• Yes, I have one. 346 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 166 votes
    28%
  • Considering buying one or more. 55 votes
    9%
  • No, never 31 votes
    5%

(Multiple choice - 598 votes by 583 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 342 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1442 (resized).JPG
detail (resized).jpg
20190502_170937_resized (resized).jpg
496EE2D8-A1F6-4643-9B53-7BA8AB0B08F1 (resized).jpeg
snapshot (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20190423-143807_Gallery (resized).jpg
20190423_143428 (resized).jpg
20190423_075122 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190423-081752_Gallery (resized).jpg
884B5EFE-075B-41B9-AECB-8F6CCBBE064B (resized).jpeg
C74A44A7-5D9D-4A91-926E-A71D01BECAD0 (resized).jpeg
27B3A342-A74F-4F08-B1E8-479AAAF4F533 (resized).jpeg
7D78E0A7-EF2B-48C7-A1DC-22F45F144670 (resized).jpeg
D21CE4E5-7EE4-43B3-8B67-99A0400F0AC3 (resized).jpeg
4634C160-E160-4F4B-A5F7-C17BD7EB109D (resized).jpeg
4E4485C2-5FAA-4EAB-A60B-00474986C68C (resized).jpeg

There are 1241 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 25.
#201 4 years ago

My collection has included: Maverick, BayWatch and Jurassic Park

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

I recently bought my first, adventures of rocky and bullwinkle. I have ordered a couple of parts for it that were missing. I have it at the in-laws right now and have gotten all my nephews hooked on it. Color DMD would be cool, where it would do the different color animations.

Totally agree and i'm hoping that R&B is one of Color DMD's secret projects for this coming year. Since you just got your machine, you may be interested in the instructional/game demo video I recently posted on YouTube. Enjoy!

#203 4 years ago

I was looking for the serial # of my Robocop and want to make sure I interpreted the right #. Where are they located on these Data East machines. The little gray Data East stickers, correct?

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Totally agree and i'm hoping that R&B is one of Color DMD's secret projects for this coming year. Since you just got your machine, you may be interested in the instructional/game demo video I recently posted on YouTube. Enjoy!
» YouTube video

Great and informative video. I think I need to check the level on mine, about 1 out of every 5 shots that go up the ramp actually make it around they go all the way to the curve and come back. also should the laser kick always sent it back to the top rollovers? mine doesn't, also probably due to being to high in the back.

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Great and informative video. I think I need to check the level on mine, about 1 out of every 5 shots that go up the ramp actually make it around they go all the way to the curve and come back. also should the laser kick always sent it back to the top rollovers? mine doesn't, also probably due to being to high in the back.

The right ramp is really steep and often difficult to get up. On my machine I find that it's easier to backhand the right ramp from the right flipper. Because the left ramp takes that weird turn on the way up, it's not unusual for the ball to lose momentum and roll back down. The game might be quicker if it's pitched high, but those ramp shots become impossible. I got a free bubble level app on my iPad and set the playfield at 6.5 degrees, which seems to work well.

My laser kick hardly ever makes it around to the top rollovers - sometimes it gets as far as the right orbit switch or, if I'm lucky, knocks down a drop target or two. I don't think it's designed to make a "figure eight" orbit like Skateball or Flash.

#206 4 years ago

I'm proud to be in this club. Laser War was my first beloved pin after saving and searching a long time and I will likely never sell it. My cousin just bought a perfect Monday Night Football at TPF and it's rad fun as well.

I love my LW so much I put it in a movie!
_NP all.Still197 - fb.png

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

The right ramp is really steep and often difficult to get up. On my machine I find that it's easier to backhand the right ramp from the right flipper. Because the left ramp takes that weird turn on the way up, it's not unusual for the ball to lose momentum and roll back down. The game might be quicker if it's pitched high, but those ramp shots become impossible. I got a free bubble level app on my iPad and set the playfield at 6.5 degrees, which seems to work well.
My laser kick hardly ever makes it around to the top rollovers - sometimes it gets as far as the right orbit switch or, if I'm lucky, knocks down a drop target or two. I don't think it's designed to make a "figure eight" orbit like Skateball or Flash.

I asked about the kick, because in the video, it did. also did you use the included level, or just your ipad. I didn't really use either, I just set it the best I could at that time, it was only supposed to be there a short time, but the remodel issues at my house are taking longer than planned. (like they always do)

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

I asked about the kick, because in the video, it did. also did you use the included level, or just your ipad. I didn't really use either, I just set it the best I could at that time, it was only supposed to be there a short time, but the remodel issues at my house are taking longer than planned. (like they always do)

I know how those remodeling projects go

I used the built-in levels for a while but then decided to check them and discovered that mine are out of whack.

I hadn't noticed the kick in my video! That move is highly unusual.

#209 4 years ago

Currently have a Hook.

Used to own Secret Service and Playboy 35th.

Big fan of DE's.

#210 4 years ago

Have had a DE Star Wars for about 19 years. We have always enjoyed it. Just put in a new DMD and power board. About to bite the LED bullet soon. Any suggestions on what color theme to go with would be appreciated.

Rob

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Have had a DE Star Wars for about 19 years. We have always enjoyed it. Just put in a new DMD and power board. About to bite the LED bullet soon. Any suggestions on what color theme to go with would be appreciated.
Rob

Rob, I posted in the Star Wars Club for you.

#212 4 years ago

R&B issues:
Ok, so a few new issues, when playing and getting multiball, it shows the building display, then soon after, the display goes black and shows nothing until I lose multiball, then it will restart sometimes showing the display version, sometimes not and showing the shoot right to restart multiball. I assume somewhere I am losing some voltage? Also after I lose the multiball, I am getting random Wrong hat and other sounds, when I know I haven't hit the hat targets? any thoughts?
I also posted this in a thread I have on the R&B
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pickup-rocky-and-bullwinkle-with-questions
Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated. This is the most I've paid for any machine and I bought it on the thoughts that the minor cosmetic issues were the only real issues.

1 week later
#213 4 years ago

I've decided it's time to say goodbye to my Rocky & Bullwinkle and find it a new home. I'm asking $2800 (which is a lot less than I put into the restoration) but I'm open to offers. Please check out my ad and send me a message with questions or if you'd like more photos. It's posted above, but you can find a video of this machine here:

Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/21294

#214 4 years ago

Personally, I used to hate DE games in the wild back in the early 90's. I've grown to appreciate them and love them today.

Currently own

GNR
Tommy
Torpedo ally

Used to own
SW
POTO
JP

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I've decided it's time to say goodbye to my Rocky & Bullwinkle and find it a new home. I'm asking $2800 (which is a lot less than I put into the restoration) but I'm open to offers. Please check out my ad and send me a message with questions or if you'd like more photos. It's posted above, but you can find a video of this machine here:
» YouTube video
Thanks!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/21294

Dang that's one slick vid. Have you done vid production before.

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dang that's one slick vid. Have you done vid production before.

Thanks! I know my way around iMovie and Adobe Illustrator.
If I can interest you in the machine, shipping is definitely an option.

#217 4 years ago

It shows, I had my own small vid production company for 25 years, non broadcast stuff, that's how I could tell. Beautiful game but I'm trying to sell my LAH to cut the herd and make some room. 16 is just to many for my room. GLWS

IMGA0899.JPG

IMGA0902.JPG
IMGA0900.JPG

These are just a few of the the videos I've produced in the past few years.
IMGA0004.JPG

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

My collection has included: Maverick, Baywatch and Jurassic Park

Add Star Wars to the list

#219 4 years ago

Bought TFTC about 15 years ago as a filler spot. Loved that game so much it is still here as a permanent part of the collection now.

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

I just picked up a Star Wars and Jurassic Park. Very Excited about them.
SW is missing the entire mechanism to raise and lower the target to the Death Star, so its always open. Does anyone know where I can get the parts to fix this, including brackets?

I am pretty sure I have a death star target assembly that is a little broken but could be made to work with a little love I am sure. You are welcome to it. You will need to get the motor from PBR though unless you have that part.
Shoot me a mail
I also have a shooter handle thats better than nothing ......not very nice looking and several light boards and playfield stuff around as well
Back on topic..
Data east rocks! Stereo sound, all plywood cabinet, 8 inch sub and some great titles!

#221 4 years ago

I'm in.

Now my first question: How do I set it to free play? *** Figured it out***

IMG_20150613_223851770.jpg

#222 4 years ago

Looking for a Guns N' Roses plastic. It is just to the left of the shooter lane and the bottom is a long thin solid red strip (see attached pic). Really don't want to buy a full plastic set to get this one piece. If you might have this item, unbroken/uncracked, please ping me. Will probably make a separate post for this, but thought I'd try here. My GNR looks great except for this one piece. Please help me out. If you have it available for sale, please email with price shipped to Chicago area (zip 60203). Or if you might know a place where you can buy that one piece, that would be great too. Thanks.

Edit: Can't seem to upload the pic (I think my work has the connection blocked), so I have the pic here:
http://www.missilecommand.org/misc/GNR_plastic.jpg

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
joemagiera@ameritech.net

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Personally, I used to hate DE games in the wild back in the early 90's. I've grown to appreciate them and love them today.
Currently own
GNR
Tommy
Torpedo ally
Used to own
SW
POTO
JP

Did you know that only 200 Torpedo Alleys stayed in the US? Pretty rare pin

#224 4 years ago

YUP torpedo alley is a great game too! I got one.

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

YUP Torpedo Alley is a great game too! I got one.

Interesting game. How long have you had the Torpedo Alley?

#226 4 years ago

Had it for years. Just can't seem to want to part with it. Something great about it. Its like a system 11 with better sound. Absolute pure pinball fun!

#227 4 years ago

I had no idea that the brand of a pin had anything to do with popularity before I came here. I have two pins and they are both Data East. The only reason for this is because they where both pins that got a lot of my quarters back in the day. Also I got more free games and extra balls out of them, I didn't have quarters to waste back then. It was a nice bonus that DE pins are a little more reasonable priced.

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Did you know that only 200 Torpedo Alleys stayed in the US? Pretty rare pin

I know the number that stayed in the US was low, but didn't know the actual number. I never seen or played one until I bought this one. then after I bought it, another local guy bought one, so we have 2 within 75 miles of each other now. It's the next on my restoration list for my games.

I've owned mine maybe 8 or 9 months.

#229 4 years ago

Man, that looks like a really fun machine!

#230 4 years ago

Quick question for those of you that have/had Rocky & Bullwinkle. What style of bulbs are in your backbox. Should be 555's(wedge base) and some flashers. Mine has 47's(bayonet) and 89's(large bulbs). Mine was originally sent to italy, maybe standard on the import units? Or has mine just been bastardized.

#231 4 years ago

Mine has 555's and 906's . Could be yours was early or late in production. I would not see the value in switching sockets unless one had a huge surplus of bulbs of a certain type or wanted cheaper flashing 455 bulbs in place of 47/44.

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

Mine has 555's and 906's . Could be yours was early or late in production. I would not see the value in switching sockets unless one had a huge surplus of bulbs of a certain type or wanted cheaper flashing 455 bulbs in place of 47/44.

My sn is 82811. Also the 89's take a large socket, and possibly opening up the holes that the bulbs go through. Seems to me like a lot of work also, thats why i asked if i was the only one.

#233 4 years ago

ah ha mine has 3 bayonet sockets across the bullwinkle plastic for 44/47 the rest of the gi is 555. The 906's and 89's are the same diameter but the 906's are longer and made of only glass.

1 week later
#235 4 years ago

I fixed my F-UP, thanks to all that helped. I have a new lighting issue posted in my thread if anyone has any advice. thanks

#236 4 years ago

I was out for a year until I picked up a Tommy. Great game and agree one of DE's best and my second favorite next to GNR but not a keeper game for me.

Just finished a complete tear down and overhaul on the playfield:

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Just finished a complete tear down and overhaul on the playfield:

Looks great. How far back did you take it? I'm about to do a PF swap. Anything tricky?
Have you tried a Pinsound board with the original The Who music? Phenomenal and rerates the game completely.

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Looks great. How far back did you take it? I'm about to do a PF swap. Anything tricky?
Have you tried a Pinsound board with the original The Who music? Phenomenal and rerates the game completely.

Thanks, hard to tell how nice it came out from the bad cell pics but it was pretty filthy. The last owner had it for 15 years so I don't think it saw any cleaning over that span. Everything came off and was cleaned, adjusted or replaced. I put on new targets, new mirror motor, LED's, and plastics as well as plastic protectors. Rebuilt all the flippers with new bats, etc. The normal tear down stuff. I should start a thread on this but not sure anyone really cares. The next step is the cabinet as it's pretty rough.

Nothing tricky but note some areas of how the spacers go. In particular the left and right spinners. The left has a bracket as well as a spacer and worth taking pictures.

No, but I did hear one with it in it. It sounded good. I'm not a Who fan or will be keeping this machine long so I won't be going with the Pinsound board for this machine.

#239 4 years ago

Got my GNR back from being shopped. I mention one plastic that is broken (in two places). A replacement is on its way.

Came out really nice.
http://www.missilecommand.org/Guns_N_Roses/Guns_N_Roses.html

(If anyone should spot any flaws or any other thing I don't mention on the page, please let me know).

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
joemagiera@ameritech.net

#240 4 years ago

I really like GNR. Played it a few times. But really like that the music is dependant on gameplay. Not a fan of how Stern is doing current band pins. Where you select a song, and that's pretty much all you listen to while you play. I can do that with any pin. It's called a radio.

Currently on my second Data East Pin. Growing up, I always seemed to be attracted to Data East machines. Probably because they seemed to based off movies.

But I just sold my Laser War and bought a Jurassic Park.

1 week later
#242 4 years ago

I have lethal weapon 3.
My personal best which i scored yesterday.
I have owned this game for about six years and the only issue was replacing the display board.
Still enjoy playing it almost daily20150710_1021462.jpeg

1 week later
#243 4 years ago

Pictures...pictures needed. Post your pictures.
Anyone pick up a DE game recently?

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from Daz66:

I have Lethal Weapon 3.
My personal best which i scored yesterday.
I have owned this game for about six years and the only issue was replacing the display board.
Still enjoy playing it almost daily20150710_1021462.jpeg

Good going, that's triple what I've ever put on that game but you really need a glare guard on it.

#245 4 years ago

Picked up a Data East Simpsons recently. Wasn't really looking for the title but it was just down the road and couldn't pass it up. It's not the prettiest girl at the ball, but I do have it up and running after years of obvious neglect. I have the burnt power supply working but would like to replace it at some point.

Dan

IMG_20150704_121102.jpg

IMG_20150704_121119.jpg

IMG_20150704_121052.jpg

IMG_20150704_121022.jpg

IMG_20150704_075337.jpg

IMG_20150704_121042.jpg

IMG_20150703_162136.jpg

IMG_20150704_075316.jpg

#246 4 years ago

Xpin makes solid replacement power supplies that I trust.
I also have a Simpsons that I would like to get it much better cosmetic condition. I'd just been enjoying playing it a bunch. Good fast playing game. I do like that it doesn't have a ball save. Makes it much more of a challenge to get on that high score table.

#247 4 years ago

There was a simpsons in the chicago area listed on craig's list about a week ago. It was a good price and didn't last long. Damn my wallet for being so light.

#248 4 years ago

Love my DE Playboy. Used to have a RobCop that was a beach of a lot of fun as well.

1 week later
#249 3 years ago

Ended up rewiring the harness from the transformer up to the back box. Found where there had been overheating in the past and came across a couple wires in the black conduit that had exposed wires I can't believe the game was even working. Someone had over fused it at some point and there must have been smoke rolling out of this thing.
Replaced that burned up power supply with a new one, and now I'm waiting on the left wire form to get back from powder coating.
I could use some replacement plastics for this game if anyone has some they want to sell.

Dan

IMG_20150725_144537.jpg

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Ended up rewiring the harness from the transformer up to the back box. Found where there had been overheating in the past and came across a couple wires in the black conduit that had exposed wires I can't believe the game was even working. Someone had over fused it at some point and there must have been smoke rolling out of this thing.
Replaced that burned up power supply with a new one, and now I'm waiting on the left wire form to get back from powder coating.
I could use some replacement plastics for this game if anyone has some they want to sell.
Dan

IMG_20150725_144537.jpg

Seeing as it's a Data East machine are you going to do the flipper mod? I have broken Robocop plastics as a result of the rocket flipper they put on the left side of their machines. Haven't been able to find replacements.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
There are 1241 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 25.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside