• Yes, I have one. 570 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 280 votes
    29%
  • Considering buying one or more. 84 votes
    9%
  • No, never 44 votes
    4%

(Multiple choice - 978 votes by 936 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
67312872-3690-4A0C-A367-BFA047062595 (resized).jpeg
20240325_112554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
0315241421.jpg
0315241430.jpg
0315241420.jpg
R&B Problem Solving (resized).jpg
received_7209732659109600.jpeg
received_412878897897607.jpeg
received_7503193196399245.jpeg
received_925266752300128.jpeg
IMG_6450 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexmogil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#677 7 years ago

I just picked up a The Simpsons this last weekend, after being obsessed with it the year it was released. I love the game and the table I picked up is in great shape. One question - are all audits cleared when the batteries are replaced? For example, is there any way to determine total games played with any validity? If this game was built in December 1990, does total games played reflect all games played since that time, or does the concept of changing the battery void that number's accuracy?

20170326_160910633_iOS (resized).jpg20170326_160910633_iOS (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#705 7 years ago

Well my The Simpsons now has a new El Barto plastic, ready to be broken again and my center nuclear tower pop bumper light was getting weaker and eventually died. This little jerk right here:

Little Jerk of a Diode (resized).jpgLittle Jerk of a Diode (resized).jpg

After a bunch of troubleshooting (these lights are AC not DC duh, if I jumped the bridge without the diode the light worked fine) I was able to do my first ever diode replacement. The light works great now!

#707 7 years ago

Crap, you're right. I am looking at DC *not* AC. I even remember saying that to myself when I didn't see any significant AC voltage.

I'm new at this.

In any case I hate diodes.

#712 7 years ago

Is there any advantage to just arbitrarily upgrading the roms in my machine? I have a The Simpsons with ROMs B5-A6 and C5-A6. I saw A7 is out and about... but considering the thing is almost 30 years old there aren't any change logs or any appreciable info on what the difference is. Would there be a point to upgrading?

#717 7 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-delay-on-power-up
I'm having an issue with my LAH on start up. If anyone can help us really appreciate it.

I think the last reply in that thread had it - a cap isn't charging. If you have good voltage to the board and something is slow getting going, it really sounds like a capacitor to me.

#719 7 years ago

I did some cleaning on my play field and when I turned my Simpsons back on, half of my playfield lights were dead and my right slingshot was machine gunning when the game started, and the play logic went crazy - the game wanted me to start multi ball right after starting a game. I was panicking.

The leaf switch was closed on the slingshot and that was easy to fix, and that also seemed to cure the game logic issue. For the GI, the fuses were fine, and traced the section that was dead to the violet GI wiring, F4 fuse I think. After looking under the playfield and looking for any voltage on either side of the violet loop I went back to the power board and noticed the GI connector was burnt on pin 9 which held the violet white GI wire. I was able to cut back some of the burnt wire and put it back in the connector securely but I think maybe I should replace the connector.

Where could I find a 9 pin GI connector for a DE Simpsons?

1 week later
#721 6 years ago

I just posted this in the Alphanumerica tech thread but just in case, here it is here, too.

Hi everyone. I've read about this problem before and I've tried a couple fixes but it's not enough yet. The Princess Kashmir Right Vertical Up Kicker on my DE Simpsons is crazy inconsistent. Sometimes it kicks super hard for maybe 30 or 40 straight kicks, then it can't get the ball up the wire ramp for 6-10 straight kicks. It's really inconsistent.

I've replaced the ball cup since it seemed really worn and I have smoothed down the metal plunger with 220 grit until it is very smooth as mentioned in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-simpsons-weak-vuk

It wasn't that rough in the first place but I wanted to try some easier stuff first.

I have NOT changed the coil sleeves yet. I ordered some but they were not flanged. I just now ordered some flanged ones. That being said the sleeve seems to be in good shape, and the plunger seems to move very smoothly in it. The switch works great and is very responsive. The whole assembly is pretty clean. No apparent attempts to grease or oil the thing in the past.

I haven't swapped out the VUK assembly with the Bigfoot Left VUK, though I understand that's an option. I have not replaced the coil yet, although I have one on order.

It's just the inconsistency that's killing me here - so many times in a row that sucker will push the ball onto the ramp like it is brand new for 40 straight kicks, and then it gets weak for 6 kicks, then it's back to being strong again.

Does anyone have a good idea for the best plan of attack?

#723 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

i cleaned and waxed my sttng wire ramp, and it made a huge difference. the symptoms were the same. depending on the ball spin, it would affect momentum.

That's interesting because I'm going to order some newly powder coated rails soon, too. Thanks for the advice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.50
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexmogil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-pinball-club?tu=alexmogil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.