• Yes, I have one. 570 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 279 votes
    29%
  • Considering buying one or more. 84 votes
    9%
  • No, never 44 votes
    5%

(Multiple choice - 977 votes by 935 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

67312872-3690-4A0C-A367-BFA047062595 (resized).jpeg
20240325_112554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
0315241421.jpg
0315241430.jpg
0315241420.jpg
R&B Problem Solving (resized).jpg
received_7209732659109600.jpeg
received_412878897897607.jpeg
received_7503193196399245.jpeg
received_925266752300128.jpeg
IMG_6450 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6449 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2270 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 61.
#1701 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

It will not. That is for the 128x32 games such as Demolition Man, DE JP, and DE SW.
DE Star Trek, DE Hook, DE Checkpoint, DE Batman, and DE TMNT are the only games that share the 128x16 DMD.

thanks, yeah it looked big to me too.. Thanks!

#1702 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I'll check.. After the game is on for awhile the display seems to warm up and start working some but the middle never fully works so it appears to be gassing out..

Please test the voltages. If the voltages are low, it can give you the same result. If that is ok, we have something else to check too.

#1703 4 years ago

Data East Time Machine owner in need of assistance on how to remove the ramps to change the rubbers. Tried the Tech help page to no avail. All help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#1704 4 years ago

So I picked up a project Batman yesterday I am trying to get going again. It is missing the solid state flipper board. Before I go and order a new one, does anyone have a used flipper board they would be willing to sell?

Also, why on earth are there so many Batman machines with blown out playfields? I swear mine looks like someone took a sander to it. Lucky for me, mine came with a re-printed playfield, but I need to clear coat it. It will be a summer project for me.

#1705 4 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

So I picked up a project Batman yesterday I am trying to get going again. It is missing the solid state flipper board. Before I go and order a new one, does anyone have a used flipper board they would be willing to sell?

You forgot to mention the part number.

why on earth are there so many Batman machines with blown out playfields?

Many other DE titles are blown out, not just Batman. Remember...pinball machines were not meant to last 20+ years.

I hope to find a Batman in the future no matter what shape the playfield is in since I'm wanting to play one a lot.

#1706 4 years ago

Anyone know where I can get this board, EUROPEAN "PIN-LED DATA EAST REPLACEMENT 40001" flipper board? Even used would be great. Thanks for the help!

#1707 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone know where I can get this board, EUROPEAN "PIN-LED DATA EAST REPLACEMENT 40001" flipper board? Even used would be great. Thanks for the help!

https://www.pinled.de/en/c/category/data-east/data-east-boards

Shows in stock

#1708 4 years ago

Thanks for the link. Wonder if the 40001 makes a difference?

#1709 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for the link. Wonder if the 40001 makes a difference?

I'm not sure what you mean. The 40001 is the part number from this custom board. It replaces a few different OEM flipper boards:
520-5026-00
520-5033-00
520-5080-00

#1710 4 years ago

Before I go and order a new one, does anyone have a used flipper board they would be willing to sell?

I have an almost new Rottendog flipper board for sale. It works for Batman. I was able to repair my original Robocop flipper board.

$65.00 plus shipping.

I sent you a PM.

#1711 4 years ago

Also, why on earth are there so many Batman machines with blown out playfields? I swear mine looks like someone took a sander to it. Lucky for me, mine came with a re-printed playfield, but I need to clear coat it. It will be a summer project for me.

I have located a board, and I thank everyone who has offered up a board for my Batman.

#1712 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

PinLED=German made

#1713 4 years ago

Anyone know off hand what size/type screws are normally used for mounting boards on the backbox?

#1714 4 years ago

EDIT: Wrong thread

#1715 4 years ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Anyone know off hand what size/type screws are normally used for mounting boards on the backbox?

3/8 inch, 8/32 for boards in backbox

#1716 4 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

3/8 inch, 8/32 for boards in backbox

Can confirm, just purchased 16 stainless ones a few days ago for LW3.

#1717 4 years ago

And the OEM screws are self tapping.

#1718 4 years ago

Great, thanks guys

#1719 4 years ago

Would a Tommy power board work directly in a GnR? Want to test a power issue with the flippers and have an old Tommy power board. Just wondering if 100% compatible. Thanks.

#1720 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Would a Tommy power board work directly in a GnR? Want to test a power issue with the flippers and have an old Tommy power board. Just wondering if 100% compatible. Thanks.

Yes, should be fine

#1721 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You can always look at the part number on the boards or in the manuals to compare.

I don't see that being a power supply issue. Flipper board or EOS switches sound more possible.

#1722 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Hey bud ,I am sure any same size dmd for DE would be the same power board ,I just a spare for my GNR from same DMD size

#1723 4 years ago

It will work

#1724 4 years ago

Thanks for the confirmation. Always nervous to swap out boards between games. Will double check the manuals for sure. Thank you.

#1725 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for the confirmation. Always nervous to swap out boards between games. Will double check the manuals for sure. Thank you.

The board labels would be the easiest to look at as they are printed on the bottom right corner near CN4.
20200402_110026 (resized).jpg20200402_110026 (resized).jpg

20200402_105903 (resized).jpg20200402_105903 (resized).jpg
#1726 4 years ago

I'm working may way through my Batman trying to get it all up and running, and discovered last night I am missing the shooter lane switch assembly (DE part 500-5303-00). From what I take looking around at the various websites is that this is not available as an assembly. Can anyone tell me the part numbers for the switch itself, and the base the switch mounts to?

#1727 4 years ago

I've been looking for a chrome lockdown bar for my Playboy 35th. I haven't found anyone that makes the proper lockdown bar. I did however, try my classic Stern Meteor lockdown bar and it fits perfectly..... does anyone make the classic stern lockdown bars? Meteor is the style with the tabs and not the old stud style.

#1728 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

I've been looking for a chrome lockdown bar for my Playboy 35th. I haven't found anyone that makes the proper lockdown bar. I did however, try my classic Stern Meteor lockdown bar and it fits perfectly..... does anyone make the classic stern lockdown bars? Meteor is the style with the tabs and not the old stud style.

No one makes classic Stern lockdown bars. After Stern Electionics folded, Gary Stern started DE and you will see some similarities between the two brands. Any Stern lock bar from Magic and Hot Hand and all the Sterns after Meteor will interchange. But Stern parts, especially lockdown bar are getting hard to find and the prices are rising.

The lockdown bar receiver is universal between classic Stern and DE. The narrow body lockdown bar will work with both brands. The wide body lock bars are NOT interchangeable.

#1729 4 years ago

anyone need this? Came out of my Secret Service. The high voltage power supply was not working and the previous owner had already installed pinscore displays and included this old display with the machine. Just 15.00 to cover shipping, so basically free. Can't be sure it works as I didn't feel like rebuilding the power supply just to see if it worked.

20200403_163531_resized (resized).jpg20200403_163531_resized (resized).jpg20200403_163543_resized (resized).jpg20200403_163543_resized (resized).jpg20200403_163607_resized (resized).jpg20200403_163607_resized (resized).jpg20200403_163618_resized (resized).jpg20200403_163618_resized (resized).jpg20200403_163635_resized (resized).jpg20200403_163635_resized (resized).jpg20200403_163637_resized (resized).jpg20200403_163637_resized (resized).jpg
#1730 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

anyone need this? Came out of my Secret Service. The high voltage power supply was not working and the previous owner had already installed pinscore displays and included this old display with the machine. Just 15.00 to cover shipping, so basically free. Can't be sure it works as I didn't feel like rebuilding the power supply just to see if it worked.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

PM sent

#1731 4 years ago

tentatively spoken for!

#1732 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

tentatively spoken for!

Talk about poor timing!

20200403_185818 (resized).jpg20200403_185818 (resized).jpg
#1733 4 years ago

So, who actually MAKES the lockdown bars right now that are available? Maybe someone knows them and can get in touch about making a run of Data East stainless and/or the classic Stern Meteor and forward style..... seems like a need that should be addressed if neither are available as of now. Lots of classic stern and data east games out there that could use these I'm sure. Maybe some one can combine the design of both styles to cut down on production cost. Or just make one style and market it for both.

#1734 4 years ago

I made a new Lazer War translite but Im not sure if the displays cut outs are aligned correctly. If anyone wants to pm me and mail me their translite to dial it in I will mail them back there translite and a new alternate. I currently dont own this game but did for a couple of years and would like to get one back someday.

lazer war PST (resized).jpglazer war PST (resized).jpg
#1735 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I made a new Lazer War translite but Im not sure if the displays cut outs are aligned correctly. If anyone wants to pm me and mail me their translite to dial it in I will mail them back there translite and a new alternate. I currently dont own this game but did for a couple of years and would like to get one back someday.[quoted image]

That is pretty damn awesome!

#1736 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I made a new Lazer War translite but Im not sure if the displays cut outs are aligned correctly. If anyone wants to pm me and mail me their translite to dial it in I will mail them back there translite and a new alternate. I currently dont own this game but did for a couple of years and would like to get one back someday.[quoted image]

I have an old faded taped up one that you could use for this.... LMK.

I'm hoping it will roll up still without breaking too much, but it's all still attached together for now....

#1737 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

So, who actually MAKES the lockdown bars right now that are available? Maybe someone knows them and can get in touch about making a run of Data East stainless and/or the classic Stern Meteor and forward style..... seems like a need that should be addressed if neither are available as of now. Lots of classic stern and data east games out there that could use these I'm sure. Maybe some one can combine the design of both styles to cut down on production cost. Or just make one style and market it for both.

VP Forums.org/ Virtua Pin. does the Williams style lockdown bars. For $150.00 each.

https://virtuapin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=34&zenid=7kg8dn5q1n428rg7oh6mfff190. And you would need a Williams receiver.
---------------------

The new style Stern dual latch lock bar would work with some minor cabinet mods. But none of these are stainless. May you get lucky and strip the black paint off and find stainless underneath. But that is doubtful. My Munsters has the dual latch system. Some say Stern cheaped out but I really like the dual latch system.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-dual-latch-lockdown-bar.html
-----------------------------------------------

Spooky has a stainless lock bar for TNA that looks like the vintage Stern and Bally bars, but I do not know what kind of receiver it has. This one may be worth looking into. However, I think TNA is out of production, so these TNA bar are probably left overs.

https://www.pinballlife.com/spooky-lockdown-bar.html

If anybody has an in with Spooky and could give Spooky a call about what receiver it is using, that may be a avenue. But while Pinball Life sells the Spooky bars their website say nothing about receivers.

This link gives the parrot number for the receiver. A-16773-1

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=D-12615_RAW
-------------------------------------------------

Maybe a call to PL might lead to some good information on the Spooky parts.

One thing is for certain is that the links above raise the value of a used classic Stern lockdown bar.

#1738 4 years ago

MY UPDATE FOR DATA EAST STAR TREK IS RELEASED!

This was quite a long process as this game needed a lot of adjustments. I hope you all like the results.

Star Trek v.3.00 update

Get it here:
https://www.pinballcode.com/

Read all the details about the changes here:
https://www.pinballcode.com/trek300

Looking forward to your thoughts on this update.

For those who don't know, on my website you will also find code updates for other Data East/Sega games:

BAYWATCH
HOOK
JURASSIC PARK
STAR WARS
TALES FROM THE CRYPT
TOMMY

#1739 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

MY UPDATE FOR DATA EAST STAR TREK IS RELEASED!
This was quite a long process as this game needed a lot of adjustments. I hope you all like the results.
Star Trek v.3.00 update
Get it here:
https://www.pinballcode.com/
Read all the details about the changes here:
https://www.pinballcode.com/trek300
Looking forward to your thoughts on this update.
For those who don't know, on my website you will also find code updates for other Data East/Sega games:
BAYWATCH
HOOK
JURASSIC PARK
STAR WARS
TALES FROM THE CRYPT
TOMMY

Awesome Chad! Let's get the word out there to get you some donations for you hard work!

I am able to assist anyone that can't burn their own roms, but remember to take care of Chad so things like this keep coming!!
Send PM or in my pinside shop.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1083-matt-s-basement-arcade/02778-star-trek-25th-anniversary-pinball-data-east-rom-upgrade

#1740 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

BAYWATCH
HOOK
JURASSIC PARK
STAR WARS
TALES FROM THE CRYPT
TOMMY

Any chance you might be working on or will work on Lethal Weapon 3? Would be nice!

#1741 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

tentatively spoken for!

And much obliged sir!

1) Picture one is what I'm working with today; a display from my Time Machine with 2 dead lower displays and the Secret Service display you were kind enough to send my way. The Time Machine uppers worked great and were in good condition.

2) Picture two is the display you sent, one segment was out on the left, the right one looks tired and the lower left is a different brand (cherry) someone cobbled in place.

3) Picture three is the secret service display with the lowers removed and the top left display repaired.

4) Picture four is the Time Machine display with the lowers swapped over and being tested. It will make a adequate spare in a pinch.

5) Picture five with masking glued back in place and ready for use. The Secret Service display will be handy for parts or use in testing and maybe I'll stumble across another parts display.

Thanks again!

20200406_170332 (resized).jpg20200406_170332 (resized).jpg20200406_192035 (resized).jpg20200406_192035 (resized).jpg20200406_192150 (resized).jpg20200406_192150 (resized).jpg20200406_191959 (resized).jpg20200406_191959 (resized).jpg20200406_191927 (resized).jpg20200406_191927 (resized).jpg

#1742 4 years ago

sweet...glad it came in handy for you

#1743 4 years ago

Anyone know if the Stern half moon button/cabinet protectors will work on a DE cab?

#1744 4 years ago

Lined up my early DE pins tonight, my friend says I have issues..

20200410_193430 (resized).jpg20200410_193430 (resized).jpg
#1745 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Lined up my early DE pins tonight, my friend says I have issues..[quoted image]

Jealous. Super nice. Loving the Time Machine in particular. Someday...

#1746 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Lined up my early DE pins tonight, my friend says I have issues..[quoted image]

How are you liking that Robocop?

#1747 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

my friend says I have issues..

We all do!

#1748 4 years ago

I do not.

#1750 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How are you liking that Robocop?

Not bad and the wife likes it so a bonus.

On one hand it is rather simple pin that can be boiled down to firing the ball through the spinner and lighting the upper lanes to activate arrests, make the ramp shot and repeat. On the other hand the ramp shot is tough and the call outs & music is great. Quite the feeling of accomplishment when you make multi-ball and can take the jackpot with all the chaos going on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 259.00
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.50
There are 3,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-pinball-club/page/35?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.