• Yes, I have one. 325 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 152 votes
    27%
  • Considering buying one or more. 51 votes
    9%
  • No, never 29 votes
    5%

(Multiple choice - 557 votes by 545 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 320 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EFB9F39E-E548-4F23-86AE-32FDE9723D14 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0959 (resized).JPG
20190115_201202[1] (resized).jpg
c775ffceab2f737d7a4bf39ebd43b4d097b9a939.gif
m_miscon (resized).jpg
Data_East_Playfield_Power_Board_520-5021-05_partial_schematic_correction (resized).jpg
Data_East_Playfield_Power_Board_520-5021-05_partial_schematic_error (resized).jpg
P1000419 (resized).JPG
IMG_5929 (resized).JPG
IMG_5930 (resized).JPG
IMG_5932 (resized).JPG
IMG_5931 (resized).JPG
2018-10-07 09_55_14-Marco Specialties Pinball Parts - Internet Explorer (resized).png
20180914_180848 (resized).jpg
2018-10-02 10.41.15 (resized).jpg
2018-10-02 10.39.08 (resized).jpg

There are 1172 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 24.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nice and not a "normal" ball plunger in the bunch.

Ya know, I have owned 4 machines, none of them with a normal plunger. That same early 90's era I guess.?.. - Fun machines anywho.., addicted to LAH at the moment (new code).

#102 4 years ago

Anyone have a project GnR they would part with?

#103 4 years ago

Simpsons and rocky and Bullwinkle right now. Just traded hook for a big hurt so down to two data east games. Want a JP and a time machine though!

#104 4 years ago

I own a WWF Royal Rumble. Probably my favorite Data East game. I've had Jurassic Park and Tales From the Crypt pass through my home as well.

My circle of pin heads were going on a Data East DMD kick for the last few years, which has given me the opportunity to play just about all of them. They can be sort of like cheap 2K-era Stern machines. Just rough around the edges in some departments.

The one thing they all share are wimpier-than-normal drop targets. Especially TFTC. There were three of these in my circle of friends and all of them were constantly suffering from a broken drop. DE drops just can't handle being in a direct line of fire for very long.

#105 4 years ago

Anyone need a new apron? I have a NOS for sale, not for LAH though cuz it doesn't have the holes for the lights. $40 shipped.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

That's technically a Sega though...

i call it a mutt

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Anyone need a new apron? I have a NOS for sale, not for LAH though cuz it doesn't have the holes for the lights. $40 shipped.

Does it have a kickback hole and is it on the left or right side?

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from FirebrandX:

Does it have a kickback hole and is it on the left or right side?

I forgot about that, hole is on the left.

#109 4 years ago

Cool I'll take it to PM

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from FirebrandX:

Cool I'll take it to PM

Pictures.

IMGA0626.JPG IMGA0627.JPG IMGA0628.JPG IMGA0629.JPG IMGA0630.JPG
#111 4 years ago

Damn... The problem I've found is chrome paint never seems to match (it comes out as looking like non-reflective silver), so you end up having to repaint the entire logo. I had already done that on my apron, and so I was hoping for a NOS apron with a pristine original logo surface in order to make it worth my while.

Thanks for taking the time to get pictures. I'm sure somebody will be interested, especially on ebay if you sell it there.

#112 4 years ago

OK, good luck with your hunt hope you find one.

#113 4 years ago

I have tftc

#114 4 years ago

Is there something missing from my Tommy here? I can't find anything obvious in the manual or wiring diagrams. And everything seems to work fine. Just looks like something should be plugged in here.

image-417.jpg
#115 4 years ago

Maybe it's just redundant wiring for a feature in another DE game such as a magnet board or something?

#116 4 years ago

I have the same in my TFTC and LAH. Curious what they are for as well.

#117 4 years ago

If no one has an answer I might hook them up to a scope and at least try find out what triggers them.

#118 4 years ago

I'm in with Tommy & GnR's both with original toppers. My Tommy was bought in 95' for $1300. That was alot of $$$ back then.DSCN2830.JPG
DSCN1830.JPG

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

My Tommy was bought in 95'

Wow, you got it a yr old? Or even new? Must be sweet. Mines pretty banged up around the edges.

#120 4 years ago

Jurassic Park and Time Machine here! (also have LW3 and still don't have the display working). They feel a hair less refined then B/W games but are every bit as fun (JP has the best toy in the biz, a t-rex that eats the frikin pinball, beat that!) For the B/W lovers/DE haters. Guess what? they are STEREO! (and yes you can hear the difference).

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Wow, you got it a yr old?

It was operated for about a year.

#122 4 years ago

I got 4 myself, love them. Simpsons, LAH, back to the future, and hook. I really would like to get a lethal weapon 3 next

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Is there something missing from my Tommy here? I can't find anything obvious in the manual or wiring diagrams. And everything seems to work fine. Just looks like something should be plugged in here.

image-417.jpg 300 KB

Had those on my tftc. I believe they're for printer cables, etc. and bill acceptors.

I.e. you don't need them and they're just there from the factory.

#125 4 years ago

I really like almost all Data easts
I'm having a limited collection at the moment due to the construction of my house, but I'll hopefully will be able to buy some more in the future. So my only DE title i have now is LW3, owned it as my first dmd pin and missed it so i bought another one.
Also passed by: torpedo alley, R&B and JP all where good fun.

#126 4 years ago

If any of you LAH owners need help with the new firmware shoot me a message.

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

If any of you LAH owners need help with the new firmware shoot me a message.

Thanks so much for sending me new firmware for LAH. I've only spent a little time with it, but it's amazing so far. I recommend that everyone with this machine try it. The new quotes are great and they add some nice variety to what was already there. The tuned up modes are even more fun and the game just feels so much more polished. I thought LAH was great before, but this new firmware adds an extra level of awesomeness to this machine. This has got to be one of the best Data East games out there.

#129 4 years ago

I think at this point with all of the hype of the so called "A list" games and the over priced sterns, the data east games are the best bang for your buck at this point. Especially for all of the new collectors that have just gotten into it. I used to think sys 11 games were best bang for your buck, but now a lot of them are going over 2k, I think de is best value, and as far as I'm concerned a lot of them have as many features and toys as the new sterns for a 1/6 the price. Todd Scott

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hopefully TFTC is next.

I have it on good authority that good work takes time--lotsa time...

#131 4 years ago

Tommy, star wars and ROBOCOP are in my collection. Great machines. Love the stereo sound on robocop.
Had batman or teenage mutant ninja turtles also but need the space so they are gone.
I really would pick data east or sega above bally or williams

Greetings,

Bas

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I have it on good authority that good work takes time--lotsa time...

Writing code and making sure that it's bug free, of course it takes time. Keeping my fingers crossed.

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Writing code and making sure that it's bug free, of course it takes time. Keeping my fingers crossed.

And writing it to enhance the game, balance it, not entirely change it. That's the real trick.

#134 4 years ago

I don't know if any DE games aside from Simpsons had the cardboard tube mounted next to the speaker in the cabinet, but have any of you ever replaced this? What did you use as a replacement?

1 week later
#135 4 years ago

While I'm on the subject of speaker/sound issues, I think my potentiometer is shot, the sound goes in and out as I turn it. I see the part # is 123-5000-00, anyone know what the ohms on that unit is? Might as well try to get one at Radio Shack first.

Alternately, has anyone used this for cleaning old pots?
http://www.radioshack.com/radioshack-control-contact-cleaner-and-lubricant/6400148.html#.VMMKs1h0xNU

#136 4 years ago

DE Fans:

My collection currently consists of: Tommy, Guns-N-Roses, Star Wars, Star Trek, and Playboy 35th.

I have new vector artwork completed for the following CPR Repro Playfields:
Tommy, Guns-N-Roses, Star Trek

I'm currently working on the Playfield artwork for: DE Star Wars

If anyone has an NOS Playfield for the following DE Titles please PM me directly and I'll be happy to add them to our line-up.....

1. DE Batman Playfield
2. DE Rocky & Bullwinkle Playfield
3. DE Phantom of the Opera Playfield
4. DE Jurassic Park Playfield
5. DE Checkpoint Playfield

Also looking for source material for the following DE Plastics Sets ( NOS or Near Perfect Only! )
1. DE Batman
2. DE Rocky & Bullwinkle
3. DE Tommy
4. DE Checkpoint

I already have Playfield source material for DE Simpsons & Tales from the Crypt.
We are also doing Tales from the Crypt Plastics.....

Stu
CPR Art Director / Partner

DE Playfields_CPR.jpg
#137 4 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

DE Fans:
My collection currently consists of: Tommy, Guns-N-Roses, Star Wars, Star Trek, and Playboy 35th.
If anyone has an NOS Playfield for the following DE Titles please PM me directly and I'll be happy to add them to our line-up.....
1. DE Batman Playfield
Also looking for source material for the following DE Plastics Sets ( NOS or Near Perfect Only! )
1. DE Batman
2. DE Rocky & Bullwinkle
3. DE Tommy
4. DE Checkpoint
I already have Playfield source material for DE Simpsons & Tales from the Crypt.
Stu

DE Playfields_CPR.jpg 284 KB

Wow, I was just about to fix (well, try) my old Tommy PF up and send it out to be cleared, but I fear the back of that right vuk is blown out beyond help. Guess I'll buy one of yours instead! Is this new news? When will they be available?

#138 4 years ago

This is the first time I have made any kind of announcement regarding the artwork.
None of these are on the production schedule yet as we need to take Pre-Orders and get Inserts ordered which we can't do until we know how many people plan to purchase......

Quoted from TimeBandit:

Is this new news? When will they be available?

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

This is the first time I have made any kind of announcement regarding the artwork.
None of these are on the production schedule yet as we need to take Pre-Orders and get Inserts ordered which we can't do until we know how many people plan to purchase......

Well, put me down as 100% confirmed, definitely in there, your first signup!

#140 4 years ago

Does anyone know if the decals for the ramps on Simpsons DE machines are available anywhere? The condition of my ramps are fine, but for some reason the Lisa decal is damaged.

Cheers!
Adam.

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

DE Fans:
1. DE Batman Playfield
1. DE Batman
2. DE Rocky & Bullwinkle
3. DE Tommy
4. DE Checkpoint
Stu

DE Playfields_CPR.jpg 284 KB

Great to hear Stu.

#142 4 years ago

I hope the JP plastics are in the work still. I thought someone was working on them at some point. Pleas someone with a JP playfield help us all out. - Barry

#143 4 years ago

I have a lot of nos plastics for r&b, but I don't think its a full set. Not sure if it would help stu

2 weeks later
#144 4 years ago

Hi guys! LAH was my first pin ever back in 2001, and it's still with me! I wanted to share a link to a product I've developed that is currently available for Data East machines just in case you guys didn't notice the other thread on it. It is called EnerGI Maestro and it is a PCB designed to calm your GI flashing effects when LEDs are installed in the game. If you're interested you can read the thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-gi-smoother-for-data-east

Official product website:

https://sites.google.com/site/energimaestro/

I'm not a big company, just a guy who loves pinball, so these are produced in limited supply; I currently have a small handful of extra kits on hand from the first run.

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

2. DE Rocky & Bullwinkle

Stu

You're in luck there. Below is my resource package containing an entire year's worth of scanning I did myself, photo documentation, and images I collected off the Internet in my obsessive quest to restore an old route R&B machine to museum-quality new. You'll find a complete set of NOS plastics I obtained and scanned myself at 600 DPI, as well as several decal scans and scaled photos. Keep in mind though that it was a work in progress, and so there are a few things missing like a scanned backglass and playfield.

Ultimately, I gave up as I realized it was becoming a money pit. I had spent over $2,000 in restoration parts alone, so if I were to sell it at some point, I'd have to take a severe loss. It does play beautifully and perfectly though, so I'll just keep it as my first pin and learning experience.

Here's the link to the 630 Megabyte zip package:

http://filetrip.net/dl?kcIGeMYEXx

#146 4 years ago

As a Tommy owner I have to ask:
Are the Special inserts decoys? In my 500 or whatever plays I haven't managed to light them once, and the manual doesn't say how it's done either.

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from MauriceSTYS:

As a Tommy owner I have to ask:
Are the Special inserts decoys? In my 500 or whatever plays I haven't managed to light them once, and the manual doesn't say how it's done either.

Award from Genius word completion (from what I can tell Googling), but it depends on your game settings. On my R&B, I had played for several months without seeing the extra ball on puzzle reveal, and it was because of my game settings. I changed the settings and it finally started showing up.

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from FirebrandX:

I changed the settings and it finally started showing up.

What specific settings did you change? I have mine set to maximum number of possible extra balls, Special = extra ball, etc. and have had neither an extra ball puzzle award nor a Rocky hat trick in over a year.

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

What specific settings did you change? I have mine set to maximum number of possible extra balls, Special = extra ball, etc. and have had neither an extra ball puzzle award nor a Rocky hat trick in over a year.

Really? What Rom version do you have? Mine is that unofficial 3.something (can't remember exactly). You might want to try a factory reset and a battery wipe. I vaguely remember someone having a similar problem, and it took a full reset like that if I remember correctly.

#150 4 years ago

Data east. Love my TFTC.

image.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 299.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
1,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 19.99
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lake Saint Louis, MO
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Tim's Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Tim's Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Great American Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1172 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside