• Yes, I have one. 570 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 279 votes
    29%
  • Considering buying one or more. 84 votes
    9%
  • No, never 44 votes
    5%

(Multiple choice - 977 votes by 935 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

67312872-3690-4A0C-A367-BFA047062595 (resized).jpeg
20240325_112554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
0315241421.jpg
0315241430.jpg
0315241420.jpg
R&B Problem Solving (resized).jpg
received_7209732659109600.jpeg
received_412878897897607.jpeg
received_7503193196399245.jpeg
received_925266752300128.jpeg
IMG_6450 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6449 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2270 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaybeedee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#867 6 years ago

I've got a DE Time Machine, which has just had a bit of overdue attention and all working pretty well now. The only thing I need to get now is a replacement lift trim for the back glass. It seems that the 28.5" ones advertised are deeper than the black plastic one on my machine. Any ideas on stockists or availability

8 months later
#1047 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

General data east question....

I can't seem to be able to get into the adjustments menu.

I can get in diagnostics and cycle through no problem...but when I press in the other button I still get the diagnostics menu.

Everything on the outside seemed OK so I took off the bracket that holds the two buttons for the adjustments and diagnostics. There doesn't appear to be any issue and the solder points are very strong.

Anyone else have a hard time getting into the adjustments menu?

Thanks

Try locking or unlocking the backglass lock - from memory there is a switch there that interacts with the adjustments

2 years later
#2124 3 years ago
Quoted from BrettRS:

I had to take the display off to get it down my stairs and I think I may have either messed

On the CPU board (for Time Machine anyway) there are 2 4 pin connectors near the bottom of the Left hand side which can be put back on the wrong pins. Don't ask me how I know.

#2126 3 years ago

Kick out coil could be a transistor or the relay on the PPB . Have you read pinwiki on Data East.

Do you know how to use the test buttons in the door ?

#2131 3 years ago

OK, I'm mystified. Can a transistor be half working?

My Time Machine had the outhole and ball trough kicker not going (and the klacker) Because I had moved it after being stored for a while and it was 2 coils in sequence had to remove the head to get it through a door I chased wiring problems but that was a red herring.

Then I tested by grounding the transistors on the CPU board and the coils worked. I replaced Q46 and the driver transistor. The Klacker and outhole now work.

I didn't replace Q45 (R02) because the Chime 1 (L02) works in test and the less soldering I do on the CPU board the better.

But the trough kicker is still not going and Chime 1 is. I know the L/R relay is working fine. What would cause the Chime to be able to work but the coil not to?

Is it possible that the transistor works with the lower load of the chime coil but fails with the load of the trough kicker coil ?

PS, thanks to whoever updated the manual on IPDB with good colour scans of the schematics - I had the copy I had downloaded 15 years ago which was close to illegible,especially on the A4 printer I had then. A3 and good scans is fantastic

#2133 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

That would be me good sir. I picked up a Time Machine with original manual and ran it through the ridiculously expensive copier at work which will also do scan to pdf format.

Now if you could just update the PPB schematic so the pin numbers on the schematic match the numbers silk screened on the board (just kidding). I was scratching my head until I realised they start the sequencing at the opposite end of the connector (on my very orginal board anyway).

#2135 3 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

I've got a lot (if not all) schematics on my website.
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Data_East.htm
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find them in the green section.
Please len me know if something needs to be corrected.

Peter

Hi Peter,
You have a great resource which I have used and appreciated. On the PPB diagram, the component layout diagram matches what I have silk screened on the board. But if you look at the circuit diagram below it shows Pin J2-9 going to Diode D1 and out to J1-1. In fact it is pin J1-1 going to diode D1.

The backbox wiring diagram also shows J2 using pins 6,7,8,9 when it is pins 1,2,3,4 used. So it seems everything is consistent within the original circuit diagrams, but there was a problem with the numbering of the PPB. The PPB has pin 1 on the LHS of the connector, whereas all the other boards pin 1 is on the right. But then the PPB is mounted upside down in the backbox so maybe tghat is how it happened ?

#2141 3 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Which wiring diagram do you mean?
I do not have a backbox wiring diagram on my website.

Wiring diagram on Page 31 of manual.

PPB diagram from your website is consistent with the one in the manual. But look at the circuit diagram at he bototm of the page, and it shows J2-9 connected to D1 (whereas on the board it is J2-1 connected to D1 and out to J1-1)

#2148 3 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

I think you are looking at the layout (and schematics) the wroung way.
The numbers at the pins on the layout are NOT the pin numbers.
Those are the solenoid line numbers.
The pins are numbered right to left.
Number 3 being the key pin.
Next to the row of dots (representing the pins) you can see one dot just a little bit higher.
THAT is where the number 1 pin is located.
When you look at all the other connectors you can see this.
Peter
http://www.inkochnito.nl

Ok. That makes sense. I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.50
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 259.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaybeedee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-pinball-club?tu=jaybeedee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.