New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 109642)

Data East pinball club

By PinballManiac40

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,116 posts
  • 395 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 178 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you have any Data East Pinball machines??”

• Yes, I have one. 449 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 220 votes
    28%
  • Considering buying one or more. 69 votes
    9%
  • No, never 35 votes
    5%

(Multiple choice - 773 votes by 745 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 644 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7D95AF9A-F9C2-4E4E-8752-19F14507B126 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 8.30.30 AM (resized).png
d2bc4dee0329cf7c16e1f512a812f9995fee5db6 (resized).jpeg
28521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200904_161211__01 (resized).jpg
2020-04-12 00.50.23 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200904_175720__01 (resized).jpg
2020-04-09 22.46.59__01 (resized).jpg
8B374F28-FA1A-4F2C-AFB3-B2A2B4F68BAE (resized).png
DB8C70FA-9642-4F16-B29A-4DDFBD3F9720 (resized).jpeg
1D949F63-8C08-4B31-A894-F0A41AD0715B (resized).jpeg
49F24D5A-3367-420B-B37B-D1BC34B9E8A7 (resized).jpeg
20200827_152133 (resized).jpg
Last Action Hero (resized).jpg
20200823_201850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4364 (resized).JPG

There are 2116 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 43.
#2101 12 days ago

Looking for another set of eyes for my Tommy. Owned the machine 2 years, added a color DMD over a year ago with no issues. Game has not moved ...
Now when the game has been on for over 45 minutes the DMD will start flaking out with garage on the DMD. I’ve reseated all connections from the DMD to the boards; it got a little better, but not 100%. The boards are clean with no corrosion; I’m thinking ribbon cable, but open to input from others much smarter than me

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nou8y6x8kz0425s/TommyDMDJacked.MOV?dl=0

#2102 12 days ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Looking for another set of eyes for my Tommy. Owned the machine 2 years, added a color DMD over a year ago with no issues. Game has not moved ...
Now when the game has been on for over 45 minutes the DMD will start flaking out with garage on the DMD. I’ve reseated all connections from the DMD to the boards; it got a little better, but not 100%. The boards are clean with no corrosion; I’m thinking ribbon cable, but open to input from others much smarter than me
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nou8y6x8kz0425s/TommyDMDJacked.MOV?dl=0

Try reseating the ribbon cable and the 2 white connectors to the DMD power wires on the back the DMD panels themselves.

#2103 12 days ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Does anybody know where I can get a right flipper bracket for my Star Wars? The usual suspects seem to be out of stock. The screws on mine are stripped, so the flipper sags.
Thanks

There is a DE flipper assy. on Ebay. But I don't know if it is the right of left side.

ebay.com link » Data East Flipper Assembly Complete 500 5179 01 Okay Condition
hash=item48ca4129ea:g:T~gAAOSwEXxc7CYz

#2104 11 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

More
Try reseating the ribbon cable and the 2 white connectors to the DMD power wires on the back the DMD panels themselves.

Thank you ... I’ve reset everything again and so far we are good. I know as soon as I push it back in the line up, I’ll be haunted again! Lol

#2105 8 days ago

I have an uninstalled opto trough board for DE 6ball games and a wire harness. I’m looking to get $100 plus shipping, which is what I paid.
PM if interested.

7D95AF9A-F9C2-4E4E-8752-19F14507B126 (resized).jpeg
#2106 8 days ago

Anyone know where to get a new lockdown bar for a Simpsons?

#2108 8 days ago

It does not work with Simpsons. A few of the DE games have a different part number.

#2109 8 days ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

It does not work with Simpsons. A few of the DE games have a different part number.

I am assuming Simpsons is a standard size DE pin.

If you are not a purist, you could install a new Stern dual latch bar along with the receiver.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-dual-latch-lockdown-bar.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-cabinet-bracket-playfield-support.html

This is what my Munsters uses and the lockdown bar will fit my DE Robocop.
-----------------------------

Now, I have a challenge question shortly.

I have a DE Robocop. DE was made by Gary Stern. Some of the old Stern Electronics parts made the crossover into the DE pins.

I have several classic Sterns in my collection. The Stern bars and my Robocop bar interchange with no hassle. Even the receivers are the same.

This was discussed several months ago and a DE wide body pin and a classic Stern wide body pin are not the same width. So, for wide body classic Sterns and the DE wide body there is no interchange.

I was not aware that DE made another type bar other than standard width and a wide body width.. What does Simpsons have for a lock bar ? ; And what pins have lock bars that interchange with Simpons?

Gary Stern was cheap. I cannot imagine him have two styles of lockdown bars for a standard body pin.

#2110 8 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I am assuming Simpsons is a standard size DE pin.
If you are not a purist, you could install a new Stern dual latch bar along with the receiver.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-dual-latch-lockdown-bar.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-cabinet-bracket-playfield-support.html
This is what my Munsters uses and the lockdown bar will fit my DE Robocop.
-----------------------------
Now, I have a challenge question shortly.
I have a DE Robocop. DE was made by Gary Stern. Some of the old Stern Electronics parts made the crossover into the DE pins.
I have several classic Sterns in my collection. The Stern bars and my Robocop bar interchange with no hassle. Even the receivers are the same.
This was discussed several months ago and a DE wide body pin and a classic Stern wide body pin are not the same width. So, for wide body classic Sterns and the DE wide body there is no interchange.
I was not aware that DE made another type bar other than standard width and a wide body width.. What does Simpsons have for a lock bar ? ; And what pins have lock bars that interchange with Simpons?
Gary Stern was cheap. I cannot imagine him have two styles of lockdown bars for a standard body pin.

The description on Pinball Life explains it. I don’t have the machine yet, so I can’t check.

#2111 8 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I was not aware that DE made another type bar other than standard width and a wide body width..

The only wide body made is the DE WWF Royal Rumble.

#2112 8 days ago

A few DE games use lockdown bar #500-5021-10. Games calling for that lockdown bar are not compatible with this lockdown bar.

That’s the one I need.

#2114 8 days ago

Hah! Learn something new every day.

#2115 8 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The only wide body made is the DE WWF Royal Rumble.

https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsegadata-east-black-front-molding-lockdown-bar-no-tournament-button-hole.html

According to this link, Batman Forever is a wide body pin. I played a Bf one time. I don't recall stepping up to a wide body, but the DE wide body is not as wide as the classic Stern wide body, so I guess ti is a wide body.

#2116 8 days ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

A few DE games use lockdown bar #500-5021-10. Games calling for that lockdown bar are not compatible with this lockdown bar.
That’s the one I need.

Yeah. Learn something new everyday. I guess the one you need is also used on Jurassic Park, too. I don't know why they are different, like is there some engineering reason a different bar had to be used. Without that knowledge and me being completely ignorant about what is inside the cabinet, I am thinking a different bar with a matched receiver would work. All it is is cabinet with a play field. And wood is easy to work with.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
There are 2116 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 43.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside