• Yes, I have one. 570 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 280 votes
    29%
  • Considering buying one or more. 84 votes
    9%
  • No, never 44 votes
    4%

(Multiple choice - 978 votes by 936 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
67312872-3690-4A0C-A367-BFA047062595 (resized).jpeg
20240325_112554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
0315241421.jpg
0315241430.jpg
0315241420.jpg
R&B Problem Solving (resized).jpg
received_7209732659109600.jpeg
received_412878897897607.jpeg
received_7503193196399245.jpeg
received_925266752300128.jpeg
IMG_6450 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

Currently in my basement is a Star Wars, Jurassic Park, and Tales From The Crypt. I love them all.

11 months later
#299 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Now the new code is out for TFTC, that game is gonna move up from sleeper status...

JP also has patch out.

1 month later
#313 8 years ago

Some Data East games offer the ability to print out audits if you hook up a printer. I am curious, does ANYONE still do this today?

#322 8 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I love Data East. Hope they get the love they deserve one day.

Doing what I can.

1 year later
#771 6 years ago

Cyrus,

One thing to keep in mind... the switch matrix is interesting in that many times, the suspected bad switch is actually fine but it is another switch on the matrix that is causing the issue. Like maybe the Slam Tilt switch (on the coindoor) or the Shooter Lane switch.

I would look at all the switches that are in the same Row and Column as the switch that you are having issues with.

Hook up your switch (make sure it is wired correctly), take all the balls out of the game, and then go into Switch Test mode and test all the other switches I have colored red. Look for anything odd.

TFTCmatrix (resized).pngTFTCmatrix (resized).png

4 months later
#848 6 years ago

I am interested in picking up a DE Star Trek. Anyone near Chicago have one for sale? Or does someone in the Chicago area have one I can borrow for 6 months?

#851 6 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

This is how rumors get started lol

Find me a DE Star Trek so it can become a reality.

10 months later
#1105 5 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

This is my Data east line-up, I doubt any of these will ever leave. When I first got into pinball I always looked down on DE games and they never stayed long but in the last 5 years or so have revisited them with a newfound appreciation, helped by Pinsound
[quoted image]

...and code updates.

1 year later
#1738 4 years ago

MY UPDATE FOR DATA EAST STAR TREK IS RELEASED!

This was quite a long process as this game needed a lot of adjustments. I hope you all like the results.

Star Trek v.3.00 update

Get it here:
https://www.pinballcode.com/

Read all the details about the changes here:
https://www.pinballcode.com/trek300

Looking forward to your thoughts on this update.

For those who don't know, on my website you will also find code updates for other Data East/Sega games:

BAYWATCH
HOOK
JURASSIC PARK
STAR WARS
TALES FROM THE CRYPT
TOMMY

2 months later
#1981 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Thanks. Now just need to find some other stuff to order so I'm not paying $7 shipping on $.50 rubber

No matter what you add to the order, it won’t include the thing you will need 3 weeks from now.

#1987 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

I posted this in the DE SW group, but am repeating here for possible additional input point of view.
On my DE Star Wars, just recently in attract mode, my machine will suddenly say “May the force be with you.” Sometimes it will repeat it immediately. I’ve owned this machine 20+ years and it has never done that before. Played a game recently and during the game got a random”May the force be with you,” and all of the game music sounds stopped (other game sounds still played). After the ball drains, the music comes on again. Any ideas what might be going on?

Your sound board is rebooting. This is a power issue. Start with re-seating all cables related to the sound board (while the power is off).

1 month later
#2056 3 years ago

For the Lethal Weapon 3 owners...

Lethal Weapon 3 v.3.00 patch has been released!

You can find it here:

You can read all about the changes here:
https://www.pinballcode.com/lw300

Hope you all enjoy this update. This one was a lot of fun to work on. The game is better than ever now!

1 month later
#2129 3 years ago

Hi all...

If you are not aware, I have been releasing code updates to some of your favorite Data East/Sega games. So far, I have updated Baywatch, Hook, Jurassic Park, Lethal Weapon 3, Star Trek, Star Wars, Tales From The Crypt, and Tommy.

You can find out all the details here:

I am writing today because I recently finished up Star Trek and Lethal Weapon 3 and now I currently have no update project (BOO!)... and I would love to do more (YAY!!!). The problem is that I need to get my hands on a game for about 6 months (give or take) to be able to do a code update. Several of the updates I have done were made possible because someone lent me their game.

Do you have a Data East/Sega game that you would like to see updated? If so, can you lend me your game? Contact me if you have one of these games and are able to lend it to me. I am in Carpentersville, IL (northwest suburbs of Chicago). Your game would be safe and sound in my finished basement alongside my other pinball machines.

Here is the current list of games I'd like to do a code update on...

Data East:
Batman
Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
WWF Royal Rumble
Guns N' Roses

Sega:
Maverick
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Batman Forever

PM me if you are interested.

1 year later
#2592 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Dont assume the diode is in correct, consult the schematic. I have run into this.

Agreed. Don't assume the the previous diode was installed correctly. Compare it to all the other lamp diodes, they should all be connected the same way. Make sure it is soldered to the CORRECT tabs and in the CORRECT orientation.

3 months later
#2673 1 year ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Hi all...
If you are not aware, I have been releasing code updates to some of your favorite Data East/Sega games. So far, I have updated Baywatch, Hook, Jurassic Park, Lethal Weapon 3, Star Trek, Star Wars, Tales From The Crypt, and Tommy.
You can find out all the details here:
I am writing today because I recently finished up Star Trek and Lethal Weapon 3 and now I currently have no update project (BOO!)... and I would love to do more (YAY!!!). The problem is that I need to get my hands on a game for about 6 months (give or take) to be able to do a code update. Several of the updates I have done were made possible because someone lent me their game.
Do you have a Data East/Sega game that you would like to see updated? If so, can you lend me your game? Contact me if you have one of these games and are able to lend it to me. I am in Carpentersville, IL (northwest suburbs of Chicago). Your game would be safe and sound in my finished basement alongside my other pinball machines.
Here is the current list of games I'd like to do a code update on...
Data East:
Batman
WWF Royal Rumble
Guns N' Roses
Sega:
Maverick
Batman Forever
PM me if you are interested.

I am still open to this if anyone wants their game to have a code update. Send me a private message if you are interested. The community will love you.

DATA EAST:
Batman
WWF Royal Rumble
Guns N' Roses

SEGA:
Maverick
Batman Forever
Apollo 13
Goldeneye
Twister
Independence Day
Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition
Lost World Jurassic Park
X Files

1 year later
#2878 8 months ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

If anyone has a colordmd and the chad 4.0 roms working together I'd love to hear from you.

All games (including TFTC) with "Chad" Rom's work great with ColorDMD.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 18.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-pinball-club?tu=chadh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.