• Yes, I have one. 361 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 169 votes
    27%
  • Considering buying one or more. 56 votes
    9%
  • No, never 32 votes
    5%

(Multiple choice - 618 votes by 602 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 383 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190826_143215_resized (resized).jpg
4167D3CE-13C3-40C4-8126-2F0D8B1A0B1C (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 4.28.23 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 3.48.19 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 3.55.02 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 4.01.46 PM (resized).png
20190809_162617 (resized).jpg
20190809_162606 (resized).jpg
20190809_162309 (resized).jpg
20190809_162257 (resized).jpg
20190809_162248 (resized).jpg
IMG_7264 (resized).JPG
IMG_1667 (resized).JPG
IMG_1666 (resized).JPG
0BDE6503-6D8B-4635-9B19-6B36817A8F53 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1423 (resized).JPG

There are 1330 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 27.
#1301 36 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Damn. I wonder id there is a way to retrofit a knocker to my Robocop. . These DE pins all use the same boards.

Wouldn‘t that require a firmware hack?

#1302 35 days ago
Quoted from dpannell:

Wow, that's some pimped out time machine, I like it! I have one myself that needs restored. Where did you get the spinning toy at the back?

Thanks. That is actually a Twilight Zone mod I bought off ebay. Works perfectly for Time Machine too!

#1303 34 days ago

Just listed my DESW for sale. Nice condition. Easy pickup only. $4000 firm. Thanks.

Archived after 14 days
Sold (amount unknown)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Star Wars Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Nice condition Data East Star Wars. Playfield is in very good condition. No missing parts. All LED lighting. Side art blades. All new rubber. New legs and levelers. Cabinet ...”
2019-08-12
Bethlehem, PA
4,000 (Firm)

#1304 34 days ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

There are only three games of which there are no knockers listed in the solenoids table/schematics.
These are:
Monday Night Football (allthough there is a report now there is a knocker)
Phantom of the Opera
Robocop
Isochronic_Frost: If you can provide me with the wire colors or maybe even the transistor, I will add the knocker to my Tech Chart for MNF.
Peter
http://www.inkochnito.nl

I’m terribly sorry, I feel like a fool
MNF doesn’t have a knocker. I don’t know why I was so sure!

#1305 34 days ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

What's with the speaker panels? Did they come from the factory with both gold and black versions?

1st generation = Laser War silver/chrome
2nd generation = Secret Service = gold/chrome
---------------- = Torpedo Alley = silver/chrome
---------------- = Time Machine = silver/chrome
---------------- = Play Boy 35th = early silver/chrome, then black production
---------------- = rest of Data East games, black production.
3rd generation = Back to the Future= black production, speaker style change.

#1306 34 days ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

There are only three games of which there are no knockers listed in the solenoids table/schematics.
These are:
Monday Night Football (allthough there is a report now there is a knocker)
Phantom of the Opera
Robocop
Isochronic_Frost: If you can provide me with the wire colors or maybe even the transistor, I will add the knocker to my Tech Chart for MNF.
Peter
http://www.inkochnito.nl

My Phantom of the Opera does not have a knocker.

Chris

#1307 31 days ago

Anyone know the part number to a lock down bar for Jurassic Park? I've looked in my manual and dont see one listed.

Thanks

#1308 31 days ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Anyone know the part number to a lock down bar for Jurassic Park? I've looked in my manual and dont see one listed.
Thanks

You can easily buy new DE lockdown bars. You should be able to google it, everyone has them. Pinball life, Marco, the likes

#1309 31 days ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

You can easily buy new DE lockdown bars. You should be able to google it, everyone has them. Pinball life, Marco, the likes

I have googled it. When I googled it Marco shows one not in stock. I did not see one listed at PB life. I will Google it from my PC and not my phone. Thanks

#1310 30 days ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I have googled it. When I googled it Marco shows one not in stock. I did not see one listed at PB life. I will Google it from my PC and not my phone. Thanks

Sorry didn’t mean to seem rude. PBL just had them a few days ago. I mean DE lockdowns seem to be some of the easier to attain. You could put up a WTB ad and get one fast aswell

#1311 30 days ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Sorry didn’t mean to seem rude. PBL just had them a few days ago. I mean DE lockdowns seem to be some of the easier to attain. You could put up a WTB ad and get one fast aswell

Where can you get the stainless lock down? All ive seen for sale are black ones.... its for a playboy 35th

1 week later
#1312 19 days ago

Anyone need a working DE 520-5002-01 sound board?
It was used in Monday Night Football, Back to the Future, Phantom of the Opera, Playboy 35th Anniversary, Robocop, Secret Service, Time Machine and Torpedo Alley Pinball Machines.

#1313 19 days ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

My GnR has a knocker, but the previous owner disconnectet it for some reason....
maybe i should try and reconnect it.....

Beware, I have seen them disconnected on a couple DE pins, where the Tip36 transistor on the PPB board was shorted internally. The easy opp field fix was to cut the wire. Best to do a ohm check across the transistor on the board to check it first.

#1314 19 days ago
Quoted from RYSR:

Beware, I have seen them disconnected on a couple DE pins, where the Tip36 transistor on the PPB board was shorted internally. The easy opp field fix was to cut the wire. Best to do a ohm check across the transistor on the board to check it first.

So that transistor shorted often? Because I’ve seen so many DE’s with the knocker cut and not sure why it was so widespread.

#1315 19 days ago

Does anyone have a source for the correct short rubber bungee that is used to hold up the playfield on games like Rocky and Bullwinkle?

#1316 19 days ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

Where can you get the stainless lock down? All ive seen for sale are black ones.... its for a playboy 35th

I need one too, for Time Machine. Anyone?

#1317 19 days ago
Quoted from dpannell:

I need one too, for Time Machine. Anyone?

Seems like something someone should produce since they already have the black ones out there......

#1318 17 days ago

I picked up a DE Phantom of the Opera and I've got it back to 100% except for one thing: I can't get any of the configuration items to change.

I've put in new batteries and tested the voltage at the battery test point and it's 4.86 V. When I go through the menu items, I can press "start" to toggle the item, but no sound plays and no change is visible in the display. When I move to the next config item it says "REQUEST INSTLLD" as expected, but when I move back and look, nothing has changed, nor if I roll through the rest of the items and go back in and look again. It's on version A03-2.

Any suggestions what to try next?

#1319 17 days ago

does anyone know where i can purchase a coin door switch cover?

#1320 17 days ago
Quoted from zerbam:

dors anyone know where i can purchase a coin door switch cover?

I’m not sure what you mean by this? Do you have any picture references?

#1321 17 days ago

my bullwinkle has one and missing one.......it is a clear cover over the credit switches inside the coin door

#1322 17 days ago
Quoted from zerbam:

my bullwinkle has one and missing one.......it is a clear cover over the credit switches inside the coin door

Ah yes okay, the coinco plastic covers
Most games I’ve gotten had one removed, probably for an op or home user to add credits instead of setting it to freeplay (because somehow that’s too difficult)
I don’t think they’re made anymore. I can check tomorrow to see if I have spares

#1323 17 days ago

that would be great............thanks

#1324 16 days ago
Quoted from zerbam:

Remove the other one and then they will match. Less stress.

#1325 16 days ago

sorry.....can't do that.........I am more of a completest!

#1326 16 days ago
Quoted from zerbam:

sorry.....can't do that.........I am more of a completest!

So you're saying...if the only way to get that plastic is to buy another coin door, you'll do it?

#1327 16 days ago

so your saying you have a coin door that has both covers and you are going are going to remove one just to sell me the coin door instead of just the cover?

#1328 16 days ago
Quoted from zerbam:

so your saying you have a coin door that has both covers and you are going are going to remove one just to sell me the coin door instead of just the cover?

My coin door is missing so I have none to sell. It was a what if question. Just trying to see how bad your OCD is.

#1329 16 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

So you're saying...if the only way to get that plastic is to buy another coin door, you'll do it?

I purchased a second Time Machine to lay hands on the spare backglass so there is precedent.

20190826_143215_resized (resized).jpg
#1330 16 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I purchased a second Time Machine to lay hands on the spare backglass so there is precedent.[quoted image]

2 times the fun!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
$ 29.99
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
5,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
San Jose, CA
$ 399.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
There are 1330 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 27.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside