• Yes, I have one. 507 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 252 votes
    29%
  • Considering buying one or more. 77 votes
    9%
  • No, never 39 votes
    4%

(Multiple choice - 875 votes by 840 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20211129-124805_eBay (resized).jpg
20211126_163428 (resized).jpg
17D3C1FB-41F1-4B17-A36F-405AD060284F (resized).jpeg
550-5037-xx (resized).jpg
large (resized).jpg
698E931D-BD4A-4F3B-BFC5-06DB482121C1 (resized).jpeg
20211112_130132 (resized).jpg
20211112_125849 (resized).jpg
20211112_125831 (resized).jpg
20211112_125807 (resized).jpg
20211112_125836 (resized).jpg
20211016_080553 (resized).jpg
BTTF 1 (resized).jpg
20210923_175546 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210828-230056_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20210828-230140_Firefox.jpg

There are 2,496 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 50.
#2301 8 months ago

Ordered a new board from the pinball wizard and now the display is super bright and clean.

PXL_20210323_231501238.MP (resized).jpg
#2302 8 months ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Ordered a new board from the pinball wizard and now the display is super bright and clean.
[quoted image]

Looks blurry to me.

#2303 8 months ago

I would like to rebuild my pop bumpers and slings on my tftc, any guide on parts i need to purchase?

2 weeks later
#2304 7 months ago

The flippers on my Robocop fluctuate between being strong and hard hitting followed by turning into a wet noodle that can't hit the ball with any power.

All that I have read about DE flippers is that DE had problems with flipper leaf switches and transitioned some DE pins to microswitches for the flippers. I do not know which pins used the flipper microswitches.

I can buy everything I need to make the conversion except for the brackets. I can make a couple of brackets but I would like to find a pair to buy. if anybody has any thoughts I would appreciate hearing them.

I need 2 of the 535-5866-00 brackets.

Thanks.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-5251-00

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 10.14.56 AM (resized).png

#2305 7 months ago

I have the DE simpsons ramp coming up for production shortly, and I am trying to decide what is easier for the end user when it comes to the 5 flasher sockets-

Option 1- I include the sockets already installed (with rivets), and the end user solders the wires onto the sockets themselves.

Option 2- I don't include the sockets, and the user will drill out the rivets on the old ramp, and reattach the sockets/harness to the new ramp via rivets or #5 bolt/screws.

Option 2 is a bit cheaper...but I want to make it as easy as I can for folks.

Opinions?

#2306 7 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I have the DE simpsons ramp coming up for production shortly, and I am trying to decide what is easier for the end user when it comes to the 5 flasher sockets-
Option 1- I include the sockets already installed (with rivets), and the end user solders the wires onto the sockets themselves.
Option 2- I don't include the sockets, and the user will drill out the rivets on the old ramp, and reattach the sockets/harness to the new ramp via rivets or #5 bolt/screws.
Opinions?

Good timing! I have a broken ramp. I vote for option #1.

#2307 7 months ago

I dont need a simpsons ramp.... but ill throw my vote in for Option 1. I think most would be happy to pay a little extra to have a complete ramp without messing with rivots, and also have new lamp sockets as well.

#2308 7 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Opinions?

Option 1.... I’m just wondering how big the box is going to be to get one to the UK

#2309 7 months ago
Quoted from BurnDizzyBurn:

Option 1.... I’m just wondering how big the box is going to be to get one to the UK

UK shipping is probably going to be prohibitively expensive from me via USPS, but a bunch of these are going to Marco Specialties, and they have much better international shipping options.

#2310 7 months ago

what about the decals on the simpsons ramp? does anyone make any reproductions?

#2311 7 months ago
Quoted from Clizifer:

what about the decals on the simpsons ramp? does anyone make any reproductions?

I think Marco sells them.

#2312 7 months ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

I think Marco sells them.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/820-5047-XX

its been out of stock for awhile now

#2313 7 months ago

Marco had 25 sets until I bought them all yesterday...more will be coming next week. I am including the decals with the ramp this time, so no need to buy them if you are getting the ramp.

#2314 7 months ago

I don‘t need that ramp, but I‘d also prefer option 1. Soldering is much easier that precise drilling and riveting, and the lamp sockets in old machines can most often use replacing anyway.

#2315 7 months ago

Quick question
i purchased a NOS tftc playfield and playfield protector from germany.

a friend of mine will do the swap but is there something more i should do at the same time.

im rebuilding vuk, slings and pop bumpers. Will clean connectors, etc...

all rubbers were replaced by me in the last month.

should i still install cliffy under protector?

should i clear coat the ball launcher?

anything else ?

Thx for the help

#2316 7 months ago

FYI - Selling an unused GI Maestro board + Davi Opto Trough boad.

If you hate that relay clicking in DE games, and want to dim your LEDs in the backbox during play, you need the GI Maestro.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/113603

Thanks,
Steven

#2317 7 months ago
Quoted from damadczar:

FYI - Selling an unused GI Maestro board + Davi Opto Trough boad.
If you hate that relay clicking in DE games, and want to dim your LEDs in the backbox during play, you need the GI Maestro.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/113603
Thanks,
Steven

PM sent on this.

#2318 7 months ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Quick question
i purchased a NOS tftc playfield and playfield protector from germany.
a friend of mine will do the swap but is there something more i should do at the same time.
should i clear coat the ball launcher?

Have the entire thing properly cleared and skip the playfield protector.

#2319 7 months ago

Progress...

20210419_164925 (resized).jpg
#2320 7 months ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Have the entire thing properly cleared and skip the playfield protector.

Why?

Playfield protector already on his way.

#2321 7 months ago

Bangarang! I just got a Hook in for a few months and then it's off to a Project Pinball allocated hospital near by. I have little to no experience working on DE games, so I wanted to get familiar with it before we put it on location. I will be streaming it tonight with BIB at 7PM EDT! Come share your love of Date East!

https://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

EziC2xlWYAcEX7n (resized).jpg
#2322 7 months ago

Can someone measure and post the dimensions of the backbox glass for me? My JP project was missing lots of parts and the glass is one of them. I need to place an order for the glass, as I think this is now the last thing I need.

Any othese these will work since they a have the same size speaker panel.
DE Jurassic Park, DE Star Wars, Tommy, or Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Thanks!

#2323 7 months ago

It looks like 22.5” X 26” for my JP

7C8D1284-FC9A-4EFC-A597-76FF4AF7B006 (resized).jpegC91EAAAA-0CDC-4A72-9EC9-B39BD09684A0 (resized).jpeg
#2324 7 months ago
Quoted from Billc479:

[quoted image][quoted image]

and the thickness of the glass?

#2325 7 months ago

So… I am really beginning to think Data East games are underappreciated. I have had 4, 2 of which were part of package deals I only got to briefly keep and I’ve loved every second of these. They are also tremendous bang for your buck. I’ve had:
1. Jurassic Park. The Dinosaur eats the ball! Absolutely the best bang for the buck I’ve ever had in a pin and a top 5 pin for me.
2. Last Action Hero. Magnets and a moving crane?
3. Robocop. Only got 10 plays in while I had it, but great theme, music, callouts.
4. Torpedo Alley. My new love. Awesome sound, good art, good flow, cool toys… I love the corny translate.
I understand that Williams has the classics but these are just so much fun. Which would you rather have, that NIB Stern LE or ALL 4 GAMES I JUST MENTIONED!
I constantly here people poo-pooing on these and limiting themselves to other brands. That’s fine… keep these cheap for me!

#2326 7 months ago

Glass appears to be just a tad under 3/16th" thick

#2327 7 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

So… I am really beginning to think Data East games are underappreciated. I have had 4, 2 of which were part of package deals I only got to briefly keep and I’ve loved every second of these. They are also tremendous bang for your buck. I’ve had:
1. Jurassic Park. The Dinosaur eats the ball! Absolutely the best bang for the buck I’ve ever had in a pin and a top 5 pin for me.
3. Robocop. Only got 10 plays in while I had it, but great theme, music, callouts.
4. Torpedo Alley. My new love. Awesome sound, good art, good flow, cool toys… I love the corny translate.
I understand that Williams has the classics but these are just so much fun. Which would you rather have, that NIB Stern LE or ALL 4 GAMES I JUST MENTIONED!
I constantly here people poo-pooing on these and limiting themselves to other brands. That’s fine… keep these cheap for me!

I currently have 2 DE.
Phantom of the opera
and
Playboy.
Previously owned a Tales from the Crypt (wife STILL wont let me live down selling it)

Both my POTO and PB are simple rules sets, but.... they both play great, and built like tanks, and have great artwork. And pound for pound..... they are alot of fun.

When I bought my Playboy i had zero interest in it before that. Wasnt really ever wanting it. Was just going to shop it and use it for trade bait since I got it for a great deal. But after cleaning it and upgrading the lights and rings. Then adding a few personal touches to it... I kind fell in love with it LOL. Now Im not sure I want to sell it. Especially after I won "Best Solid State game" with it at the recent PinBrew

Data East games do get a bad wrap most of the time for sure and its not fair.

IMG_8861 (1) (resized).jpgDSC_0174 (resized).JPGpinbrew (resized).jpg
#2328 7 months ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Data East games do get a bad wrap most of the time for sure and its not fair.

My operator friend has been in the business for 40 years. He told me he hated his DE pins. His experience was that they were always breaking down.

I love my Robocop.

#2329 7 months ago

I had a R & B but I didn't really enjoy it. I really like the JP, it's a blast.

#2330 7 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My operator friend has been in the business for 40 years. He told me he hated his DE pins. His experience was that they were always breaking down..

Which makes no sense as they were from Stern with William's electronics.

By and large the worst issue I run into is the GI circuit bring fried which Data East is not alone in this area. Certainly after 30 or 40 years problems are bound to pop up on a pin that typically had a 3 to 5 year expected life.

#2331 7 months ago
Quoted from Billc479:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Billc479:

Glass appears to be just a tad under 3/16th" thick

Thank you very much. New clear glass ordered through a local glass company.

#2334 7 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

DE rock. great bang for buck most of the time and I never have any issues with them. If I had to knock anything it would be the artwork. Maverick is one of my favorites.

#2335 7 months ago

Driving a few hours away to look at a friends Bttf. Pop bumpers not working....Ill prob start with fuses and go from there. Anyhting else on the Power board to look at. Game has not been serviced in a while so may bring the board back since most likely something caused the fuse to blow if that's the issue.

#2336 7 months ago

I am about ready to give up on my Star Trek 25th! I have been experiencing the SAME sound problem ever since I got the game and have exhausted every solution that I could think of! The problem usually occurs on multiball but not always. The sound suddenly goes out and is replaced by static pops, cracks, and heavily distorted sounds. After the ball drains, the sounds come back as normal.

I have had in the game 2 different MPU boards, 2 different sound boards, 2 different power supplies, I have repinned the power board for the 12v wire, and have even replaced all sound roms and main game rom with new chips. It still doesn't freakin' work! I even subbed in a different ribbon cable from a Star Wars to see if that made a difference. It didn't.

There are no obviously broken coil diodes or burned coils. Everything on the game appears to work perfectly except for this intermittent sound problem.

Anybody have any thoughts on where to go from here? This game is INCHES from being stripped and sold for parts.

#2337 7 months ago

Try a pinsound and add a shaker while you're at it?

#2338 7 months ago
Quoted from sbmania:

I am about ready to give up on my Star Trek 25th! I have been experiencing the SAME sound problem ever since I got the game and have exhausted every solution that I could think of! The problem usually occurs on multiball but not always. The sound suddenly goes out and is replaced by static pops, cracks, and heavily distorted sounds. After the ball drains, the sounds come back as normal.
I have had in the game 2 different MPU boards, 2 different sound boards, 2 different power supplies, I have repinned the power board for the 12v wire, and have even replaced all sound roms and main game rom with new chips. It still doesn't freakin' work! I even subbed in a different ribbon cable from a Star Wars to see if that made a difference. It didn't.
There are no obviously broken coil diodes or burned coils. Everything on the game appears to work perfectly except for this intermittent sound problem.
Anybody have any thoughts on where to go from here? This game is INCHES from being stripped and sold for parts.

Have you tried all of those boards in another game to ensure they function correctly ? Otherwise it may not tell you something.

#2339 7 months ago

I am on the fence about selling my PoTO. It's my only DE game. tell me why I should or should not. LOL

Chris

#2340 7 months ago

I have a Royal Rumble, when in test mode the pop bumpers work great, when I pull the glass and roll the ball at them by hand, they work great, but when a ball is hit into them with the flippers or upon the opening shot of each ball, they work 20% of the time. Seeing the ball roll through hitting them and nothing happens has made the game hard to love. I have also adjusted and cleaned the switches. One individual told me to reflow the board, before I do that, has anyone else had this issue with a DE and, have a potential fix?

#2341 7 months ago

So my landlord wants me to fully restore and sell him my Rocky and Bullwinkle (what a good landlord). Unfortunately, my cab is beyond repair (slathered in illy placed bondo/ chipped beyond repair).

Curious if anybody produces flat pack cuts for Data east cabs, or if anybody can confirm that R&B is the same cab as the other DMD DE games? I figure they might be slightly different due to the backbox animation.
Or I guess if you have a donor R&B cab hit me up.

#2342 7 months ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I am on the fence about selling my PoTO. It's my only DE game. tell me why I should or should not. LOL
Chris

Should not..... because its AWESOME!

#2343 7 months ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Chris

I regret selling mine. Great sound, light effects and folks loved playing it. If the gold paint is in decent shape and the game otherwise generally good, consider keeping it - you’ll likely never find another one with decent paint. If you keep it, get a CLIFFY mirror for it.

#2344 7 months ago
Quoted from Froytheorc:

I have a Royal Rumble, when in test mode the pop bumpers work great, when I pull the glass and roll the ball at them by hand, they work great, but when a ball is hit into them with the flippers or upon the opening shot of each ball, they work 20% of the time. Seeing the ball roll through hitting them and nothing happens has made the game hard to love. I have also adjusted and cleaned the switches. One individual told me to reflow the board, before I do that, has anyone else had this issue with a DE and, have a potential fix?

On my GNR I changed the spoon switches to Bally/Williams, adjusted leafs. Worked great. My game did the same about 20%

#2345 7 months ago
Quoted from Froytheorc:

I worked on a JP that did this. After removing the spoon and switch to take a look, the metal piece with a small bend in it had caused a slight depression in the spoon.

It was tiny and hard to see. This would snag the spoon requiring more than necessary force to activate. I could have sanded it out but just replaced the spoon.

#2346 7 months ago

Jrotten and Pinball_Postal, thank you both for the feedback. I will change the spoons and make sure they are adjusted. I appreciate the responses.

#2347 6 months ago

Anybody have a lead on (or have any) 500-5607-xx targets? Repro or NOS. The replacements sold at Marco are usually very out of stock and have similar ones that are not the right size.

#2348 6 months ago

Hello guys,
Bought my third DE pinball: Batman.

Cabinet in very good condition.
Playfield has tiny spots of wear.
Game plays but I have GI problems.
Upper part of backbox has nog lights GI on playfield does not work.
Inserts and flashers work.

I need your help with the PSU and al lot of bad wires.

Brown broken wire in backpanel.
Burnt C2 connector.
Burnt and cut C1 connector.
Mess up in the last picture.

Could some give me some advice about the board and those wires please?

Thanks

DSC_3404 (resized).JPGDSC_3406 (resized).JPGDSC_3407 (resized).JPGDSC_3408 (resized).JPGDSC_3411 (resized).JPGDSC_3412 (resized).JPGDSC_3413 (resized).JPG
#2349 6 months ago

This looks a little iffy too if you didn't notice.

d122dc724e0cd1502c480fd241e0ed1de899d2d9 (resized).jpg

#2350 6 months ago

Could somebody with a Batman share me some pictures of power supply unit and wiring please?
Also close-up pictures of the back of the backbox light panel please.

Thanks.

There are 2,496 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 50.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside