• Yes, I have one. 570 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 280 votes
    29%
  • Considering buying one or more. 84 votes
    9%
  • No, never 44 votes
    4%

(Multiple choice - 978 votes by 936 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
67312872-3690-4A0C-A367-BFA047062595 (resized).jpeg
20240325_112554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
0315241421.jpg
0315241430.jpg
0315241420.jpg
R&B Problem Solving (resized).jpg
received_7209732659109600.jpeg
received_412878897897607.jpeg
received_7503193196399245.jpeg
received_925266752300128.jpeg
IMG_6450 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider STLOkie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2470 2 years ago

Does anybody need any drop targets? My machine had a couple completely broken so I just bought a new set to match. These are dirty but could be cleaned and reused without much effort. Currently they have the Lethal Weapon 3 sticker.

Free! Only pay for shipping.

698E931D-BD4A-4F3B-BFC5-06DB482121C1 (resized).jpeg698E931D-BD4A-4F3B-BFC5-06DB482121C1 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#2490 2 years ago

I just finished my LW3 refurbishment and everything worked great. I put the glass in to wrap things up and then I turned it on again and saw lots of screen “noise” on the DMD. I suspected a potential voltage issue but that all checks out normal so far. I had not seen anything like this issue so far. Any thoughts?

#2492 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

That looks like your high voltage is getting to be too high. Can you measure the -112v, -100, and 62 volts on the DMD power connector?
I suspect your -112v is -124v or higher.

Wow you're good, I'm reading 132v. It's a brand new power supply that has been working fine, do you think I have a weak resister connection somewhere?

#2494 2 years ago

It is an aftermarket board. I didn't purchase it but it's a pin tek: https://ksarcade.net/pin-tek-data-east-power-supply-520-5047-00.html

I do still have the original but it is not in good shape. Been hacked up pretty badly.

#2496 2 years ago

Appreciate it, that's what I'll do. I was oh so close with being done with the refurb too. Oh well, at least I have a good lead on this final issue.

4 weeks later
#2548 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Most of the time caused by bent stand up target stops & missing foam.

I also get a lot of air balls off the drop targets on my LW3. Would be interested in one of these if you are interested in cutting a few new sizes.

2 weeks later
#2564 2 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

looking for sound board help. So I picked up a LW3 recently and the pot was shot. changed it out and sound is now working. I am getting some voice glitches from time to time. sometimes voices are not calling out when they should and then sometimes it does. A few times I was getting the tone from sound test during game play. any guidance is appreciated. I am wondering if it's the processor, pal, or the bsmt2000?
Also, does anyone have their dmd games with a stereo pot installed? All three I have just have a ground, in and out installed. Wondering if it will make a difference. Manual shows it should have been set up with one but didn't have the wiring.

I had some similar behavior. After checking all the ribbon cables I ended up replacing the sound ROM chips and it fixed my issue. I think I could have gotten away with replacing just the middle one but it was just as cheap and easy to replace them all when considering shipping. Pretty cheap and easy.

3 weeks later
#2577 2 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Need some help with the data east sound board guru's. Working on a lw3 sound board and have never had to work on a sound board before. Here is what is going on. Have music and only a couple call outs. majority of the call outs are missing. here is what I've done so far. New ribbon cables, had to replace the pot due to it being blown, redid the connector from the pot to the board, verified roms are good, pulled ram and verified good, swapped out the 6809E with a known good one, pin 4 on bsmt2000 shows high on logic probe. in sound test it can be intermittent, sometimes you get the tones from left both and right, sometimes the voice test works but says something different than what the manual says it should say. Thinking need to check the pia's on the mpu but guidance is appreciated.

How did you verify the ROMs and RAM? I had a similar issue with similar troubleshooting and my solution was simply to replace all the ROMs with new ones. I probably could have got away with replacing only the one bad ROM but the issue was tricky to isolate so it was easy and cheap just to replace all three.

1 month later
#2637 2 years ago

Great to see the chrome decal. I restored a LW3 and the chrome logo is one area that still needed updating but I didn't know how to do that. Also, such uplifting music!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider STLOkie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-pinball-club?tu=STLOkie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.