• Yes, I have one. 570 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 280 votes
    29%
  • Considering buying one or more. 84 votes
    9%
  • No, never 44 votes
    4%

(Multiple choice - 978 votes by 936 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
67312872-3690-4A0C-A367-BFA047062595 (resized).jpeg
20240325_112554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
0315241421.jpg
0315241430.jpg
0315241420.jpg
R&B Problem Solving (resized).jpg
received_7209732659109600.jpeg
received_412878897897607.jpeg
received_7503193196399245.jpeg
received_925266752300128.jpeg
IMG_6450 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 62.
#401 7 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Indypinhead, is your Bleeding Gums Murphy plastic original or a reprint? Looks like his skin on yours is a solid brown ink, mine is yellow with a black halftone over it. Interesting, I guess there were at least two runs of plastics.

I think mine is a reproduction....can't remember now. I had bought the sling plastics 5 years ago for another DE Simpsons I had owned at the time.

#402 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone selling. Would love this game for a while.

I may put mine up for a trade at some point just to see if any interesting offers come about. Not looking to sell right now.

#403 7 years ago

I replaced the 090-5020-30 flipper coils w/ the 090-5020-20T coils on my DE Simpsons.

DSC_2909_(resized).JPGDSC_2909_(resized).JPG

DSC_2910_(resized).JPGDSC_2910_(resized).JPG

#404 7 years ago

is there a list of flipper coils by strength? thought I saw it somewhere.

#405 7 years ago

Decided the basement needed a Time Machine

20160611_193039_(resized).jpg20160611_193039_(resized).jpg

#406 7 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

Decided the basement needed a Time Machine

Love the chimes in that game!

#407 7 years ago

I just buyed my first DE last month , a Lethal Weapon for 400 $

The game was working but there was no light working at all and DMD was out too.

It just need a new power suply board and a few fuses plus a very deep cleaning and its now beautiful.

That game is very well made and fun !

Mike

#408 7 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Love the chimes in that game!

The digital sound is outstanding, the guy that had it had surround speakers on stands next to it, I thought they were hooked up to the game, nope! TM has a different board than the other DE games and it makes a huge difference.
The chimes aren't through the speakers, but they make that multiball so rewarding. Of the four I own, (Laser War, Torpedo Alley, Monday Night)this is my favorite DE game.

#409 7 years ago

Anyone own a Hook? Offered one in a trade deal but have read many mixed reviews.

#410 7 years ago

For whatever reasons, it's not super popular, but I enjoy it. It's so difficult to get really high scores. Someone is in the process of reprogramming the rules. He has done this for some other data east machines and many are looking forward to it being a big improvement for hook. If it's less than 1000, I say go for it. 1200 still good in my opinion. It would have to be fully restored for 1800 in my opinion.

#411 7 years ago

+1 here. Hook is a great looking game but the scoring is so uneven and frankly messed up. I would get it, you will like it. When Chad's code is done, you will love it.

#412 7 years ago
Quoted from Jtm3:

Hook is a great looking game but the scoring is so uneven and frankly messed up. I would get it

Only thing even bothering me slightly is the cabinet is a mess..mainly just the head. Playfield is immaculate. Anybody selling or printing the cab art? I'd be happy w just the backbox art.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#413 7 years ago

Somebody in England has been blogging his refurb and he touched the whole cabinet up by hand. He was talking about scanning it and creating vinyl but not done yet.....(look back through the blog)

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/hook-the-restoration-youve-been-waiting-for.19738/page-6

#414 7 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

Somebody in England has been blogging his refurb and he touched the whole cabinet up by hand.

I have done this in the past with great results...just time consuming. There's enough pics online, I may go for the freehand approach. I am pretty artistic.

#415 7 years ago

Might have a chance to obtain a Data East Simpsons.. Anybody have an plastic scans that they would be willing to share? Seemingly a plastic set falls under the unobtainable category !
Would also love to hear some feedback on gameplay in general

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Might have a chance to obtain a Data East Simpsons.. Anybody have an plastic scans that they would be willing to share? Seemingly a plastic set falls under the unobtainable category !

DE Simpsons takes a lot of crap when compared to the Stern pin but I prefer its simplicity (not as simple as earlier 80's pins though). Tough to get jackpot as locked balls don't carry over from ball to ball. Flippers are way over-powered, prepare for lots of airballs. What plastic scans do you need?

#417 7 years ago

I actually prefer playing my DE Simpsons over playing my TZ. I like the challenge of not having a ball save on Simpsons. The game keeps me coming back for more, just like all the system 11 games that I own.

#418 7 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

What plastic scans do you need?

Not to be greedy but the more the better! I have a JP and a TFTC and find them both to be underrated games. DE's definitely a well kept secret...

#419 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

This is a game that can really kick your @$$. Multi-Ball is a challenge since you have to lock 1 for 2-ball, then lock 2 for 3-ball. Shoot the bowling pins, then the ramp shot for jackpot. Its very rewarding when you get it! Outlane extra ball feature is cool too!

#420 7 years ago

Star Trek 25th coming tomorrow but no subway ramp. I'm gonna try and rig something with either fiberglass, PVC, or sheet metal. Open to any/all suggestions.

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

is there a list of flipper coils by strength? thought I saw it somewhere.

doesnt data east have the coil pulse adjust in menue
think you can set coils to softer pulse to decrease strength.

#422 7 years ago

If there is would love to know. Game is back over my friends

#423 7 years ago

On Hook (the only thing I have to go by); Coil Adjustment is extended adjustment 36, with three settings, Soft, Normal, and Hard. Soft and Hard are 12.5% decrease and increase in coil power respectively.

BUT, I don't know if that affects the flippers.

#424 7 years ago

I just got a Tommy, what a great game. Have it sitting next to my The Walking Dead, and both my wife and I would rather play Tommy.

#425 7 years ago

I recently picked up a Tommy as well - fun to play actually much more fun than I thought it would be. The music can get repetitive when starting new games although I think I read something about randomizing it? Anyone know?

#426 7 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I recently picked up a Tommy as well - fun to play actually much more fun than I thought it would be. The music can get repetitive when starting new games although I think I read something about randomizing it? Anyone know?

Some owners install PinSound boards to change the music - there's no randomizing feature built in as far as I know. Each mode has its own music track - best way to "randomize" it is to make sure your pop bumpers are working really well so that they cycle through the modes fast.

#427 7 years ago

Recently got myself my first DE - Lethal Weapon 3. LOVE IT!
Ramps, Drops, Loops, the whole works. These games are great and easy on the pocket.

#428 7 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Recently got myself my first DE - Lethal Weapon 3. LOVE IT!

Uh...okay..okay..okay!!!

#429 7 years ago
Quoted from Number41:

Some owners install PinSound boards to change the music - there's no randomizing feature built in as far as I know. Each mode has its own music track - best way to "randomize" it is to make sure your pop bumpers are working really well so that they cycle through the modes fast.

So basically what you are saying is just dont suck at playing it

#430 7 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

So basically what you are saying is just dont suck at playing it

Haha - that certainly helps. The pop bumpers cycle which mode you can activate with the VUK and left scoop on each hit, so if they're tuned well and the ball gets knocked around up there a lot, you'll have much more interesting mode cycling. Some people complain they always get the same modes, but if your pops are good, it'll be a bit more random. Check out the Tommy club thread for more discussion and info if you haven't already!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-whos-tommy-club-can-you-hear-me-members-only

#431 7 years ago

Anyone in need of full set Tommy decals?

1 week later
#432 7 years ago

I'm just starting to restore a Lethal Weapon 3, and it sure seems with all the explosions it would be a great game for a shaker motor.
I know TFTC and JP have one, but I'm guessing LW3 code would have to updated.
I also know of at least one person working on a board that would allow you to add a shaker motor, but think that's a ways off

Anybody have any other suggestions/options?

Thanks!

#433 7 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

I'm just starting to restore a Lethal Weapon 3, and it sure seems with all the explosions it would be a great game for a shaker motor.
I know TFTC and JP have one, but I'm guessing LW3 code would have to updated.
I also know of at least one person working on a board that would allow you to add a shaker motor, but think that's a ways off
Anybody have any other suggestions/options?
Thanks!

The PinSound guys are apparently/supposedly incorporating shaker motor control capabilities into the PinSound system. If it happens it'd be a great kill-two-birds-with-one-PCB solution.

#434 7 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

y have any other suggestions/options?

Could also wire off of the flashers

#435 7 years ago

Hi guys
Can anyone please tell me
On the x-pin power supply, the 0,5 amp fuse what is all conected to this?
my dmd went out, but even when disconect red/black power conector for dmd
the 0,5 fuse blows on start up.
rest of pin seems to work good.

also posted at jurassic park club
any help apreciated

#436 7 years ago

Hi everyone! I recently picked up a Simpsons project and I'm in search of a bunch of things to try and put the game together and playable again. I can find all the missing boards and parts but the worst thing about this particular machine is there is severe burn on Bart's face where a flasher apparently locked on and melted the insert and artwork away. I can replace the insert with a new one or a piece of lexan or something but I was wondering if anyone in here knows of a source for a decal to replace the missing art on Bart's face? Looks like the people over at Pinball Decals Inc don't produce any for this title. Any help much appreciated!

#437 7 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Hi guys
Can anyone please tell me
On the x-pin power supply, the 0,5 amp fuse what is all conected to this?
my dmd went out, but even when disconect red/black power conector for dmd
the 0,5 fuse blows on start up.
rest of pin seems to work good.
also posted at jurassic park club
any help apreciated

If your DMD draws too much current, this 0.5 amp fuse will blow out.
There is a 8 pin connector on the DMD that you would need to remove to see if the 0.5 amp fuse blows out. The 2 pin red/black connector on the DMD controller board is only 5 volts going to that board.

Did you have an original DE power supply in the game? If so, what was it doing?

#438 7 years ago
Quoted from Number41:

For information, if there is more than one file in a "music folder" on your USB flash drive, one of them will be selected at random and played. So you can definitely improve your player experience with more different and/or alternate musics for the same mode.

#439 7 years ago

I've been looking for LAH lane guide plastics (Admit One) for 2 years now. Mine are faded. Anyone?

#440 7 years ago

Before I bought an XPIN power supply for my Torpedo Alley I asked my local guru what he thought of them, he said they are great and the only time he had an issue was with Jurassic Park.

#441 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

If your DMD draws too much current, this 0.5 amp fuse will blow out.
There is a 8 pin connector on the DMD that you would need to remove to see if the 0.5 amp fuse blows out. The 2 pin red/black connector on the DMD controller board is only 5 volts going to that board.
Did you have an original DE power supply in the game? If so, what was it doing?

no i had a rottendog but i changed to xpin
my JP had somethimes in bussy dmd secuences when using 2 right flippers, i had some flickering in dmd images
it looked like a power problem so i changed to xpin powersupply.

but even with all dmd cables unhooked, when i power up imedeatly the 0.5 fuse blows on xpin

and now when placing back in rottendog dmd only gives some static
but there's no blowing 0.5 fuse on rottendog powersupply.

with both bords pinball plays
but with xpin everything seems a little more powerfull/snappy (t-rex,flippers,slings,bumpers etc.)

this is my dmd now

P_20160709_154509_(resized).jpgP_20160709_154509_(resized).jpg

#442 7 years ago

anyone any idea why the 0.5 amp fuse blows, even when dmd not connected?
and why not on the rottendog board?

#443 7 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

anyone any idea why the 0.5 amp fuse blows, even when dmd not connected?
and why not on the rottendog board?

Quoted from jorro:

but even with all dmd cables unhooked, when i power up imedeatly the 0.5 fuse blows on xpin

Definitely different designs. If you have the power cable disconnected from the DMD, then the Xpin power supply needs to be sent back for warranty repair. You likely want to contact who you bought the board from or contact Xpin directly.

Can you report the voltages you see with the Rottendog power supply at the DMD?

Also, I am wondering what brand is the DMD?

Are the 2 fuses that are attached to the backbox not blown (ones above the big blue capacitor at the bottom of the backbox)?

#444 7 years ago

its a cherry dmd
not at home so i get back on the fuses!

#445 7 years ago

i have contacted xpin in the past and they are very helpful. GL

#446 7 years ago

X-Pin Power Supply deal for DMD games on eBay from K's Arcade. No warranty/returns though but otherwise a $40 savings.

ebay.com link: XP DE5047 replacement for the Data East power supply DMD Games 520 5047 0X

#447 7 years ago

It's gone. Good deal. Thanks

1 week later
#448 7 years ago

NeedHelp....I'm getting a popping sound through my speakers that is synchronized to the rapid flashing of the LEDs. Not the flashing that makes you think your going to have a seizure from the GI lighting but instead the flashing of the skill shot lights or the flashing of the scoop target lighting. I have flipper fidelity speakers and a pinsound board. I used to have a similar problem related to the rope lights but I fixed a short and then the popping sound went away. I'm not talking about the data east hum either, this is a distinct pop with every flash.
Thanks

#449 7 years ago

Btw, it's a Hook machine, but I figure the same problem could happen on any DE machine

#450 7 years ago

If any of you have been looking for the Data East shooter button housing, I just shipped some to Marco and they are already available on his website...

IMG_1171_(resized).JPGIMG_1171_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
3,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 29.50
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-pinball-club/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.