• Yes, I have one. 570 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 279 votes
    29%
  • Considering buying one or more. 84 votes
    9%
  • No, never 44 votes
    5%

(Multiple choice - 977 votes by 935 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

67312872-3690-4A0C-A367-BFA047062595 (resized).jpeg
20240325_112554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
0315241421.jpg
0315241430.jpg
0315241420.jpg
R&B Problem Solving (resized).jpg
received_7209732659109600.jpeg
received_412878897897607.jpeg
received_7503193196399245.jpeg
received_925266752300128.jpeg
IMG_6450 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6449 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2270 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 61.
#751 6 years ago
Quoted from corey0827:

Have 88 secret service for sale it in the market if interested plz let me know thanks everything works comes with lots of extras alot replaced including flipper kits balls led display knocker etc..

Never realized how much of a flash clone that game is. Interesting.

#752 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Never realized how much of a flash clone that game is. Interesting.

... and/or similar to High Speed.

#753 6 years ago

I need a good used power supply and mpu board for a hook pinball , if they need repair it's all good , just as long as the board isn't too bad burned ... I can work with it .. thanks

#754 6 years ago

Does anyone know of a person/place that recreate DE stickers/serial number tags? I'm doing a BTTF restoration and was hoping someone had some resources.

I do have all the source ones that I could recreate myself...

#755 6 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

Does anyone know of a person/place that recreate DE stickers/serial number tags? I'm doing a BTTF restoration and was hoping someone had some resources.

Talk to flashinstinct if you need design help or ovfdfireman if you just need printing.

#756 6 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

Hes still doing them, i just ordered a set last week, havent come yet but its like 19 stickers for 25$ dobt know is seriel tags are in it though

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1054-flashinstinct/00579-data-east-warning-decals

#757 6 years ago

Has anyone restores the plastic chrome on their apron?

I was wondering what techniques people used to do this?

#758 6 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Has anyone restores the plastic chrome on their apron?
I was wondering what techniques people used to do this?

Here is one way
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finished-shopping-my-rocky-bullwinkle-its-hella-fun/page/2
About 3/4 of the way down the page...

#759 6 years ago

Help !! My F5 fuse keeps blowing on my hook , none of the coils work , if unplug j8 fuse don't blow , replaced q1 - q5 ,didn't blow fuses till the tip36c fried again , I'm thinking it's in the tip102 section on mpu , really burned up , but I can't find a donor board , someone got them a shiny new board , would you sell me your less than perfect board , one that semi works , but isn't all burned up ...

#760 6 years ago

Nobody .... really ....

#761 6 years ago

Have any of you ever had issues with your sound board playing sound effects but not music, or music is there but not there-there. I'm having that issue with my playboy 35th. Replaced the speakers and still the same issue... Frustrating to say the least. And I tried another sound board.... Same issue. Getting correct voltages, just music is way in the distance and somewhat distorted. Help?!?

2 weeks later
#762 6 years ago

If I make some power harness,s for data east dmd era machines...

Would there be any demand?

These would be replacements for burnt or hacked harness'

#763 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

If I make some power harness,s for data east dmd era machines...
Would there be any demand?
These would be replacements for burnt or hacked harness'

I'd be in for one.

#764 6 years ago

Speaking of harnesses, I found this interesting. Just picked up a Secret Service, which is the second game after Laser War. All the sub-harnesses, such as the ones that go to the speaker panel and topper, have stamped tags for Secret Service, the main harness stamp tag read Laser War. Of course, that can be expected when harnesses are passed from one game to the next when the existing harness meets the current design requirements.

#766 6 years ago

2 Data East pins here! A Tmnt and recently picked up a Robocop. If anyone has a pic handy of the receiving end of the jump ramp please post. Mine is missing the flap that kicks the ball back into the diverter. Any pics would be great! Thanks. This is the shot I'm looking for.

IMG_2206 (resized).JPGIMG_2206 (resized).JPG

#767 6 years ago

Can someone offer an opinion on the value/range of a very nice Time Machine with NOS Star Warp and NOS playfield plastics? Thanks.

#768 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Can someone offer an opinion on the value/range of a very nice Time Machine with NOS Star Warp and NOS playfield plastics? Thanks.

Got any pics? Sounds nice.

#769 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Got any pics? Sounds nice.

I'll take some this weekend. Just trying to decide if I should consider moving it for space.

#770 6 years ago

Having a weird issue with my TFTC. It has to do with the diode connected to the micro switch that fires the solenoid that kicks the ball into the shooter lane. When I got the game a few months ago the diode was disconnected but did not seem to affect game play. when I attached it, any auto save (engore!) balls would not be fired into the shooter alley. They'd just sit there until ball search kicked them out. So on start up and throughout the game the balls were ejected fine, just not any auto save/Engore balls.

I thought maybe the diode was bad so put a new one on today and also installed a new micro switch from Marco. With the new diode connected I get the same thing. So for a normal drain (when auto save is no longer enabled) it will shoot the ball into the shooter alley/lane; connect the diode and the ball sits there after a drain (when auto save is still on) until ball search kicks it out. I'm not sure if this also will happen during multi-ball as well.

Disconnect the diode and all works again. So, IDK. I reckon its been working like that from way before I took possession of the game (re-import from Spain). Not a show stopper, and the game plays fine, but something is flakey if connecting the diode causes this problem. I have asked around on the TFTC forum and got some good info, but this is possibly an issue that might have affected other DE games as the shooting mechanisms are similar. So figured it can't hurt to ask the DE group. Thanks. Cyrus

diode (resized).jpgdiode (resized).jpg

#771 6 years ago

Cyrus,

One thing to keep in mind... the switch matrix is interesting in that many times, the suspected bad switch is actually fine but it is another switch on the matrix that is causing the issue. Like maybe the Slam Tilt switch (on the coindoor) or the Shooter Lane switch.

I would look at all the switches that are in the same Row and Column as the switch that you are having issues with.

Hook up your switch (make sure it is wired correctly), take all the balls out of the game, and then go into Switch Test mode and test all the other switches I have colored red. Look for anything odd.

TFTCmatrix (resized).pngTFTCmatrix (resized).png

#772 6 years ago

Hi all, I am hoping someone can help with my turtles pinball. The ball struggles to get out of the sewer- has 4-6 attempts and the result is the ball jamming in the sewer lid. the lid seems to operating correctly and the sensor switch obviously works as the coil continues to fire. it just doesn't seem to kick enough. has anyone had this issue before?
thanks in advance.

I also love data east, currently own turtles, TFTC and previously R&B.

pin (resized).jpgpin (resized).jpg

#773 6 years ago

Hi everyone, I thought I would share some of my restored BTTF pictures (which I also have up for sale in the market).

I'm pretty happy on how this turned out!

20170617_192717 (resized).jpg20170617_192717 (resized).jpg20170703_151530 (resized).jpg20170703_151530 (resized).jpg20170703_151516 (resized).jpg20170703_151516 (resized).jpg

#774 6 years ago

If anyone can help with a Simpsons outhole kicker not working, here's the thread....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doh-de-simpsons-outhole-kicker-not-kicking

1 week later
#775 6 years ago
Quoted from Toastie:

Hi all, I am hoping someone can help with my turtles pinball. The ball struggles to get out of the sewer- has 4-6 attempts and the result is the ball jamming in the sewer lid. the lid seems to operating correctly and the sensor switch obviously works as the coil continues to fire. it just doesn't seem to kick enough. has anyone had this issue before?
thanks in advance.

Just a wild guess, sounds like it's either being blocked or it doesn't have enough power to kick it out. I'd make sure it's free and clear to exit and then change the kicker.

#776 6 years ago

Don't suppose anyone has an NOS or a great shape Simpsons playfield they would want to part with? The Mylar on mine will remove half the playfield if I take it off and it's bubbling and flaking badly.

#777 6 years ago
Quoted from Toastie:

thanks in advance.

Not sure if it's the same issue but I had trouble with my VUK and the left scoop on Jurassic Park for a long time I replaced coils, sleeves, rebuilt the VUK...tried everything I could think of and couldn't get it figured out.

A few months ago, my power supply board died. I picked up a Rottendog with plans to rebuild my original. Wouldn't you know, as soon as I played the first game with the Rottendog, I had no issue with any of these items. The VUK has not gotten stuck once and the left scoop fires the ball with force to the left flipper every time.

Again, your issue very well may be something else but if you run out of ideas, it may be worth investigating. Good luck!

1 week later
#778 6 years ago

I'm looking for a speaker replacement for my DE Simpons. My 5 1/4 speaker has failed. I would like to give an upgraded speaker but not sure if the sound board would have the power for the upgraded speaker.

#779 6 years ago

anyone happen to have an mpu ver 3 that they could let go? or if you may be able to help with what I have going on with mine. It has had a lot of work done on it due to battery damage and now that it is all cleaned up, the 50v coils fire when in flasher lamps test mode. no flashers but the coils fire. this is for a r&b

#780 6 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

anyone happen to have an mpu ver 3 that they could let go? or if you may be able to help with what I have going on with mine. It has had a lot of work done on it due to battery damage and now that it is all cleaned up, the 50v coils fire when in flasher lamps test mode. no flashers but the coils fire. this is for a r&b

I had this happen with my old MPU board in Tommy. It turned out that some battery acid had dripped down into the CN12 connectors on the bottom left of the board and they were linked to the L/R Relay on the PPB (if I remember right). This caused the relay to malfunction and coils to fire instead of flashers. Re-pinning the connector and changing out the wiring fixed it.

#781 6 years ago

A/C relay not working correctly.

#782 6 years ago

Can anyone share a pic of what the sticker on the backbox, from early DE games would have looked like? The one on my Torpedo Alley is quite faded.

20170725_201544 (resized).jpg20170725_201544 (resized).jpg

#783 6 years ago

I adopted a Hook. If anyone knows where to get the multiball skill shot plastic let me know.

IMG_0600 (resized).JPGIMG_0600 (resized).JPG

#784 6 years ago

Unobtainium. I have a good one that I'm waiting for Freeplay40 to reproduce when he gets his larger machine. However, based on the low number of people who bought the Rufio ramps he made, I don't think it will be high on his list.

#785 6 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Can anyone share a pic of what the sticker on the backbox, from early DE games would have looked like? The one on my Torpedo Alley is quite faded.

This help?

IMG_20170726_182510 (resized).jpgIMG_20170726_182510 (resized).jpg

#786 6 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

PM send.

#788 6 years ago

Sure does. Thanks! I could barely make out the DE logo on mine. Figures it uses that linear-maroon-on-gray 80's trope palette.

Responded, and thank you!

#789 6 years ago
Quoted from Number41:

I had this happen with my old MPU board in Tommy. It turned out that some battery acid had dripped down into the CN12 connectors on the bottom left of the board and they were linked to the L/R Relay on the PPB (if I remember right). This caused the relay to malfunction and coils to fire instead of flashers. Re-pinning the connector and changing out the wiring fixed it.

Thank you for the tip. I'll give that a shot

2 weeks later
#790 6 years ago

For anyone needing to give their Torpedo Alley a little love. We have made these:

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/torpedo-alley-pinball-cabinet-decals/

torpedo-alley-pinball-cabinet-decals-flipper-side-art (resized).jpgtorpedo-alley-pinball-cabinet-decals-flipper-side-art (resized).jpg

#791 6 years ago

I was thinking of this awhile ago, when did data east start putting in shaker motors? What games have them? Are any games set up for them without having one? I have a rocky and bullwinkle that would be fun to ha e one on

#792 6 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

when did data east start putting in shaker motors?

Check Point.

Quoted from amkoepfer:

Are any games set up for them without having one?

No.

Quoted from amkoepfer:

I have a rocky and bullwinkle that would be fun to ha e one on

You would have to hack the software if there is any room and have to come up with a port
to drive it.

#793 6 years ago

Thanks for the info. I doubt id try to hack it to get it to work

#794 6 years ago

Just picked up a Hook. The DMD does not function. The person I purchased it from purchased it new.

#795 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Just picked up a Hook. The DMD does not function. The person I purchased it from purchased it new.

Is it an original dmd or a newer led one? If led just make sure its still connected to the machine and red line on connector is lined up. If original, could be the problem i had, the originals can become "gassed out" i was told. My turtles one needed it to warm up then worked a few times and stopped. Ended up getting an led one and havent had an issue yet.

#796 6 years ago

And i didnt read your last part about getting it new, im sorry but i hope my post helped in some way for you.

#797 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

A good thing there are LED displays these days....

#798 6 years ago

Sorry the person purchased the pin new in 92. I did Google about the DMD becoming gas out. The pin was put up for auction because the owner was moving. I will post some photos of when I get it on its legs.

#799 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Sorry the person purchased the pin new in 92. I did Google about the DMD becoming gas out. The pin was put up for auction because the owner was moving. I will post some photos of when I get it on its legs.

Also measure the voltages at the DMD. I suspect you have either -112v, -100v or 62v missing (comes from the power supply)..

#800 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Also measure the voltages at the DMD. I suspect you have either -112v, -100v or 62v missing (comes from the power supply)..

Thanks for posting I was going to do voltage test before buying a new DMD. I'm going to install NVRAM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Hilton, NY
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 259.00
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-pinball-club/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.