• Yes, I have one. 315 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 147 votes
    27%
  • Considering buying one or more. 50 votes
    9%
  • No, never 28 votes
    5%

(Multiple choice - 540 votes by 528 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 312 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5929 (resized).JPG
IMG_5930 (resized).JPG
IMG_5932 (resized).JPG
IMG_5931 (resized).JPG
2018-10-07 09_55_14-Marco Specialties Pinball Parts - Internet Explorer (resized).png
20180914_180848 (resized).jpg
2018-10-02 10.41.15 (resized).jpg
2018-10-02 10.39.08 (resized).jpg
2018-10-02 10.38.53 (resized).jpg
IMG_1050 (resized).JPG
IMG_0244 (resized).JPG
sb62.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_20180912_174629 (resized).jpg
2018-09-12 09_52_29-Rocky And Bullwinkle – classicplayfields.com - Internet Explorer (resized).png
IMG_9300.jpg
IMG_9290.jpg

There are 1126 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 23.
#1101 57 days ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Is the cabinet switches gold contacts?
Is the power hold circuitry working on the solid state board?

Not sure, how do I check the hold circuit?

#1102 57 days ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Cold solder joints at the SSFB?

Always possible, but worked fine before...

1 week later
#1103 49 days ago

Thinking about selling my DE Powerboard from my JP. What's something like this worth? I pulled it out and replaced it with an Xpin one to be more future proof. There was an issue with the sound cutting out that I could never track down, and someone suggested just replacing the powerboard.

The only visible issue I see is that one of the pins looks a little toasty.

2018-10-02 10.38.53 (resized).jpg2018-10-02 10.39.08 (resized).jpg2018-10-02 10.41.15 (resized).jpg
#1104 49 days ago

This is my Data east line-up, I doubt any of these will ever leave. When I first got into pinball I always looked down on DE games and they never stayed long but in the last 5 years or so have revisited them with a newfound appreciation, helped by Pinsound

20180914_180848 (resized).jpg

#1105 49 days ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

This is my Data east line-up, I doubt any of these will ever leave. When I first got into pinball I always looked down on DE games and they never stayed long but in the last 5 years or so have revisited them with a newfound appreciation, helped by Pinsound
[quoted image]

...and code updates.

#1106 49 days ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

[quoted image]

Uhh...you know a ColorDMD is available for all 5 of them? Get started. Congrats on your row of 5 there. Definitely some good DE titles.

#1107 48 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Uhh...you know a ColorDMD is available for all 5 of them? Get started. Congrats on your row of 5 there. Definitely some good DE titles.

Do you know what, I kind of like the original, I have colour displays in my MM, Shadow and TAFG but apart from that I like it original, sorry

#1108 48 days ago
Quoted from ChadH:

and code updates.

Absolutely, Chad how rude of me, please accept my apologies! Just waiting for G&R now

#1109 44 days ago

I am in desperate search of p/n 515-5850-00 or the whole assembly so I can finish up my LAH for the local pinball show on the 19th. Anyone have one to sell? 2018-10-07 09_55_14-Marco Specialties Pinball Parts - Internet Explorer (resized).png

3 weeks later
#1110 22 days ago

couple of plungers for sale 1 data east and 1 unknown.......$15.00 plus shipping for both

IMG_5929 (resized).JPGIMG_5930 (resized).JPGIMG_5931 (resized).JPGIMG_5932 (resized).JPG
#1111 22 days ago
Quoted from zerbam:

1 data east and 1 unknown

1 unknown: Bally, late 1970's /early 1980's.

#1112 22 days ago

plungers sold........thanks

#1113 21 days ago

[EDIT: Someone very helpful on the Data East Facebook Group helped out]

But if anyone's parting one out I've got some parts I'm in search of! Specifically desperate for the plastic underneath the yellow wire ramp.

#1114 15 days ago

Did you ever resolve this? I have a DE Playboy, replaced the sound rom chips, but I only get barely audible distorted voice and no music and lots of loud humming. Anyone have some help for a newbie? thx

#1115 15 days ago
Quoted from DocFinlay:

Did you ever resolve this? I have a DE Playboy, replaced the sound rom chips, but I only get barely audible distorted voice and no music and lots of loud humming. Anyone have some help for a newbie? thx

Check and verify clean power....both DC levels and AC ripple. Any questionable out of spec power should be investigated.
Try reseating, checking continuity, or better yet - replacement - of the ribbon cable between the MPU and sound board.
Check all sockets, make sure no damage, contamination...replace any questionable sockets. Should be clean and shiny sockets as well as the pins on the ICs.
If none of the above, you'll probably need an oscilloscope and advanced audio troubleshooting techniques or enlist the help of a professional.

1 week later
#1116 5 days ago

Hey gang. New pin owner. Didn't read all 23 pages but many. Having a Star Wars Power issue. Replaced the power board and have now discovered it's and issue at the fuse down in the volume control box. It's finicky and had to be twisted in just right for the machine to power on. It has since gotten extremely worse. The bottom of the fuse holder will literally catch on fire if turned on. Holy he'll. What do I do?

#1117 5 days ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Hey gang. New pin owner. Didn't read all 23 pages but many. Having a Star Wars Power issue. Replaced the power board and have now discovered it's and issue at the fuse down in the volume control box. It's finicky and had to be twisted in just right for the machine to power on. It has since gotten extremely worse. The bottom of the fuse holder will literally catch on fire if turned on. Holy he'll. What do I do?

Repair it immediately! That game is unsafe. Nobody needs a fire. At minimum you are going to need a new fuse holder and mains power cable, probably replace the power switch and line filter as well. If you can't or don't want to, please enlist professional assistance.

#1118 5 days ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Replace the fuse holder.

#1119 5 days ago
Quoted from Bakerman:

Replace the fuse holder.

Id argue to replace the filter, fuse holder, at the same time.

#1120 4 days ago

If it's getting hot, I'd disconnect everything and do some voltage checks as well.

#1121 4 days ago

I'd sell it, and simply state in the ad "it just needs a fuse"...

#1122 4 days ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Id argue to replace the filter, fuse holder, at the same time.

Why?

#1123 4 days ago

Seems like that whole system of power in, filter, fuse holder were all in a rough enough shape that one part of it caught fire. I'd imagine the other parts of that circuit were messed with as well

#1124 3 days ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Seems like that whole system of power in, filter, fuse holder were all in a rough enough shape that one part of it caught fire. I'd imagine the other parts of that circuit were messed with as well

I imagine that I would only replace parts that need replacing.

#1125 3 days ago
Quoted from Bakerman:

I imagine that I would only replace parts that need replacing.

Eh, its a $6 filter and your pin was already on fire. Really up to you. Post the results after you fix the power box.

#1126 3 days ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Eh, its a $6 filter and your pin was already on fire. Really up to you. Post the results after you fix the power box.

Noy my pin. Not my powerbox.

There are 1126 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 23.
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 82.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 24.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
$ 63.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 299.00
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Luling, LA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Greenwich, RI
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Tim's Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 24.95
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside