• Yes, I have one. 356 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 169 votes
    28%
  • Considering buying one or more. 56 votes
    9%
  • No, never 32 votes
    5%

(Multiple choice - 613 votes by 597 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 382 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4167D3CE-13C3-40C4-8126-2F0D8B1A0B1C (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 4.28.23 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 3.48.19 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 3.55.02 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 4.01.46 PM (resized).png
20190809_162617 (resized).jpg
20190809_162606 (resized).jpg
20190809_162309 (resized).jpg
20190809_162257 (resized).jpg
20190809_162248 (resized).jpg
IMG_7264 (resized).JPG
IMG_1667 (resized).JPG
IMG_1666 (resized).JPG
0BDE6503-6D8B-4635-9B19-6B36817A8F53 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1423 (resized).JPG
IMG_1421 (resized).JPG

There are 1311 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 27.
#51 4 years ago

TMNT was my first pin, and boy did I have to figure out how DE made pinballs. Who ever "fixed" it did so by buying all thier parts from Autozone... 4 pin trailer plug instead of the cheap inline 4 pin molex. Electrical tape over the hole in the ramp. Learned to look over a pinball a little better with that one. Still own TMNT as I am from the Turtle generation. Also have Hook since it is the first pinball I can remember playing as a kid in the bowling alley.Hook and TMNT.jpg

#52 4 years ago

I have a dk pinball data east power tap for sale. Ended up with one to many. They work well to get 12 volt power for mods. Check dk website for what games it works with. $13.00 shipped.

#53 4 years ago

I have a LAH, and looking forward to trying out the recently released firmware update! Excellent game!

#54 4 years ago

Anyone need a warning text screen for the back box for a restore? Let me know - need an order of ten to get it made.

#55 4 years ago

I had a Star Wars and Jurassic Park...both great games. I really miss JP. Monday Night Football is my only DE that has staying power. Amazing game...especially for multiple people.

#56 4 years ago

First pin ever was BTTF. I knew nothing about pinball when I bought it (other than I loved to play--just wasn't any good at it and lost too many quarters in the arcade), and it was just an OK game. Still, it was trouble free and was fun enough to encourage me to find a pin that was a little more challenging. I still miss the music, the clock tower shot and achieving multi-ball... After I sold it I soon found I had to have another DE, just 'cause they are different--and found a nice TFTC. I'll always have at least one DE in the line-up--how could you not?

#57 4 years ago

I have a decent amount. I have always been a DE defender, but I do get part of the complaining when I've had them near each other - the modes on JP, TFTC, Tommy and WWFRR are extremely similar. B/W games do "feel" different from one another. I LOVE the way that the DE machines are, but I don't like having all four of mine near each other or playing them close to one another.

That said, if you only have a few machines, they are the best bargain in pinball I think. JP remains one of my favorite games, especially lately

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

Isn't the power to the PF coils & flashers cut off by opening the coin door during gameplay?

No. I just tested this out today on Rocky & Bullwinkle as well as on Jurassic Park. All the coils and flippers work normally with the coin door open.

I believe the switch is just to be able to go into the diagnostic/audit modes.

#59 4 years ago

Have a LAH With alternative translite and it is a lot of fun to play most of the DE games are fun to play. Do hate pulling the playfield up and having to worry it will drop I don't have the strength to pull the little Hingis to hold it when it's upright either

#60 4 years ago

should be little bungie cord

#61 4 years ago

...that is always too short.

1 week later
#62 4 years ago

I like the original LAH translite just as the artist intended.
No alternative artwork for me.

#63 4 years ago

I have LAH and may get others in the future. The only complaint I have is how the service menu works, otherwise its a solid game. We had a TFTC at an arcade I worked at back in the 90s and I always enjoyed that too.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I like the original LAH translite just as the artist intended.
No alternative artwork for me.

Fine and dandy if yours is in good shape, mine had a zillion cracks in the ink it was so dry. Looked REALLY bad so I had to get an alt.

#65 4 years ago

I have JP, TFTC, R&B.

I have owned DESW.

I love my DE games.

RussMyers

#66 4 years ago

I've had a bunch of them:

3 Secret Service
2 Torpedo Alley
1 Robocop
1 Laser War
1 TFTC
1 LW3
1 BTTF

Right now, I only have TFTC and Tor. Alley... But I am looking to buy a friends DE Simpsons at some point in the future...

I like DE's a lot but I view it as an acquired taste for sure. I would also like to own a WWF at some point in the future. One other note, I can't stand JP and don't even buy them if they are available at a "fire sale" price!

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Fine and dandy if yours is in good shape, mine had a zillion cracks in the ink it was so dry. Looked REALLY bad so I had to get an alt.

Original translites in decent to good shape are still out there and available now and then.

#68 4 years ago

Original translites in decent to good shape are still out there and available now and then.

Yes I know but mine needed something NOW. It was horrible to look at.

#69 4 years ago

Anyone have a very nice original Jurassic Park translite to sell?

#70 4 years ago

Almost done with my Simpsons refresh. Touched up and Treasure Cove'd the PF, replaced a whole bunch of stuff. Still need to powder coat or repaint the habitrails and replace some connectors. Can't wait to fire it up!

100_6109.JPG

#71 4 years ago

WOW does that look nice. Never play one though. How different is it then Pinball Party?

#72 4 years ago

Never played TSPP so I couldn't say. This is from 1990, TSPP is from 2003, so that one's obviously going to be a deeper game, but I really prefer the look of the DE version.

#73 4 years ago

My first DMD display game TFTC!

#74 4 years ago

I got a DM Time Machine that I love but it kicks my butt. It plays really fast and once the ball gets out of control in the lower playfield it is hard to stop. I'd love a short ball saver on multiball. My trips to 1950 usually only last a 10 seconds or so.

#75 4 years ago

Once you get the pops tuned they are as thunderous as a brand new Sterns. Love my DE's more & more.

#76 4 years ago

Hi Guys,

Glad that i ran across this post. Have a few questions of those who are Data East aficionados; I had discovered a Star Trek made by Data East and was very interested in it as I think it might have been the original one with Kirk and Spock. When I did some checking on the machine I was told to stay away from it. I was told that the display, should it fail, cannot be replaced as there are no aftermarket parts available and further, that Data East was sort of the "third player" in the game and their quality was not nearly what a Williams or Gottlieb would be of the same era. Would love some input from those that are really familiar and can offer some unbiased as possible feedback here.

Thank you,

G

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Hi Guys,
Glad that i ran across this post. Have a few questions of those who are Data East aficionados; I had discovered a Star Trek made by Data East and was very interested in it as I think it might have been the original one with Kirk and Spock. When I did some checking on the machine I was told to stay away from it. I was told that the display, should it fail, cannot be replaced as there are no aftermarket parts available and further, that Data East was sort of the "third player" in the game and their quality was not nearly what a Williams or Gottlieb would be of the same era. Would love some input from those that are really familiar and can offer some unbiased as possible feedback here.
Thank you,
G

I enjoyed my DE Star Trek when I had it. Had it for about a year and was bored of the game play.
Play one and you find you like it, buy it. Everyone does not like the same games. It is a personal preference.

XPin is currently working on a replacement DMD for it and expects to have it out probably by the summer 2015. Occasionally, used working DMD's for this game (also used in DE Batman, and Hook) pop up on Ebay. Don't let the DMD decide this for you. I even repaired one for a friend.

#78 4 years ago

Have a GnR that's in really great shape. A some chew at Axl but not too bad.

I have low ceilings in my basement, and occasionally the metal tabs at the end of a playfield will lightly scrape my ceiling when I get under the hood for repairs. Stern, Bally, Williams, all the same. I CANNOT raid the play field all the way on GnR because the game sits so high in its cabinet. Is this unique to GnR or is this true with DE games in general? I'm going to have to remove the legs to flip up the play field. Total PITA.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Have a GnR that's in really great shape. A some chew at Axl but not too bad.
I have low ceilings in my basement, and occasionally the metal tabs at the end of a playfield will lightly scrape my ceiling when I get under the hood for repairs. Stern, Bally, Williams, all the same. I CANNOT raid the play field all the way on GnR because the game sits so high in its cabinet. Is this unique to GnR or is this true with DE games in general? I'm going to have to remove the legs to flip up the play field. Total PITA.

Is your ceiling the suspended type?

#80 4 years ago

nope. i live in a Hobbit house! I call it the shire.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

nope. i live in a Hobbit house! I call it the shire.

must be an older house cuz people were shorter back then.

#82 4 years ago

I recently picked up my 2nd JP. Traded the first one a couple years back. It's a working project. I reflowed all the headers on the boards, recapped the sound board and replaced all the fuseclips. Waiting until after the holidays to pull the playfield for the real fun.....

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from bflagg:

I recently picked up my 2nd JP. Traded the first one a couple years back. It's a working project. I reflowed all the headers on the boards, recapped the sound board and replaced all the fuseclips. Waiting until after the holidays to pull the playfield for the real fun.....

I know your gonna have loads of fun there.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I know your gonna have loads of fun there.

Oh I know, I did it on the first one I had. I'm actually looking forward to it.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from bflagg:

Oh I know, I did it on the first one I had. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Well this one should go a lot faster then.

#86 4 years ago

I can completely understand people's aversion to Checkpoint, it really isn't much of a game but, it sure is fun. I don't stay awake worrying about the DMD either.

20141207_132350.jpg 20141207_132228.jpg
#87 4 years ago

I enjoyed my DE Star Trek when I had it. Had it for about a year and was bored of the game play.
Play one and you find you like it, buy it. Everyone does not like the same games. It is a personal preference.
XPin is currently working on a replacement DMD for it and expects to have it out probably by the summer 2015. Occasionally, used working DMD's for this game (also used in DE Batman, and Hook) pop up on Ebay. Don't let the DMD decide this for you. I even repaired one for a friend.

PinLED makes new versions of those 128x16 displays, but they are very expensive:

http://www.pinled.de/shop/product_info.php?cPath=7_54&products_id=30

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from FirebrandX:

PinLED makes new versions of those 128x16 displays, but they are very expensive:

Yeah that is expensive for that small of a display. But if ya need it ya need it.

1 week later
#89 4 years ago
Quoted from FirebrandX:

Xpin is working on a replacement as well.

#90 4 years ago

"I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour.

I'm funky like a monkey.

Sky's the limit and space is the place!" (Randy Savage)

I have a WWF:RR!

Yeah! Yeah! OHHHH YEAH!

3 weeks later
#91 4 years ago

With the new Stern Wrestlemania release in 2 months, OOTOgd, will you be adding it next to your DE Royal Rumble?

#93 4 years ago

I have a nice TFTC and Tommy. Pretty similar games but love them both!

#94 4 years ago

My Tales from the Crypt and WWF Royal Rumble are among my favorite games!

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

I have a nice TFTC and Tommy. Pretty similar games but love them both!

I need to spend more time on Tommy but hard game to find to play, actually only played a few times at a tournament, but one the ramp is not the same as the two great ramps on TFTC.

#96 4 years ago

10406412_10205575657573722_7619217112255220878_n.jpg
#97 4 years ago

I had one of these

10384110_10203998840114271_1804146398531119264_n.jpg
#98 4 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

10406412_10205575657573722_76192... 80 KB

That's technically a Sega though...

#99 4 years ago

3 so far.. Next up, WWFRR (If I can hunt one down..damnit!)

photo 3 (3).JPG photo 4 (2).JPG
#100 4 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

3 so far.. Next up, WWFRR (If I can hunt one down..damnit!)

photo 3 (3).JPG 135 KB

photo 4 (2).JPG 139 KB

Nice and not a "normal" ball plunger in the bunch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Bloomfield, MI
$ 8,999.00
$ 299.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 1311 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 27.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside