• Yes, I have one. 570 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 279 votes
    29%
  • Considering buying one or more. 84 votes
    9%
  • No, never 44 votes
    5%

(Multiple choice - 977 votes by 935 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

67312872-3690-4A0C-A367-BFA047062595 (resized).jpeg
20240325_112554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
0315241421.jpg
0315241430.jpg
0315241420.jpg
R&B Problem Solving (resized).jpg
received_7209732659109600.jpeg
received_412878897897607.jpeg
received_7503193196399245.jpeg
received_925266752300128.jpeg
IMG_6450 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6449 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2270 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider da-shaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2 weeks later
#2558 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

Thanks all.
I am starting to suspect I have power issues.
Just a theory.
My wife noticed today that sometimes the flippers become sluggish and can’t even shoot a ball properly. Same with the plunger that cannot even get the ball out on the playfield - sometimes.
Also noticed absolutely zero flipper action on both left and right at the same time and also long delays from button push until flipper activates.
I need to try it myself but I am starting to suspect power issues here… But it feels like something else should go before this occurs but I haven’t dealt with power boards at all before so I don’t know what I’m talking about.
Does my hypothesis make any sense or am I completely lost in the wild?

If you have other coils that are week in addition to the flippers, I’d start checking the power boards capacitors. Unless all your coils are dirty and need maintenance (flipper rebuild, mushroomed plungers and dirty/broken coil sleeves)

3 weeks later
#2580 2 years ago

I’d replace the diode

#2583 2 years ago
Quoted from Bulskis9298:

I replaced the diode and still same issues?

did you check to see if you have a diode Inside your light socket. I had something similar happen to my Stern Simpsons

#2587 2 years ago
Quoted from Bulskis9298:

Diode was replaced with the band facing the same direction it was removed, I also noticed that the extra ball button light is very dim when I remove the bulb from 55

Confirming everything works as it should if you remove the light from 55?

#2588 2 years ago
Quoted from Bulskis9298:

Diode was replaced with the band facing the same direction it was removed, I also noticed that the extra ball button light is very dim when I remove the bulb from 55

Since you have 2 string of lights that are acting up that intersect with the #55 socket, I would assume there’s something wrong with your socket. Can you take a picture of your light socket and diode. Also the led bulbs your using.
You can try putting incandescent bulbs in again and see if there’s any changes.

#2590 2 years ago
Quoted from Bulskis9298:

Yes everything works as it should when bulb is removed with the exception of the extra ball button light is very dim when bulb is removed, Same issues if I put a incandescent bulb back in. I can take a pic of it tomorrow when I get done work.

My best guess is you have a short in your socket. Install a new one or swap it with another and see if the problem moves with it.

1 week later
#2601 2 years ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

I've been trying to troubleshoot why my Monday Night Football occasionally kicks out two balls, and the only thing I'm noticing in the switch test compared to the other switches is there seems to be just a tiny delay when I press those switches from when they register. Every other switch seems to be instantaneous. It's like a half a second or less but I'm sure this is what's causing the issue. Any idea what would cause that kind of delay? I'm a little at a loss.
I tried replacing all of the capacitors on those switches with new ones but that did not fix anything.
To elaborate with a little more detail: The first switch which is the out hole switch works fine. It's the trough 3 and then each switch after that that have the delay. Replacing the capacitors on those switches did not help. It's like a half second delay after you press it and then a half second delay before it stops pressing when you let it go.

The switch is probably old and dirty. I’d replace it.

#2604 2 years ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

It's not that. 2 of them are brand new a few months back, and multiple switches in the sequence have the exact same issue. The outhole is good, but trough 3, 2 & 1 all have the same weird delay.

Look and see if those switches line up in a row or column on your switch matrix schematics. If so, you should have a couple more dedicated switches to that row/column. Then check and see if those other switches have the same delay problem.

#2607 2 years ago

If this is the switch column/row in line with each other:

It goes out hole, trough 1, 2, 3, shooter Lane, Left EOS, Right EOS.

Then your problem is a switch if you don’t have problems with the other 2 switches. Did you say you put a capacitor on a switch or was it a diode?

In my experience, when 2 balls kick out it’s usually a trough switch problem.

#2614 2 years ago

Did you check the other switches in this column/row to see if there’s a delay?

It goes out hole, trough 1, 2, 3, shooter Lane, Left EOS, Right EOS.

Never mind, appears you checked them.

#2616 2 years ago

Take some pictures of your trough switches and ball eject

#2618 2 years ago

When testing your switches, are you removing the apron and testing them from the top of the play field? Make sure the trigger bar of the switch has enough rise above the play field and is not bent or getting stuck when it moves up and down. Also, the switch in the first picture looks old and suspect. I’d replace that switch and the diode. I would personally replace all switches from the beginning of trough to shooter lane. I believe you said a couple were already replaced, but your shooter lane looks old and gummy. If your shooter lane is not detecting a ball immediately it will kick out a second ball.

1 month later
#2646 2 years ago
Quoted from redmerlin:

Just picked up a Batman and it needs a DMD… anyone upgrade to a color unit and want to sell your old one?

I have a couple Stern Simpsons dmds, don’t know if it’s the same one or not. They’ll fit into my Williams Dracula.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.50
1,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miller Place, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 259.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider da-shaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-pinball-club?tu=da-shaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.