• Yes, I have one. 570 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 280 votes
    29%
  • Considering buying one or more. 84 votes
    9%
  • No, never 44 votes
    4%

(Multiple choice - 978 votes by 936 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
67312872-3690-4A0C-A367-BFA047062595 (resized).jpeg
20240325_112554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
0315241421.jpg
0315241430.jpg
0315241420.jpg
R&B Problem Solving (resized).jpg
received_7209732659109600.jpeg
received_412878897897607.jpeg
received_7503193196399245.jpeg
received_925266752300128.jpeg
IMG_6450 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 62.
#2651 1 year ago
Quoted from CryptKeeperAUS:

Hi all,
I noticed my Simpsons pin manual lists a different style/type of 5 bankndrop target assembly to what I have installed.
Does anyone know what games the one pictured is used on? Any advantage to the actual ones used in the simpsons? Not sure if the design was changed due to cost or functionality?
Cheers[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like the same one in my secret service..

#2652 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Looks like the same one in my secret service..

Cheers. Does that design work well? I have had a few issues in the past with the other style of DE drop targets but imagine they changed them for a reason.

#2653 1 year ago
Quoted from CryptKeeperAUS:

Cheers. Does that design work well? I have had a few issues in the past with the other style of DE drop targets but imagine they changed them for a reason.

DE are pretty solid on the mechs, matter of fact Stern is still more or less using them to this day. They get brittle with age and break but they all do. The only major changes I'm aware of in the "DE age" was Torpedo Alley had an oddball unit (which I have not confirmed) and Last Action Hero has a switch mounted on the unit for a crash bar.

Also don't discount the documentation being wrong, happens all the time.

#2654 1 year ago

Does anyone have a list of what rubbers are needed to redo a DE Batman? Just picked up a project and want to redo it with Titan but they don't have a 'kit' listed

1 week later
#2655 1 year ago

Hi all,

Does anyone know if BTTF should have a mini post between the flippers. It seems all of the pics I see have one, but my machine does not, although there is a divot for a post. Was that at the discretion of the operator or is my machine just missing the post?

Thanks

#2656 1 year ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Hi all,
Does anyone know if BTTF should have a mini post between the flippers. It seems all of the pics I see have one, but my machine does not, although there is a divot for a post. Was that at the discretion of the operator or is my machine just missing the post?
Thanks

I would leave it out.

#2657 1 year ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Hi all,
Thanks

Sticky switch. Replace them.

#2658 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Sticky switch. Replace them.

What switch?

#2659 1 year ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Hi all,
Thanks

Yes, it has a middle post.

#2661 1 year ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Hi all,
Thanks

Operator installable, optional.

#2662 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Trough, shooter lane, or both.

You must had misquoted someone, as DropTarget was asking about the mini post.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2663 1 year ago
Quoted from redmerlin:

Does anyone have a list of what rubbers are needed to redo a DE Batman? Just picked up a project and want to redo it with Titan but they don't have a 'kit' listed

Try here. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-batman-club-og-batman-

#2664 1 year ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Hi all,
Thanks

More game specific questions like that, you can reach more people in the BTTF club thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf-club-whoa-this-is-heavy

#2665 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You must had misquoted someone, as DropTarget was asking about the mini post.[quoted image]

Yeah, a question from DropTarget about sticky switches I think.

#2666 1 year ago

Just wanted to share me recent experience with my LW3. It had started going into random Slam Tilt and rhen reset. Often t8mes the Karate kicker and pop bumpers would start firing random and rapid and then the machine would go into Slam Tilt. Upon beginning to investigate the problem, I found that the playfoeld hanger screw had stripped out and the screw was resting on the top lug of my trough switch.. I removed the screw and played a few test games and that fixed the slam tilt issue..Here are a couple of pics of the screw in the state I found it.Thought it may be helpful to someone in the future

20220508_175845 (resized).jpg20220508_175845 (resized).jpg20220508_175847 (resized).jpg20220508_175847 (resized).jpg
#2667 1 year ago
Quoted from TiltingT:

Just wanted to share me recent experience with my LW3. It had started going into random Slam Tilt and rhen reset. Often t8mes the Karate kicker and pop bumpers would start firing random and rapid and then the machine would go into Slam Tilt. Upon beginning to investigate the problem, I found that the playfoeld hanger screw had stripped out and the screw was resting on the top lug of my trough switch.. I removed the screw and played a few test games and that fixed the slam tilt issue..Here are a couple of pics of the screw in the state I found it.Thought it may be helpful to someone in the future
[quoted image][quoted image]

seems to be a common issue as it is described on pinwiki

#2668 1 year ago

I posted a wanted ad for some parts I need for Rocky and Bullwinkle and figured I'll try here as well. I think I can fabricate the lever if I can't find one, but I'm not sure about the plunger at the moment.

The entire lion assembly is missing from my game. It looks like most parts are available except the lever and plunger.

Lever #1 515-515-5568-01
Plunger and link 515-5696-00(3)

Please let me know if anyone has these or knows a supplier, thanks.

#2669 1 year ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Thanks for all who replied.

#2670 1 year ago

After installing Pinsound on my DE Hook, What I wouldn't give for an option on Monday Night Football to leave most of the music but to add the Bills shout song when you score a touchdown.

#2671 1 year ago

Guys,

I needed to get some speaker panel latches for my DE Star Wars. When I start to look for them there didn't seem to be any available locally (Australia).

I thought I would share my solution as the shape wasn't complicated so I tried making one on my 3D printer.

Well I happy to say that worked brilliantly.

I've put the STL files on Thingiverse for anyone to use. You will find it under https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5363040

20220422_220628 (resized).jpg20220422_220628 (resized).jpg20220423_103342 (resized).jpg20220423_103342 (resized).jpg
#2672 1 year ago
Quoted from lkadlec:

Guys,
I needed to get some speaker panel latches for my DE Star Wars. When I start to look for them there didn't seem to be any available locally (Australia).
I thought I would share my solution as the shape wasn't complicated so I tried making one on my 3D printer.
Well I happy to say that worked brilliantly.
I've put the STL files on Thingiverse for anyone to use. You will find it under https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5363040[quoted image][quoted image]

Common aluminum flat stock from a big box store fits the slots perfect too. Simple 90 degree bend and your done.

1 week later
#2673 1 year ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Hi all...
If you are not aware, I have been releasing code updates to some of your favorite Data East/Sega games. So far, I have updated Baywatch, Hook, Jurassic Park, Lethal Weapon 3, Star Trek, Star Wars, Tales From The Crypt, and Tommy.
You can find out all the details here:
https://www.pinballcode.com/
I am writing today because I recently finished up Star Trek and Lethal Weapon 3 and now I currently have no update project (BOO!)... and I would love to do more (YAY!!!). The problem is that I need to get my hands on a game for about 6 months (give or take) to be able to do a code update. Several of the updates I have done were made possible because someone lent me their game.
Do you have a Data East/Sega game that you would like to see updated? If so, can you lend me your game? Contact me if you have one of these games and are able to lend it to me. I am in Carpentersville, IL (northwest suburbs of Chicago). Your game would be safe and sound in my finished basement alongside my other pinball machines.
Here is the current list of games I'd like to do a code update on...
Data East:
Batman
Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
WWF Royal Rumble
Guns N' Roses
Sega:
Maverick
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Batman Forever
PM me if you are interested.

I am still open to this if anyone wants their game to have a code update. Send me a private message if you are interested. The community will love you.

DATA EAST:
Batman
WWF Royal Rumble
Guns N' Roses

SEGA:
Maverick
Batman Forever
Apollo 13
Goldeneye
Twister
Independence Day
Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition
Lost World Jurassic Park
X Files

#2675 1 year ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I am still open to this if anyone wants their game to have a code update. Send me a private message if you are interested. The community will love you.
DATA EAST:
Batman
WWF Royal Rumble
Guns N' Roses
SEGA:
Maverick
Batman Forever
Apollo 13
Goldeneye
Twister
Independence Day
Lost World Jurassic Park
X Files

Man…I would love for you to work your magic on WWFRR. If you were closer or we were in the same country I’d consider lending my out to get the code ironed out.

#2676 1 year ago
Quoted from ChadH:

DATA EAST:
Batman
WWF Royal Rumble
Guns N' Roses
SEGA:
Maverick
Batman Forever
Apollo 13
Goldeneye
Twister
Independence Day
Lost World Jurassic Park
X Files

If you were able to do Data East G&R that would be awesome I would lend you my game but I think shipping would be a problem!

#2677 1 year ago

Hi, Everybody! (Hi, Dr. Nick!) I just bought a Data East Simpsons pinball machine. I should say, I am not a pinball person, I am a Simpsons person. I was totally not looking to buy a pinball machine, but this one found us (my husband and I) and we brought it home yesterday. We haven’t played it much because the sounds seem to scare the pets, LOL.

Anyway, I just wanted to join in and make some connections in case we have any questions. I already know that 2 of the “cooling towers” need their light bulbs replaced, but other than that, everything seems pretty functional. We do have the instruction manual.

#2678 1 year ago

Can anyone confirm if this is the right BriteButtons kit for DE games? Looking to add some on my TFTC, and not of the options specifically list supporting that game. If you don't have BriteButtons but know a kit that works, I'm open to recommendations. Thanks!

https://www.pinballlife.com/britebuttons-illuminated-flipper-button-set-for-stern-white-star-sam-system-machines.html

#2679 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Can anyone confirm if this is the right BriteButtons kit for DE games? Looking to add some on my TFTC, and not of the options specifically list supporting that game. If you don't have BriteButtons but know a kit that works, I'm open to recommendations. Thanks!
https://www.pinballlife.com/britebuttons-illuminated-flipper-button-set-for-stern-white-star-sam-system-machines.html

Check out comet, they are way cheaper. Like around $10

#2680 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyCatLady:

Hi, Everybody! (Hi, Dr. Nick!) I just bought a Data East Simpsons pinball machine. I should say, I am not a pinball person, I am a Simpsons person. I was totally not looking to buy a pinball machine, but this one found us (my husband and I) and we brought it home yesterday. We haven’t played it much because the sounds seem to scare the pets, LOL.

Anyway, I just wanted to join in and make some connections in case we have any questions. I already know that 2 of the “cooling towers” need their light bulbs replaced, but other than that, everything seems pretty functional. We do have the instruction manual.

Welcome! You'll probably find that pinball people want to help eachother, so post questions that you have.

Changing bulbs is easy...but sometimes GETTING to the bulb is hard. If you need to take off anything, take pictures with your phone along the way. Go slow. Don't force anything. And then when you're done, do the steps in reverse.

#2681 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyCatLady:

On the older Data East games there should be a volume control shaft sticking up out of a metalbox just inside the coindoor on the right. Perhaps if you twist it to lower the volume you can enjoy without upsetting the pets!

#2682 1 year ago

I have comet's on a machine, and they work fine. I was looking at the BriteButtons as they say they prevent light from bleeding into the cabinet. On the game I have comet's on, the light shines up around the shooting lane.

#2683 1 year ago

Back in the Data East club!

Brought home a Simpsons today. Need to get it set up and make sure it's working. Came with NOS plastics and some other surprises!

Chris

IMG_6359 (resized).jpgIMG_6359 (resized).jpgIMG_6367 (resized).jpgIMG_6367 (resized).jpgIMG_6369 (resized).jpgIMG_6369 (resized).jpgIMG_6370 (resized).jpgIMG_6370 (resized).jpgIMG_6372 (resized).jpgIMG_6372 (resized).jpgIMG_6375 (resized).jpgIMG_6375 (resized).jpg
#2684 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Back in the Data East club!
Brought home a Simpsons today. Need to get it set up and make sure it's working. Came with NOS plastics and some other surprises!
Chris[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Always liked this game. One of the first pins I ever bought. D’oh!

#2685 1 year ago

I do have one question. The Simpsons I got came with a NOS plastics set. It also came with these:

IMG_6391 (resized).jpgIMG_6391 (resized).jpg

IMG_6392 (resized).jpgIMG_6392 (resized).jpg

IMG_6393 (resized).jpgIMG_6393 (resized).jpg

These appear to be NOS plastiocs but are clear with a blue color background. There is no color whatsoever, and there is no backing paper on most of the plastics (One pic shows the blue covering but also what it looks like once removed)

Any idea what these were for?

#2686 1 year ago

Are the slightly larger than the game plastics? If so, they are probably plastic protectors that go under the real plastics to protect them from cracking.

#2687 1 year ago

I do have one question. The Simpsons I got came with a NOS plastics set. It also came with these:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
These appear to be NOS plastiocs but are clear with a blue color background. There is no color whatsoever, and there is no backing paper on most of the plastics (One pic shows the blue covering but also what it looks like once removed)

I’d say a test run of the plastic set. There’s a key fob out there in the blue too

1 week later
#2688 1 year ago

Looking for a black lockdown bar for a DE Simpsons machine.

Let me know if you have one available.

Thanks!
Chris

#2689 1 year ago

I have random resets in my LAH. Already exchanged the PDB. Any suggestion on further troubleshooting? I do have a PinSound and ColorDMD, but they‘ve been in there for years. Nothing recently added.

#2690 1 year ago
Quoted from oradke:

I have random resets in my LAH. Already exchanged the PDB. Any suggestion on further troubleshooting? I do have a PinSound and ColorDMD, but they‘ve been in there for years. Nothing recently added.

I do not know what you refer to on PDB. Only WPC has a power driver board. You mean MPU or Power Supply?

Most common issues for resets on DE games are capacitors on the original power supply and a burnt CN1 going to it.

#2691 1 year ago
Quoted from oradke:

The small capacitor for the 5V is known to leak and go bad. If it has never been replaced it is probably time.

#2692 1 year ago

Looking for a black lockdown bar for a DE Simpsons machine.
Let me know if you have one available.
Thanks!
Chris

Fit my DE JP perfectly. Game is on loan so I can't check the fit on my DE Simpsons at this time.
https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsegadata-east-black-front-molding-lockdown-bar-no-tournament-button-hole.html

#2693 1 year ago

Fit my DE JP perfectly. Game is on loan so I can't check the fit on my DE Simpsons at this time.
https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsegadata-east-black-front-molding-lockdown-bar-no-tournament-button-hole.html

Hmmmm.

In he description though - Fits most Data East games except the widebody games (WWF and Guns -N- Roses). A few DE games use lockdown bar #500-5021-10. Games calling for that lockdown bar are not compatible with this lockdown bar. Please refer to your game's manual or call us (847-515-3415) for clarification.

My manual calls out the Part # 500-5021-10

whomp whompwhomp whomp

I think I'm out of luck

Chris

#2694 1 year ago

One day I will test it out on the Simpsons. 500-5021-10 shows in the manual also on DE JP and the one from Pinball Life functions just fine on JP.

#2695 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

The small capacitor for the 5V is known to leak and go bad. If it has never been replaced it is probably time.

Sorry, I mean the power supply board. I got a brand new replacement (rottendog), but resets still happen.

#2696 1 year ago
Quoted from oradke:

Sorry, I mean the power supply board. I got a brand new replacement (rottendog), but resets still happen.

Is the transformer wiring setup to the correct voltage for your region? Have you measured the voltage at the outlet to ensure it isn't low?

#2697 1 year ago
Quoted from oradke:

Again, are there burnt pins on CN1 (3x4) wired connector? Easy to tell with the housing having been discolored.

Pictures of your borads are helpful too.

Measuring the 5v and +12v on the power supply are needed at this time too.

#2698 1 year ago

Again, are there burnt pins on CN1 (3x4) wired connector? Easy to tell with the housing having been discolored.
Pictures of your borads are helpful too.
Measuring the 5v and +12v on the power supply are needed at this time too.

Pin 12 on CN1 is a candidate for being burnt. Clean all the pins and if you cannot get a replacement socket, tighten the female pins in the socket so they grip the pins better to reduce heat build up.

Just had the same thing on a Jurassic Park

Skippy2904

#2699 1 year ago

Data East Time Machine

99% working as it should but Chime 3 is dead in game and in diagnostics. It shares Q43 with ball lock which is fine. I get voltage across all three chimes.
Any Time Machine owners here had similar?
I plan to change the diode out as there is no band on it as far as I can see.

#2700 1 year ago
Quoted from vulcan903:

Data East Time Machine
99% working as it should but Chime 3 is dead in game and in diagnostics. It shares Q43 with ball lock which is fine. I get voltage across all three chimes.
Any Time Machine owners here had similar?
I plan to change the diode out as there is no band on it as far as I can see.

Have a logic probe? You can go into test mode and follow the chain back to the MPU.

Have you tried firing the coil to ground with a jumper to see if it is good?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

There are 3,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-pinball-club/page/54?hl=robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.