR.jpg 284 KB

Great to hear Stu.

2 months later
#177 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Bought my first pin, DE Simpsons, two weeks ago. Shopped it last weekend and this week it's playing amazingly fast. I only have room for 3 pins at the moment, and was hoping for 3 different era machines. I really thought I was going to have an early SS as my first (WWFRR being my holy grail pin and would cover the 90s era), but when DE Simpsons popped up in my price range, my inner kid kicked in and bought it on the spot... and I'm in love with it.
Though I didn't want to use 2 of my 3 spaces for DE games, I'm always on the lookout for a WWFRR on this thread, so if anyone in New England ever has one, PM me.

Congrats on your first game, nothing wrong with DE games. I have 3 and they are fun.

#179 4 years ago

You might have to make your own using a scroll saw, I've made a few pieces for different games with one and it's fun to do. You want to get Lexan cuz it's tough.

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I was afraid of this. I had looked at a basic scroll saw last week through harbor freight. I'm assuming whipping out the old dremel and making a rectangle and sanding the corners isn't going to cut it (no pun).

If you had a Dremel table, where the bit sticks up, that would work. To get straight lines just clamp a piece of wood on the table to use it like a table saw. I like the scroll saw because it doesn't melt the plastic when it cuts. I also have a belt/disc combo sander and the belt part works great for getting the straight lines straight and the disc part for making the outer curve curved parts nice and curved. Did I say curved enough times there. Those two machines make it easy to make nice plastic pieces. A small drill press is nice to have also.

1 week later
#183 4 years ago

Yes a fine tooth coping saw works great too, it doesn't generate heat as it cuts that would heat the plastic and bind the saw blade. Good call.

1 month later
#195 4 years ago

That looks nice, I can't use my topper either for the same reason.

1 week later
#211 4 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Have had a DE Star Wars for about 19 years. We have always enjoyed it. Just put in a new DMD and power board. About to bite the LED bullet soon. Any suggestions on what color theme to go with would be appreciated.
Rob

Rob, I posted in the Star Wars Club for you.

1 week later
#215 4 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I've decided it's time to say goodbye to my Rocky & Bullwinkle and find it a new home. I'm asking $2800 (which is a lot less than I put into the restoration) but I'm open to offers. Please check out my ad and send me a message with questions or if you'd like more photos. It's posted above, but you can find a video of this machine here:
ยป YouTube video
Thanks!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/21294

Dang that's one slick vid. Have you done vid production before.

#217 4 years ago

It shows, I had my own small vid production company for 25 years, non broadcast stuff, that's how I could tell. Beautiful game but I'm trying to sell my LAH to cut the herd and make some room. 16 is just to many for my room. GLWS

IMGA0899.JPG

IMGA0902.JPG
IMGA0900.JPG

These are just a few of the the videos I've produced in the past few years.
IMGA0004.JPG

1 month later
#244 4 years ago
Quoted from Daz66:

I have Lethal Weapon 3.
My personal best which i scored yesterday.
I have owned this game for about six years and the only issue was replacing the display board.
Still enjoy playing it almost daily20150710_1021462.jpeg

Good going, that's triple what I've ever put on that game but you really need a glare guard on it.

1 week later
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Ended up rewiring the harness from the transformer up to the back box. Found where there had been overheating in the past and came across a couple wires in the black conduit that had exposed wires I can't believe the game was even working. Someone had over fused it at some point and there must have been smoke rolling out of this thing.
Replaced that burned up power supply with a new one, and now I'm waiting on the left wire form to get back from powder coating.
I could use some replacement plastics for this game if anyone has some they want to sell.
Dan

IMG_20150725_144537.jpg

FYI, when you upload a picture there's a box you can select to rotate your picture.

3 weeks later
#269 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I've owned a Robocop, LAH, StarWars, StarTrek, TFTC, RR and PHO but they are all gone. I'm back in today with a Secret Service and its amazing, I never played it before and was really suprised how much fun it is. I'm looking for a Laser War

Good ta have ya back.....probably just for a little while.

2 months later
#288 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

image.jpeg image_1.jpeg image_2.jpeg image_3.jpeg image_4.jpeg image_5.jpeg image_6.jpeg image_7.jpeg

Oh would you stop it.....you know your making people here seriously ill with beautiful pictures like that.

#290 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hehe. I still can't believe I actually have this. I have a pristine cabinet as well. So 2016 will be the year of the CQ Tommy rebuild. I can't wait.

DANG!!! U DA MAN.

1 month later
#314 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Some Data East games offer the ability to print out audits if you hook up a printer. I am curious, does ANYONE still do this today?

Good question. I have no need that's for sure.

1 week later
#331 3 years ago

Well I'm down to one DE, Star Wars, LAH went to a new home today.

3 months later
#352 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I just finished my Torpedo Alley. Being a submariner I knew I'd like the finsihed product but didn't know I'd like it this much. Added the custom parascope topper with a blue GI and two flashers. After two months of love (and money) it ready to play.

IMG_0568_(1)_(resized).JPGIMG_0567_(1)_(resized).JPGIMG_0570_(resized).JPGIMG_0572_(2)_(resized).JPG

WOW!!! More pictures please.

#355 3 years ago

That looks like a fun game and I love the art on the pf. Hows the audio?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Commack, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside