• Yes, I have one. 570 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 280 votes
    29%
  • Considering buying one or more. 84 votes
    9%
  • No, never 44 votes
    4%

(Multiple choice - 978 votes by 936 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
67312872-3690-4A0C-A367-BFA047062595 (resized).jpeg
20240325_112554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
0315241421.jpg
0315241430.jpg
0315241420.jpg
R&B Problem Solving (resized).jpg
received_7209732659109600.jpeg
received_412878897897607.jpeg
received_7503193196399245.jpeg
received_925266752300128.jpeg
IMG_6450 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 62.
#1051 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Sounds like you need new switches. The white coin door one is the interlock switch that should signal when the door is open when the switch is open. There is not a wire came loose on the back of the white one?

No there is no loose wire, that's why I took is apart. Everything seems ok.

But when I open the coin door it doesn't automatically go to audit mode
Maybe the switches need replacing?

#1052 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

No there is no loose wire, that's why I took is apart. Everything seems ok.
But when I open the coin door it doesn't automatically go to audit mode
Maybe the switches need replacing?

It will not go into audit or diagnostic mode on its own. When you press the other button, other than the green one, should enter whichever menu depending on the up/down selection of the green switch. The white interlock also supposed to cut power to the coils when the coin door is open.

#1053 5 years ago

You can test continuity with a meter to know if the switches are working.

#1054 5 years ago

It will not go into audit or diagnostic mode on its own. When you press the other button, other than the green one, should enter whichever menu depending on the up/down selection of the green switch. The white interlock also supposed to cut power to the coils when the coin door is open.

Well I know from experience that the coils still function with the coin door open.

It terms of the switches, the black one that cycles through the menu works. The green one that presses in and presses out does not work unless I press the white coin door switch simultaneously.

Looks like I need new switches.

#1055 5 years ago

You can test continuity with a meter to know if the switches are working.

That's the next step. Thanks for the help

#1056 5 years ago

I have a flaky select menu switch I need to replace on my DE Simpsons. Most times I have to press it several times to get it to work. Contact spray may work temporarily on it if it is just dirty but will not help if the contacts inside are worn.

#1057 5 years ago

I have a flaky select menu switch I need to replace on my DE Simpsons. Most times I have to press it several times to get it to work. Contact spray may work temporarily on it if it is just dirty but will not help if the contacts inside are worn.

Flaky is the word.

I figured it out. In order to trigger the adjustments I must press down onto the white coin door switch, then press down the green button at the same time. Then I press the black button and it prompts the adjustments menu.

So basically any time I want to switch between adjustments and diagnostics, I must hold down the white coin door switch and press or depress the green button.

Not sure why it's like that all of a sudden. Thanks for the help troubleshooting!

#1058 5 years ago

Can you go into the switch edge test and see if the white coin door switch registers? That sounds opposite of what it should be doing.

#1059 5 years ago

Can you go into the switch edge test and see if the white coin door switch registers? That sounds opposite of what it should be doing.

Switch test shows nothing being activated when I press the white coin door switch or when it's released.

#1060 5 years ago

What about pressing the green and the white switches at the same time?

#1061 5 years ago

What about pressing the green and the white switches at the same time?

Nothing activates in the switch test when I do this.

I figured out how to navigate through both adjustments and diagnostics. It's just an odd and perplexing minor issue now.

#1062 5 years ago

Might be good time to test all the switches in the game in the switch edge test.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1063 5 years ago

Might be good time to test all the switches in the game in the switch edge test.

Every switch works. Just did a shop job.

This is just a minor issue that I can now navigate. I will just live with it for now. I appreciate the help!

#1064 5 years ago

Do you have LEDs or a LED ColorDMD installed in your game?

#1065 5 years ago

Yes to LEDs and color DMD

#1066 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Yes to LEDs and color DMD

Sweet. I have a LED ColorDMD but not yet tried LEDs in the game. It is tough trying to find a perfect "warm white" match with LEDs for the GI. I like my games bright, but with that comes the strobing effect that makes me fill a bit dizzy at times.

#1067 5 years ago

Sweet. I have a LED ColorDMD but not yet tried LEDs in the game. It is tough trying to find a perfect "warm white" match with LEDs for the GI. I like my games bright, but with that comes the strobing effect that makes me fill a bit dizzy at times.

My TFTC came blinged out in different coloured + SUPER bright LEDs. I ordered all warm white LEDs for the entire machine from titan pinball. I'll do the LED swap to warm white when I have my NOS playfield swapped in.

Finally got the shaker motor working too. It's pretty neat. What are your thoughts on the shaker? On or off?

#1068 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

My TFTC came blinged out in different coloured + SUPER bright LEDs. I ordered all warm white LEDs for the entire machine from titan pinball. I'll do the LED swap to warm white when I have my NOS playfield swapped in.
Finally got the shaker motor working too. It's pretty neat. What are your thoughts on the shaker? On or off?

Sweet. I bet you're looking forward to doing all that work on the playfield swap. <Sarcasm>

I haven't played TFTC much in the past to remember if it had a working shaker motor. I do like it in LAH though. Oops...my previous post should have mentioned the LEDs and LED ColorDMD are in my LAH. I don't have a TFTC. A friend of mine is needing me to work on his TFTC, so I'll have access to his when I get some free space in the house for his project game. I'm looking forward to that.

#1069 5 years ago

Sweet. I bet you're looking forward to doing all that work on the playfield swap. &lt;Sarcasm&gt;
I haven't played TFTC much in the past to remember if it had a working shaker motor. I do like it in LAH though. Oops...my previous post should have mentioned the LEDs and LED ColorDMD are in my LAH. I don't have a TFTC. A friend of mine is needing me to work on his TFTC, so I'll have access to his when I get some free space in the house for his project game. I'm looking forward to that.

Forgot to mention I got pinstadiums instaled as well. Really makes the playfield pop!!

I'm just asking in general about the shaker because I'm wondering if all that shaking will cause problems down the road. (things shaking out of place or falling off onto the cabinet)

#1070 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Forgot to mention I got pinstadiums instaled as well. Really makes the playfield pop!!
I'm just asking in general about the shaker because I'm wondering if all that shaking will cause problems down the road. (things shaking out of place or falling off onto the cabinet)

If you like it how it is implemented in the game play, keep it on. It adds a nice touch to LAH. I added one in my Stern Star Wars and in my Stern Indiana Jones and I'm glad I did it for both. I don't foresee any future issues with the shaker installed.

#1071 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Hi Sean,

The shaker motor is great on TFTC and I haven't had any problems with things shaking out of place or falling off into the cabinet in the 3 years that I have owned my TFTC. You will be glad that you were able to get your shaker motor working on your TFTC once you play a few games with the shaker motor being fully functional.

Good luck on your upcoming NOS TFTC playfield swap. Your TFTC will really shine with a new playfield.

Gord

#1072 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi Sean,
The shaker motor is great on TFTC and I haven't had any problems with things shaking out of place or falling off into the cabinet in the 3 years that I have owned my TFTC. You will be glad that you were able to get your shaker motor working on your TFTC once you play a few games with the shaker motor being fully functional.
Good luck on your upcoming NOS TFTC playfield swap. Your TFTC will really shine with a new playfield.
Gord

Definitely boring without a shaker. You can change the intensity of the shaking by loosening the set screws on the weight and changing the balance and then tightening it back down.

#1073 5 years ago

Good news!!! CPR Rocky & Bullwinkle plastic set is now available.
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/rockyandbullwinkle/
2018-09-12 09_52_29-Rocky And Bullwinkle – classicplayfields.com - Internet Explorer (resized).png2018-09-12 09_52_29-Rocky And Bullwinkle – classicplayfields.com - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#1074 5 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi Sean,
Gord

Hey Gord! Thanks for the information. I very much enjoy the game with the shaker functioning and enabled. The game shakes quite a bit....everytime you hit a scoop shot mode, every ramp shot, tombstone strike, pop bumpers, captive ball, multiball.

I like going down into the crypt when you get multiball and it begins shaking, that's pretty neat.

Quoted from Meloyelo51:

Definitely boring without a shaker. You can change the intensity of the shaking by loosening the set screws on the weight and changing the balance and then tightening it back down.

I don't find the shaking violent but I'd be curious in reducing the intensity just a tad to see the difference.

#1076 5 years ago

No matter how many times I say I'm done with DE machines, they just keep pulling me back in!

IMG_20180912_174629 (resized).jpgIMG_20180912_174629 (resized).jpg
#1077 5 years ago

I am Batman. I hope I can own one of those one day.

#1078 5 years ago

I am Batman. I hope I can own one of those one day.

Fun game that anyone can jump in and start playing. I also have a WoZ and I found that people who play that one have no clue what they are doing!

Good luck in your search!

#1079 5 years ago

Is there a service bulletin for Data East flipper coils?

I'm looking at ordering coils for my TFTC & my manual says they are the same. But I thought the upper flipper was changed to a lesser strength one in the service bulletin.

Thanks

#1080 5 years ago

I think you need to look at sb62.
Look at the second page.
There are all the games listed with their coils.

Peter
www.inkochnito.nl

sb62.pdfsb62.pdf
#1081 5 years ago

LAH rocks.

#1082 5 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

I think you need to look at sb62.
Look at the second page.
There are all the games listed with their coils.
Peter
www.inkochnito.nl
[quoted image]

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

#1083 5 years ago

When I turn on my Batman, the speakers have a ton of feedback and static. After starting a game and playing for a little bit, the static goes away completely.

Is this a sign that my speakers are on their way out?

#1084 5 years ago

DE machines always seemed to have a feedback sound hum in them.... or at least the ones I have owned and played.

#1085 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

DE machines always seemed to have a feedback sound hum in them.... or at least the ones I have owned and played.

This is more than the usual hum. It's full-on static and crackling OVER the music and sound effects. After a few minutes, they seem to warm up and everything sounds great.

#1086 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

This is more than the usual hum. It's full-on static and crackling OVER the music and sound effects. After a few minutes, they seem to warm up and everything sounds great.

Have you tried some contact cleaner of the volume pot? does it crackle more or less so as you are adjust the vol level?

#1087 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Have you tried some contact cleaner of the volume pot? does it crackle more or less so as you are adjust the vol level?

Crackling is there no matter how loud it is. Bizarre, yet expected since the game is 27 years old.

#1088 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

When I turn on my Batman, the speakers have a ton of feedback and static. After starting a game and playing for a little bit, the static goes away completely.
Is this a sign that my speakers are on their way out?

Get the pinsound board and Flipper Fidelity speakers. It will blow you away.

#1089 5 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

Get the pinsound board and Flipper Fidelity speakers. It will blow you away.

That's next on my list! Had a Pinsound in my DE Star Wars and it was amazing.

#1090 5 years ago

I feel your pain dirtbag66 i also suffer the Data east pinball syndrome. Symptoms include ownership of 2 or more De machines or repeated cycle of buying of another DE machines after just selling one. Up to 4 and keep looking with one eye. See broken ones in the wild and leave my number sometimes.

IMAG1081 (resized).jpgIMAG1081 (resized).jpgIMG_0244 (resized).JPGIMG_0244 (resized).JPGIMG_1050 (resized).JPGIMG_1050 (resized).JPG
#1091 5 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

I feel your pain dirtbag66 i also suffer the Data east pinball syndrome. Symptoms include ownership of 2 or more De machines or repeated cycle of buying of another DE machines after just selling one. Up to 4 and keep looking with one eye. See broken ones in the wild and leave my number sometimes.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The addiction is real! I've owned Monday Night Football twice, and will probably own a JP again someday. And don't forget about RoboCop! The one I owned gave me fits and was a total lemon, but if I can find another one that works 100% (i.e. you can actually make the ramp shot when you hit it clean), I might have to snatch that one up again as well.

#1092 5 years ago

Only others i may have want for some day would be #tales-from-the-crypt , #secret-service, #torpedo-alley , #laser-war , #jurassic-park, #adventures-of-rocky-and-bullwinkle-and-friends maybe art is just out right perfect for theme and #lethal-weapon-3. But some else is going have to foot the bill for them. I'm screwed because i remember seeing these all new then and fed them what quarters i could find. Just remember seeing them in groups of 3 every so often.

Maybe some day see every DE game in a row in order including #king-kong

#1093 5 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

Maybe some day see every DE game in a row in order

Banning, Ca. The Museum of Pinball.
They are very close to having every Data East game.

#1094 5 years ago

Most volume pots that spin are "self cleaning" so with the machine off, crank the volume all the way down and all the way up a bunch of times. That should take the crackle out... same for stereos, guitar amps etc...

1 week later
#1095 5 years ago

had an issue with my Rocky and Bullwinkle.
When playing this weekend, the left flipper would sometimes not flip, flip with no power, flip up and immediately go back down, even with the button still pressed, or work correctly. I am thinking the end of stroke switch, and maybe the button switch. Both flippers were completely rebuilt within the last 2 years. With very little use since, but enough to know that they were working. Any thoughts? I didn't get a chance to look into yet, just wanted to get some places to look... Cross posted form the R&B club.

#1096 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Both flippers were completely rebuilt within the last 2 years.

Is the cabinet switches gold contacts?
Is the power hold circuitry working on the solid state board?

#1097 5 years ago

Sound board question:

I took out my board on my Star Wars after I bought a Pinsound board. Now my Batman is giving me trouble (sound cutting in and out, crackling, etc). Can I put old board from my Star Wars in my Batman?

#1098 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Sound board question:
I took out my board on my Star Wars after I bought a Pinsound board. Now my Batman is giving me trouble (sound cutting in and out, crackling, etc). Can I put old board from my Star Wars in my Batman?

No, the sound boards are not upwards or downwards compatable.

#1099 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

had an issue with my Rocky and Bullwinkle.
When playing this weekend, the left flipper would sometimes not flip, flip with no power, flip up and immediately go back down, even with the button still pressed, or work correctly. I am thinking the end of stroke switch, and maybe the button switch. Both flippers were completely rebuilt within the last 2 years. With very little use since, but enough to know that they were working. Any thoughts? I didn't get a chance to look into yet, just wanted to get some places to look... Cross posted form the R&amp;B club.

Cold solder joints at the SSFB?

#1100 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

No, the sound boards are not upwards or downwards compatable.

I'll probably buy a Pinsound and new speakers for my Batman. Just wanted a temporary fix until my pinball fund replenishes!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 29.99
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 45.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-pinball-club/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.