• Yes, I have one. 570 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 280 votes
    29%
  • Considering buying one or more. 84 votes
    9%
  • No, never 44 votes
    4%

(Multiple choice - 978 votes by 936 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
67312872-3690-4A0C-A367-BFA047062595 (resized).jpeg
20240325_112554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
0315241421.jpg
0315241430.jpg
0315241420.jpg
R&B Problem Solving (resized).jpg
received_7209732659109600.jpeg
received_412878897897607.jpeg
received_7503193196399245.jpeg
received_925266752300128.jpeg
IMG_6450 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 62.
#1101 5 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Is the cabinet switches gold contacts?
Is the power hold circuitry working on the solid state board?

Not sure, how do I check the hold circuit?

#1102 5 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Cold solder joints at the SSFB?

Always possible, but worked fine before...

1 week later
#1103 5 years ago

Thinking about selling my DE Powerboard from my JP. What's something like this worth? I pulled it out and replaced it with an Xpin one to be more future proof. There was an issue with the sound cutting out that I could never track down, and someone suggested just replacing the powerboard.

The only visible issue I see is that one of the pins looks a little toasty.

2018-10-02 10.38.53 (resized).jpg2018-10-02 10.38.53 (resized).jpg2018-10-02 10.39.08 (resized).jpg2018-10-02 10.39.08 (resized).jpg2018-10-02 10.41.15 (resized).jpg2018-10-02 10.41.15 (resized).jpg
#1104 5 years ago

This is my Data east line-up, I doubt any of these will ever leave. When I first got into pinball I always looked down on DE games and they never stayed long but in the last 5 years or so have revisited them with a newfound appreciation, helped by Pinsound

20180914_180848 (resized).jpg20180914_180848 (resized).jpg

#1105 5 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

This is my Data east line-up, I doubt any of these will ever leave. When I first got into pinball I always looked down on DE games and they never stayed long but in the last 5 years or so have revisited them with a newfound appreciation, helped by Pinsound
[quoted image]

...and code updates.

#1106 5 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

[quoted image]

Uhh...you know a ColorDMD is available for all 5 of them? Get started. Congrats on your row of 5 there. Definitely some good DE titles.

#1107 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Uhh...you know a ColorDMD is available for all 5 of them? Get started. Congrats on your row of 5 there. Definitely some good DE titles.

Do you know what, I kind of like the original, I have colour displays in my MM, Shadow and TAFG but apart from that I like it original, sorry

#1108 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

and code updates.

Absolutely, Chad how rude of me, please accept my apologies! Just waiting for G&R now

#1109 5 years ago

I am in desperate search of p/n 515-5850-00 or the whole assembly so I can finish up my LAH for the local pinball show on the 19th. Anyone have one to sell? 2018-10-07 09_55_14-Marco Specialties Pinball Parts - Internet Explorer (resized).png2018-10-07 09_55_14-Marco Specialties Pinball Parts - Internet Explorer (resized).png

3 weeks later
#1110 5 years ago

couple of plungers for sale 1 data east and 1 unknown.......$15.00 plus shipping for both

IMG_5929 (resized).JPGIMG_5929 (resized).JPGIMG_5930 (resized).JPGIMG_5930 (resized).JPGIMG_5931 (resized).JPGIMG_5931 (resized).JPGIMG_5932 (resized).JPGIMG_5932 (resized).JPG
#1111 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

1 data east and 1 unknown

1 unknown: Bally, late 1970's /early 1980's.

#1112 5 years ago

plungers sold........thanks

#1113 5 years ago

[EDIT: Someone very helpful on the Data East Facebook Group helped out]

But if anyone's parting one out I've got some parts I'm in search of! Specifically desperate for the plastic underneath the yellow wire ramp.

#1114 5 years ago

Did you ever resolve this? I have a DE Playboy, replaced the sound rom chips, but I only get barely audible distorted voice and no music and lots of loud humming. Anyone have some help for a newbie? thx

#1115 5 years ago
Quoted from DocFinlay:

Did you ever resolve this? I have a DE Playboy, replaced the sound rom chips, but I only get barely audible distorted voice and no music and lots of loud humming. Anyone have some help for a newbie? thx

Check and verify clean power....both DC levels and AC ripple. Any questionable out of spec power should be investigated.
Try reseating, checking continuity, or better yet - replacement - of the ribbon cable between the MPU and sound board.
Check all sockets, make sure no damage, contamination...replace any questionable sockets. Should be clean and shiny sockets as well as the pins on the ICs.
If none of the above, you'll probably need an oscilloscope and advanced audio troubleshooting techniques or enlist the help of a professional.

1 week later
#1116 5 years ago

Hey gang. New pin owner. Didn't read all 23 pages but many. Having a Star Wars Power issue. Replaced the power board and have now discovered it's and issue at the fuse down in the volume control box. It's finicky and had to be twisted in just right for the machine to power on. It has since gotten extremely worse. The bottom of the fuse holder will literally catch on fire if turned on. Holy he'll. What do I do?

#1117 5 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Hey gang. New pin owner. Didn't read all 23 pages but many. Having a Star Wars Power issue. Replaced the power board and have now discovered it's and issue at the fuse down in the volume control box. It's finicky and had to be twisted in just right for the machine to power on. It has since gotten extremely worse. The bottom of the fuse holder will literally catch on fire if turned on. Holy he'll. What do I do?

Repair it immediately! That game is unsafe. Nobody needs a fire. At minimum you are going to need a new fuse holder and mains power cable, probably replace the power switch and line filter as well. If you can't or don't want to, please enlist professional assistance.

#1118 5 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Replace the fuse holder.

#1119 5 years ago
Quoted from Bakerman:

Replace the fuse holder.

Id argue to replace the filter, fuse holder, at the same time.

#1120 5 years ago

If it's getting hot, I'd disconnect everything and do some voltage checks as well.

#1121 5 years ago

I'd sell it, and simply state in the ad "it just needs a fuse"...

#1122 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Id argue to replace the filter, fuse holder, at the same time.

Why?

#1123 5 years ago

Seems like that whole system of power in, filter, fuse holder were all in a rough enough shape that one part of it caught fire. I'd imagine the other parts of that circuit were messed with as well

#1124 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Seems like that whole system of power in, filter, fuse holder were all in a rough enough shape that one part of it caught fire. I'd imagine the other parts of that circuit were messed with as well

I imagine that I would only replace parts that need replacing.

#1125 5 years ago
Quoted from Bakerman:

I imagine that I would only replace parts that need replacing.

Eh, its a $6 filter and your pin was already on fire. Really up to you. Post the results after you fix the power box.

#1126 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Eh, its a $6 filter and your pin was already on fire. Really up to you. Post the results after you fix the power box.

Noy my pin. Not my powerbox.

4 weeks later
#1127 5 years ago

Guys: working on a jp.

Pinwiki and manual has the PPB board fuse F6 as a 5A. But clays guide lists it as a 3A.

Also fuse for F9 as well as pinwiki and clay says 5A but but manual says 4A.

Can anyone confirm correct fuses?

Also a source for the correct fuse clips

Thanks!

#1128 5 years ago

Bump. Anyone?

#1129 5 years ago

Fuse clips Ed at Great plains electronics is a source for them. Can't help on fuse own older de games books say 3a for my games.

#1130 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Pinwiki and manual has the PPB board fuse F6 as a 5A. But clays guide lists it as a 3A.
Thanks!

Note that Clays guides say fuses specified are for *most* games, and to refer to your manual for exact fuse recommendations. There are many faces in this series, some have different board revisions and. game features.

#1131 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Note that Clays guides say fuses specified are for *most* games, and to refer to your manual for exact fuse recommendations. There are many faces in this series, some have different board revisions and. game features.

I hear ya. So you think just follow manual over pinwiki or clay?

Just concerned bc I picked up this gorgeous jp that worked fine at sellers location. All I did was fold head and load into truck. Got home and fuses started blowing.

#1132 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Thanks!

Hi BB,

Look at the board on the far left-hand side of the photo below from my JP archive photos for the F6 fuse (bottom fuse) on the PCB itself it displays 5A SB. Make sure that you zoom in on the photo to see all the required detail.

Gord

P1000419 (resized).JPGP1000419 (resized).JPG

#1133 5 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi BB,
Look at the board on the far left-hand side of the photo below from my JP archive photos for the F6 fuse (bottom fuse) on the PCB itself it displays 5A SB. Make sure that you zoom in on the photo to see all the required detail.
Gord
[quoted image]

Thanks. Gonna go w 5A

#1134 5 years ago

Can any of you guys verify something for me please?

On the PPB 520-5021-05 board there are fuses for the solenoids (F6) and flashers (F7).
When you remove F7 does F6 still have power?
Remember F6 is at the open side of the relay.
In other words, do the coils still work?
Easy to check via the coil test.

I believe there is a design error in this board regarding F7 position.
I know you can't change the fuse from position, but I maybe we can come up with a solution....

Peter
http://www.inkochnito.nl

Data_East_Playfield_Power_Board_520-5021-05_partial_schematic_error (resized).jpgData_East_Playfield_Power_Board_520-5021-05_partial_schematic_error (resized).jpgData_East_Playfield_Power_Board_520-5021-05_partial_schematic_correction (resized).jpgData_East_Playfield_Power_Board_520-5021-05_partial_schematic_correction (resized).jpg

#1135 5 years ago

Hi all,
Currently have a Twister, and a Last Action Hero on order to be delivered later this week. Posted this question in the Twister club forum as well:

I'm finally getting around to replacing a couple ROM chips in my Twister to see if that improves spinner/fan functionality. I had trouble pulling the ROMS which is why I took so long as I didn't want to break anything. Finally was able to figure out how to extract existing chips without causing damage.

Here is what I got:
TWISTER (SEGA) EPROM U210 GAME A4.05
TWISTER (SEGA) EPROM ROM0 DISPLAY A4.00

I replaced both in the game, but when I turned on game it doesn't appear to boot. Lights come on, but game doesn't start. Removed the new main ROM (but left display) and replaced with original, and game booted after asking me to open door.

Question 1: Is there something I should be doing to help it boot with new ROM chip, or is it missing something else that needs to be added for the new ROM chip to work?

Question 2: Aside from display working as expected, how can I check that updated ROM is functioning properly, what has changed?

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks.

#1136 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I hear ya. So you think just follow manual over pinwiki or clay?
Just concerned bc I picked up this gorgeous jp that worked fine at sellers location. All I did was fold head and load into truck. Got home and fuses started blowing.

Make certain the fuses are actually s!ow blow (time delay) fuses. Make sure that no instantaneous coils are struck on. This could be a simple case of things getting jostled in transportation.

#1137 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Make certain the fuses are actually s!ow blow (time delay) fuses. Make sure that no instantaneous coils are struck on. This could be a simple case of things getting jostled in transportation.

I did find a wire to a T. rex switch came loose from its lug on the switch and was actually touching the other switch lug. Hoping that’s why I had a bunch of fuses blow. The pin worked perfect at sellers.

#1138 5 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

Hi all,
Currently have a Twister, and a Last Action Hero on order to be delivered later this week. Posted this question in the Twister club forum as well:
I'm finally getting around to replacing a couple ROM chips in my Twister to see if that improves spinner/fan functionality. I had trouble pulling the ROMS which is why I took so long as I didn't want to break anything. Finally was able to figure out how to extract existing chips without causing damage.
Here is what I got:
TWISTER (SEGA) EPROM U210 GAME A4.05
TWISTER (SEGA) EPROM ROM0 DISPLAY A4.00
I replaced both in the game, but when I turned on game it doesn't appear to boot. Lights come on, but game doesn't start. Removed the new main ROM (but left display) and replaced with original, and game booted after asking me to open door.
Question 1: Is there something I should be doing to help it boot with new ROM chip, or is it missing something else that needs to be added for the new ROM chip to work?
Question 2: Aside from display working as expected, how can I check that updated ROM is functioning properly, what has changed?
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks.

Since Twister is a Sega game, it is best to post in the Sega club. DE and Sega have different board sets between them. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-club

#1139 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Since Twister is a Sega game, it is best to post in the Sega club. DE and Sega have different board sets between them. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-club

Wow,
I seriously thought they were both made by the same company...

m_miscon (resized).jpgm_miscon (resized).jpg
#1140 5 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

Wow,
I seriously thought they were both made by the same company...[quoted image]

DE became Sega, but the DMD controller board and the DMD are the only things in common between the boards. So, depending on how much DE people know about the Whitestar board set, you may not get much help here.

#1141 5 years ago

Hello guys,

Maybe this is interesting to few Data East owner. I have created an electronic ball trough sensor board for my Jurassic Park. I've got a hint, that most probably it will work in GNR, Tommy, LAH, TFTC, WWFRR as well.
If you are interested, please check my post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/96#post-4743040

c775ffceab2f737d7a4bf39ebd43b4d097b9a939.gifc775ffceab2f737d7a4bf39ebd43b4d097b9a939.gif
#1142 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hello guys,
Maybe this is interesting to few Data East owner. I have created an electronic ball trough sensor board for my Jurassic Park. I've got a hint, that most probably it will work in GNR, Tommy, LAH, TFTC, WWFRR as well.
If you are interested, please check my post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/96#post-4743040[quoted image]

This looks interesting.

Can you elaborate on the pro's of having it?
Will you be selling these?

#1143 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

This looks interesting.
Can you elaborate on the pro's of having it?
Will you be selling these?

Advantages:
-Immediate response from ball trough
-No more clogging, smooth ball movements in ball trough
-No more X balls missing message
-No more strange strange behaviour during multiballs

Here is a typical ball trough issue at 4:20, after left drain.

Yes, I will produce a small batch.

#1144 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Advantages:
-Immediate response from ball trough
-No more clogging, smooth ball movements in ball trough
-No more X balls missing message
-No more strange strange behaviour during multiballs
Here is a typical ball trough issue at 4:20, after left drain.

Yes, I will produce a small batch.

Like I said in my PM....I am definitely interested!

Thanks

1 week later
#1145 5 years ago

Definitely interested in one as well.

#1146 5 years ago

Had a R n B. Loved it til it got stolen. Would like another. The only thing that got annoying was if someone left a ball in shooter lane and walked away. The annoying music keeps going forever. I wish there was a timer for that.

#1147 5 years ago

chasing logo shooter rods for my hook and my secret service if anyone can help, also a good secret service ramp if such a thing exists outside a machine

1 week later
#1148 5 years ago

Have a row of the backbox burned out in a Jurassic Park. What connector is this? Had trouble tracing it.
Top half is out.

#1149 5 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Have a row of the backbox burned out in a Jurassic Park. What connector is this? Had trouble tracing it.
Top half is out.

Let's see your CN6 connector on your power supply.

#1150 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me if the flippers on Time Machine are supposed to do a lane change on the lane lights up top?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,800 (OBO)
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-pinball-club/page/23?hl=robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.